U.S. officials conclude Iran deal violates federal law

That is not what the paper work says at all.

Flat misinterpretation. The President has the right in the 2012 to suspend provisions of the the act if necessary.
Really???

How about a link showing where he can ignore a law PASSED BY CONGRESS whenever he decides to???
Jake the Fake Delegate doesn't do links. That is only for us plebes.
You have not given good evidence for your point. And since you have posted the OP, you have to show BHO does not have the power to suspend the law. In fact, he does. You know it, and that is why you are being quarrelsom.
Show me where Obozo has the power to "suspend the law", Dumbass.

Flat misinterpretation. The President has the right in the 2012 to suspend provisions of the the act if necessary.
Really???

How about a link showing where he can ignore a law PASSED BY CONGRESS whenever he decides to???
You have not given good evidence for your point. And since you have posted the OP, you have to show BHO does not have the power to suspend the law. In fact, he does. You know it, and that is why you are being quarrelsom.
He wont bother to defend his position. Jake is a troll, nothing more. That is why I have his sorry ass on ignore.

Really???

Show me without a doubt that the deal violates federal law. You can't.

Really???

He wont bother to defend his position. Jake is a troll, nothing more. That is why I have his sorry ass on ignore.
Jim follows me around like my little doggie. :lol:

Well, well...

Guess Obozo needs to make up a new law....
EXCLUSIVE: U.S. officials conclude Iran deal violates federal law

Some senior U.S. officials involved in the implementation of the Iran nuclear deal have privately concluded that a key sanctions relief provision – a concession to Iran that will open the doors to tens of billions of dollars in U.S.-backed commerce with the Islamic regime – conflicts with existing federal statutes and cannot be implemented without violating those laws, Fox News has learned.

At issue is a passage tucked away in ancillary paperwork attached to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA, as the Iran nuclear deal is formally known. Specifically, Section 5.1.2 of Annex II provides that in exchange for Iranian compliance with the terms of the deal, the U.S. “shall…license non-U.S. entities that are owned or controlled by a U.S. person to engage in activities with Iran that are consistent with this JCPOA.”

In short, this means that foreign subsidiaries of U.S. parent companies will, under certain conditions, be allowed to do business with Iran. The problem is that the Iran Threat Reduction and Syria Human Rights Act (ITRA), signed into law by President Obama in August 2012, was explicit in closing the so-called “foreign sub” loophole.

Indeed, ITRA also stipulated, in Section 218, that when it comes to doing business with Iran, foreign subsidiaries of U.S. parent firms shall in all cases be treated exactly the same as U.S. firms: namely, what is prohibited for U.S. parent firms has to be prohibited for foreign subsidiaries, and what is allowed for foreign subsidiaries has to be allowed for U.S. parent firms.

What’s more, ITRA contains language, in Section 605, requiring that the terms spelled out in Section 218 shall remain in effect until the president of the United States certifies two things to Congress: first, that Iran has been removed from the State Department’s list of nations that sponsor terrorism, and second, that Iran has ceased the pursuit, acquisition, and development of weapons of mass destruction.

Additional executive orders and statutes signed by President Obama, such as theIran Nuclear Agreement Review Act, have reaffirmed that all prior federal statutes relating to sanctions on Iran shall remain in full effect.
Laws are for little people.

Really???

I do too, but occasionally I'll look to see what bull crap the Idiot posts...

After all, it reinforces my belief that Liberalism really IS a mental disorder!!!

Really???

I do too, but occasionally I'll look to see what bull crap the Idiot posts...

After all, it reinforces my belief that Liberalism really IS a mental disorder!!!
And the far right weirdos continue to hide in the corner.

:lol: loonie far right reactionary tards on the loose

Vigilante, this is for you when you talk to a Zombie.

zombies-bored.gif

Really???

Jakethedumbass being himself again?

Really???

Jakethedumbass being himself again?
When are you going to prove that BHO may not suspend that part of the law? You can't. You bore me.

zombies-bored.gif

Forum List

Back