U.S. National Debt - $9 trillion

The budget of the IRS is ~$10-$11 billion. The budget of the entire government is >$2 trillion. That amounts to about 0.5% of government spending.

Nineteen Neglected Consequences of Income Redistribution: Newsroom: The Independent Institute
According to a study by James L. Payne, just the private compliance expense of taxpayers plus the budgetary and enforcement expense of the IRS add $270,000,000 to the tab for each billion dollars of spending by the federal government.7

Excuse me that's not 27% but its a ton of money being wasted

Last edited:
Oh, I think we could fill about 10,000 posts with examples of government waste!

And 90% of them would be overruns and outright fraud perpetrated on the American people by PRIVATE COMPANIES like Halliburton.

Of course, few libertopicans are willing to acknowledge that even though the evidence, indictments and convictions are well publicized.

Then you've never worked in government or for a government contractor. The American Civil Service is as useless a collection of workers as this country has in any sector. It's almost completely useless. You can't fire them, you can't hold them accountable for anything. And they hide behind more sets of rules any one person could ever fathom. To solve it, you have to DISOLVE IT and start over, privitizing most of it.

before the civil service existed how great were things? setting the clock back to the bad old days will only make things worse.

tweak the civil service. why throw the baby out with the bath water?

This is one area I guess I need to read up on. Because I can't see how this nation could be in debt that deep. Now, some out there might poo poo me, and that is why I stated that I need to research this.

And 90% of them would be overruns and outright fraud perpetrated on the American people by PRIVATE COMPANIES like Halliburton.

Of course, few libertopicans are willing to acknowledge that even though the evidence, indictments and convictions are well publicized.

You must have missed the part where defense spending pales in comparison to social spending. When did Halliburton start redistributing income like the DHHS?

Forum List

Back