U.S. plans to rewrite rules that impede self driving cars

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
U.S. Plans To Rewrite Rules That Impede Self-driving Cars

The Trump administration is moving ahead with plans to revise safety rules that bar fully self-driving cars from the roads without equipment such as steering wheels, pedals and mirrors, according to a document made public on Thursday.

------------------------------------------

Lets hope they have some kind of laws, a self driving car can never react the same way a human can, it can never know when that sudden incident of fate takes place in that split second moment.

Robos, computers etc will never full fill the " ENTIRE HUMAN BEINGS" as human are right now.

A robot will never have emotions real emotions , etc.

The Trump administration is moving ahead with plans to revise safety rules that bar fully self-driving cars from the roads without equipment such as steering wheels, pedals and mirrors, according to a document made public on Thursday.

Lets hope they have some kind of laws, a self driving car can never react the same way a human can, it can never know when that sudden incident of fate takes place in that split second moment.

Robos, computers etc will never full fill the " ENTIRE HUMAN BEINGS" as human are right now.

I want self driving cars to be proven tech by the time I am too old to drive.

It will be a great boon to the elderly, greatly extending independence and quality of life.

And I dont' put too much stock in Human's ability to drive. Too many old, drunk, blind and/or stupid people out there.

I want self driving cars to be proven tech by the time I am too old to drive.

It will be a great boon to the elderly, greatly extending independence and quality of life.

And I dont' put too much stock in Human's ability to drive. Too many old, drunk, blind and/or stupid people out there.

I'd rather have a chauffeur'd limo when I'm old.

These things have not been proven to be safe. Amazing how Trump wants to put people in danger with unproven technology.

I tell you, these horseless carriages propel themselves far too quickly on our thoroughfares. They cannot turn on a dime the way a horse can. These infernal mindless machines will be the death of countless innocent pedestrians. Our streets will run red with blood. Mark my words!

Self driving cars may work just fine on roads that only allow self driving cars. Mixing self driving cars with human driven cars seems quite dangerous because humans are too unpredictable.

Look at the deaths, injuries and costs that human drivers have caused. Does anyone really think self-driving cars will be worse? No drunk drivers. No distracted drivers. No texting & driving. No more fatigued drivers. Yeah, won't that be a shame?

Forum List

Back