U.S. Olympic athlete, Mexican flag?

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"The 27-year-old was born in Mexico, but the United States is his country now. His father migrated here illegally from the city of Dolores Hidalgo. Manzano was brought here when he was 4. Like most immigrants, they came in search of greater opportunity. And they found it -- for themselves, and their children."

There are millions of illegals like this who do not want to assimilate and the government bends over backwards to make them feel like they are still in the countries they were born in. If you live in a area with a lot of Hispanics you understand this. Many area's in Southern California look like third world countries now and it's spreading.

U.S. Olympic athlete, Mexican flag? - CNN.com

Find out what the latest bills in Congress are dealing with illegal immigration and see what YOU can do to help stop illegal immigration. Help stop illegal immigration.

HERE'S HOW: http://www.numbersusa.com
IT TAKES VERY LITTLE EFFORT OR TIME.

-

Last edited:
If he won a medal while representing an American team, he should be stripped of whatever gains he made, oh...and the medal too. Obviously, he isn't capable of representing the United States and he sure as hell wasn't sponsored by Mexico. What a sack of shit.

This kid just disrespected the American team in a huge way and he should be ashamed. I totally agree with this part:

This country took you in during your hour of need. Now in your moment of glory, which country deserves your respect -- the one that offered nothing to your parents and forced them to leave or the one that took you all in and gave you the opportunity to live out your dreams?

The answer should be obvious.

When I was much younger I used to have a Cuban flag in my car, because I am the child of an American father and a Cuban mother. But then I realized how incredibly disrespectful it is. My family fled Cuba, under pain of death, because my grandfather was an American, considered lower than scum and worthy of being killed if he didn't leave during the revolution.

True, this kids parents left Mexico for very different reasons than those I have just given, but they still left because they saw a better opportunity for life, and for prosperity and happiness, and in the end we took their child and gave him citizenship. Now he has the gall to turn his back on that and wave the Mexican flag at the same time as ours, on the same level as ours, when he won a medal for the American team. What a complete and utter fail, what a complete lack of respect.

If he won a medal while representing an American team, he should be stripped of whatever gains he made, oh...and the medal too. Obviously, he isn't capable of representing the United States and he sure as hell wasn't sponsored by Mexico. What a sack of shit.

I completely agree, but is that even allowable in the rules of the Olympics? For him to be stripped of it all including the medal? If it is allowable it damn sure should happen.

Forum List

Back