U.S. Needs Industrial Policy

sparky

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2008
paradise
U.S. Needs Industrial Policy

The United States is currently absorbed in the highly partisan debate over health care reform. The president seems unwilling to pick a firm side in the discussion, but Republicans and Democrats have drawn lines in the sand. As we spend more and more effort on a health care issue, which is almost completely cut and dry at this point in terms of both fiscal and moral responsibility, we lose time and energy that should be spent on other issues.

One of the key issues that the Congress and the White House absolutely must address before a possible 2012 ouster is America’s manufacturing and industrial downfall.

The U.S. has not had a coordinated national industrial policy in decades, and each new Congress simply puts the issue on the back burner. They look only at the good and ignore the bad. For example, America is the world’s largest economy, it is one of the largest exporters, and its citizens are able to consume one-quarter of all the resources used on this planet in any given day.

2179069381_6c98cc98e6.jpg

U.S. Needs Industrial Policy | Economy In Crisis

okaaaay, Obviously the idea of jobs comes to mind , buti didn't know that we had had a 'coordinated industrial policy' here

anyone care to unfuzz me?

Actually, we do not need a new Policy. We have too many policies from the government.

We need a whole new PROGRAM.

Time to go isolationist and form our own larger country that would be the United States of North America and then make it our policy to trade within our own country. Retirees would be free to retire in the southern states of Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Puerto Rico and so on. Meanwhile all of the people in this larger country would be free to find work where ever it may be.

Regardless of the solutions offered, we need to take action now! Our once great expanding country is being destroyed by inane policies from Washington that are only compounding the malaise that is growing and growing and growing while our economy is shrinking and shrinking and shrinking.

Republicans will never stand for it. They will cry, "Government take over of industry".

Republicans will never stand for it. They will cry, "Government take over of industry".
RDean, every time I see that somebody is from Chicago I wonder what part. Have I asked you that? I grew up on the South Side in the Hyde Park region close to the University of Chicago. Both my father and mother's father (both doctors) were on staff at the Medical School at U of C.

My next door neighbor when I was a kid was Fritz Leiber, the world famous Science Fiction writer. He was a giant of a man in my eyes and a semi father figure to me. I lived at 5456 Ridgewood Court.

After I left in 58, the house was bought by the world famous photographer Joe Rosenthal who took the Iwo Jima flagraising photo that became so famous.

I found this out when watching a documentary on the History Channel and they were interviewing the son of the photographer and behind him was my bannister. I knew that bannister as well as I knew my own face because I had spent years sliding down it from 1953 to 1958 before I moved to live in Mexico with my father who had retired at the age of 49 to a tropical oceanside paradise like plantation ten miles north of Manzanillo.

Shortly after seeing my old bannister from half a century earlier I flew to Chicago and knocked on the front door, introduced myself and asked if I could tour the house for old time sake. I explained about the bannister and Mr. Rosenthal laughed. But hey, not all kids had the world's best sliding bannister to slide on from the ages of five to ten. Those are some of the best years of a boy's life.

Actually, we do not need a new Policy. We have too many policies from the government.

We need a whole new PROGRAM.

Time to go isolationist and form our own larger country that would be the United States of North America and then make it our policy to trade within our own country. Retirees would be free to retire in the southern states of Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Puerto Rico and so on. Meanwhile all of the people in this larger country would be free to find work where ever it may be.

Regardless of the solutions offered, we need to take action now! Our once great expanding country is being destroyed by inane policies from Washington that are only compounding the malaise that is growing and growing and growing while our economy is shrinking and shrinking and shrinking.

interesting point of view Neubarth

i guess there's always strength in a consortium, so your response is indicative that you're up on, if not an advocate of?, the Amero, and the North American Union (NAU)

what would really be the dif bettween that road, and the EU ?

Here's a policy for the government: Get The Hell Out Of Our Way.

RDean, every time I see that somebody is from Chicago I wonder what part. Have I asked you that? I grew up on the South Side in the Hyde Park region close to the University of Chicago. Both my father and mother's father (both doctors) were on staff at the Medical School at U of C.

My next door neighbor when I was a kid was Fritz Leiber, the world famous Science Fiction writer. He was a giant of a man in my eyes and a semi father figure to me. I lived at 5456 Ridgewood Court.

After I left in 58, the house was bought by the world famous photographer Joe Rosenthal who took the Iwo Jima flagraising photo that became so famous.

I found this out when watching a documentary on the History Channel and they were interviewing the son of the photographer and behind him was my bannister. I knew that bannister as well as I knew my own face because I had spent years sliding down it from 1953 to 1958 before I moved to live in Mexico with my father who had retired at the age of 49 to a tropical oceanside paradise like plantation ten miles north of Manzanillo.

Shortly after seeing my old bannister from half a century earlier I flew to Chicago and knocked on the front door, introduced myself and asked if I could tour the house for old time sake. I explained about the bannister and Mr. Rosenthal laughed. But hey, not all kids had the world's best sliding bannister to slide on from the ages of five to ten. Those are some of the best years of a boy's life.

I live right across the street from Wrigley Field. When I got out of the Service and I first came to Chicago, I lived on the South Side next to the Amphitheater where I used to go on Saturdays and watch Wrestling. Then I moved to the West Side and lived in Logan Square. Finally, I moved up by Wrigleys where I have living for years. I can hear the Baseball games out my living room window. Also concerts. Sting was the last one, before that, a Country and Western concert.
I volunteered at the Jane Addams Center for 15 years every third Sunday. They had a food bank and a ceramics work shop in the basement.

Chicago is a great city. There is so much to do here. Always something going on.

Here's a policy for the government: Get The Hell Out Of Our Way.

Our industrial base has suffered because of "policy." OSHA has put more businesses out of business than the Chinese. Minimum wage has cost more jobs than Wal Mart. Get rid of all of it.

Neubarth, my dad was a resident at Chicago in 1947. He was there when Thomas Mann was a patient and knew some of the docs attending to him. He also played ping pong with Thomas Szasz, the psychiatrist. He remembered it as being really really cold.

Neubarth, my dad was a resident at Chicago in 1947. He was there when Thomas Mann was a patient and knew some of the docs attending to him. He also played ping pong with Thomas Szasz, the psychiatrist. He remembered it as being really really cold.

It is cold in January and February. Only not so much the last few years.

I live right across the street from Wrigley Field. When I got out of the Service and I first came to Chicago, I lived on the South Side next to the Amphitheater where I used to go on Saturdays and watch Wrestling. Then I moved to the West Side and lived in Logan Square. Finally, I moved up by Wrigleys where I have living for years. I can hear the Baseball games out my living room window. Also concerts. Sting was the last one, before that, a Country and Western concert.
I volunteered at the Jane Addams Center for 15 years every third Sunday. They had a food bank and a ceramics work shop in the basement.

Chicago is a great city. There is so much to do here. Always something going on.

My father's mother lived at 1128 Oakdale avenue on the north side. I used to climb the wall at Wrigley's to get into games for free in the Fifties. That took a lot of moxie, but I was a dare devil back in those days what a time it was.

Forum List

Back