U.S. orchestrated Georgian war ...

We certainly had a hand in escalating the tensions I'm sure.

But so far as I know we didn't order Russian tanks on Gerogian soil.

I think there's enough blame to go around.

I expect when the dust settles and the real story comes out, we'll see there's at least three players all partially responsible for this embroglio.
i bet our only involvement was S-kavili over estimating our response

Hypothetically ---

I am curious if people here think that the Bush administration would sort of nudge a country into conflict like this? The claim is:

I don't know what "encouraged" means here, but my question is whether you (anyone) would put it past the Bush administration to do this sort of thing for political gain.

Given the possibility that:

Senate panel rebukes Bush, Cheney on prewar Iraq claims - Los Angeles Times

Also, given that the recently unveiled republican platform diverges from McCain on a couple major points,

... I would not put it past some of the White House warriors to do this sort of thing. Would you? Is this sort of tactic beyond the ambition of some people high up in the republican party?

Note: this is not directed at McCain. I am looking forward to hearing the convention next week. But I do think there are some misguided souls in the WHite House.....

Anytime you get this close to the truth, they move you to the conspiracy forum. You are 100 percent correct. But you have to prove it, even if its obvious. perfect example, cia valerie plames leak. busted, but irrelavent to these sheeple.

No, no one would put it past bush. The question is, why is 30 percent of america defending them and why are independents having trouble deciding? guns, gays and god, not to mention racism.

well, some say Saddam was "encouraged" to invade Kuwait by April Glaspie's comment of "we have no position on your border dispute with Kuwait"

so i guess we would need to know just what is supposed to be "encouragement"

I'm surprised to see you know and admit that. pos. rep pt for you.

We certainly had a hand in escalating the tensions I'm sure.

But so far as I know we didn't order Russian tanks on Gerogian soil.

I think there's enough blame to go around.

I expect when the dust settles and the real story comes out, we'll see there's at least three players all partially responsible for this embroglio.

No, we didn't order russia to do anything. We told Georgia that we'd have their back.

Remember I said this the day after it started? Heard it all on randi rhodes. she know timelines for when rove and rice visited and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what was said based on what georgia did.

And is it true n. korea is re nigging on nukes? a friend at work told me but I was too busy to look.

republicans are horrible at foreign affairs.

Anytime you get this close to the truth, they move you to the conspiracy forum.

So? Conspiracy means more than person conspiring an action. This thread seems perfect for the conspiracy theory forum!

You are 100 percent correct. But you have to prove it, even if its obvious. perfect example, cia valerie plames leak. busted, but irrelavent to these sheeple.

I'd expect some proof too to make anything of the claim.

No, no one would put it past bush.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Last edited:
No, we didn't order russia to do anything. We told Georgia that we'd have their back.

Remember I said this the day after it started? Heard it all on randi rhodes. she know timelines for when rove and rice visited and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what was said based on what georgia did.

And is it true n. korea is re nigging on nukes? a friend at work told me but I was too busy to look.

yeah Kim is up to his old tricks again

Hate to play spelling cop but it's "reneging" ... nothing personal ... it was just an eyesore to me in your post.

America didn't engineer this war. Russia engineered this war. It makes no sense for America to start a proxy war with Russia. It makes imminent sense for Russia to re-assert its power and stop the expansion of NATO into its former borders.

America didn't engineer this war. Russia engineered this war. It makes no sense for America to start a proxy war with Russia. It makes imminent sense for Russia to re-assert its power and stop the expansion of NATO into its former borders.

:eusa_clap:

Georgia would have never entered Nato under the Satus Quo Ante Bellum, so the argument that "Russia started to stop them" does not make sense.
The only thing that could have changed that would have been a peacefull reintegration, which was not forthcoming under S-Vili.
Especially in line of that "We are going to reinstate constituational order in South Ossetia" Quote from a top Georgian General.
Georgia may have been "provoked", but they started the serious shelling. On the first day of olympics and just hours after declaring a ceasefire.
They did win the media war though.
What would the US do if China invades Taiwan? This would could also be seen as an "attempt to reinstate the constitutional order" on a breakaway province that does not enjoy significant international recognition. I doubt it would applaud.
If the US would win such war as convincingly as Russia did its, my guess for the peace terms would be at least: "China will release Tibet and Taiwan as souvereign states".

i bet our only involvement was S-kavili over estimating our response

Our involvement includes our growing relationships to all the former Soviet block nations.

This event in Georgia and the Russian response, is tied, at least in part, to the expansion of NATO.

Now that does not excuse Russia, but it does explain to some extent, why Russia is taking such a hard line in this affair.

Why are we even expanding NATO anyway, especially in countries on Russia’s border? The first NATO Secretary General Lord Ismay, famously stated the organization's goal was "to keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down". But now the cold war has ended, Russia is a democracy and relations were getting much better between Russia and the west. Letting countries like Georgia and Ukraine join NATO is completely unnecessary and a slap in the face for Russia. On May 7, 2008, The Daily Telegraph held an interview with Gorbachev and he said "the Americans promised that NATO wouldn't move beyond the boundaries of Germany after the Cold War but now half of central and eastern Europe are members”. It’s just a shitty thing to be doing imo. If anyone should join NATO it should be Russia, but the west just doesn’t seem to want to be friends or play fair :sad:

Forum List

Back