U.S. military urged to follow Canada's transgender policy

"At a conference on Monday in Washington, D.C., Canada was held up as a model for the U.S. to follow, along with other countries that allow transgender members including Australia, the United Kingdom, Sweden and New Zealand.

Canadian Lt.-Cmdr. Nicole Lassaline spoke on a panel about Canada's policies, medical and otherwise, and best practices, and Cpl. Natalie Murray shared her personal experience as a transsexual woman who transitioned from male to female while in the air force."

U.S. military urged to follow Canada s transgender policy - World - CBC News

This is so wrong on so many levels. It effects morale, it forces each member of the military and their families accept something they may not agree with, this weakens the military by changing the focus of its mission by making it part of a social experiment.

As the OP reveals, given how retarded and immature Americans are compared to those other countries, I don't think adopting their policies for ourselves makes any sense. We're not ready.
If I am in a "fox hole" with someone I do not them thinking about why they have a penis rather than a vagina or vice versa. I want someone who has my back (not in the biblical sense of course) and their minds on the job at hand. This issue has nothing to do with maturity more like effective soldiering.
Sexual orientation has no impact on soldiers ability to do their job. Alexander The Great, Julius Caesar, and Richard The Lionhearted are among greatest military leaders of all time and they were gay.

It's not a person's sexual orientation that effects their ability to do their job, but rather how well a person has adjusted and accepted that orientation. The person you need to be concerned is the person who hasn't come to terms with their sexuality.

"At a conference on Monday in Washington, D.C., Canada was held up as a model for the U.S. to follow, along with other countries that allow transgender members including Australia, the United Kingdom, Sweden and New Zealand.

Canadian Lt.-Cmdr. Nicole Lassaline spoke on a panel about Canada's policies, medical and otherwise, and best practices, and Cpl. Natalie Murray shared her personal experience as a transsexual woman who transitioned from male to female while in the air force."

This is so wrong on so many levels. It effects morale, it forces each member of the military and their families accept something they may not agree with, this weakens the military by changing the focus of its mission by making it part of a social experiment.

As the OP reveals, given how retarded and immature Americans are compared to those other countries, I don't think adopting their policies for ourselves makes any sense. We're not ready.
If I am in a "fox hole" with someone I do not them thinking about why they have a penis rather than a vagina or vice versa. I want someone who has my back (not in the biblical sense of course) and their minds on the job at hand. This issue has nothing to do with maturity more like effective soldiering.
Sexual orientation has no impact on soldiers ability to do their job. Alexander The Great, Julius Caesar, and Richard The Lionhearted are among greatest military leaders of all time and they were gay.

It's not a person's sexual orientation that effects their ability to do their job, but rather how well a person has adjusted and accepted that orientation. The person you need to be concerned is the person who hasn't come to terms with their sexuality.
I do not care if the person is "pitching", "catching "or checking their navel for lint. If they cannot keep their minds on their job then I do not want to work with them. Wishing for a pookie instead of a pee pee is grounds enough for me not to want to have them next to me when I need someone in a fire fight or just on patrol. I also do not want to adopt some foreign military's standard and practices just for the sake of accommodating some nut job who wants to dress like the opposite sex or pull the old switcheroo on thier private parts.

Last edited:

I do not care if the person is "pitching", "catching "or checking their navel for lint. If they cannot keep their minds on their job then I do not want to work with them. Wishing for a pookie instead of a pee pee is grounds enough for me not to want to have them next to me when I need someone in a fire fight or just on patrol. I also do not want to adopt some foreign military's standard and practices just for the sake of accommodating some nut job who wants to dress like the opposite sex or pull the old switcheroo on thier private parts.
People that are transgender, homosexual, or bisexuals, have no stronger sex drive than heterosexuals. There is a huge misconception that people that aren't heterosexual are total consumed with sex. Nothing could be further from the truth. There have been several studies that show heterosexuals are more sexual activity, place more importance on sexual acts, and spend more time fantasizing about sex. Of the different sexual orientations, transgender people are the most likely to be asexual.

And odds are that the mixed up dudes waging a gender war have their focus on that rather than on the actual war. The military requires warrior/soldiers, not social justice warriors.

People that are transgender, homosexual, or bisexuals, have no stronger sex drive than heterosexuals. There is a huge misconception that people that aren't heterosexual are total consumed with sex. Nothing could be further from the truth. There have been several studies that show heterosexuals are more sexual activity, place more importance on sexual acts, and spend more time fantasizing about sex. Of the different sexual orientations, transgender people are the most likely to be asexual.
Your statement is a total contrivance and is not a rebuttal to my position. When you wish to resume the discussion, on point, I will be happy to participate further.:)

And odds are that the mixed up dudes waging a gender war have their focus on that rather than on the actual war. The military requires warrior/soldiers, not social justice warriors.

I agree with that. I think it is a terrible idea to allow transgender people into the military. I just don't think they are inherently psychologically unstable people. I've read that transgender people have a MUCH higher rate of suicide too.

Your statement is a total contrivance and is not a rebuttal to my position. When you wish to resume the discussion, on point, I will be happy to participate further.:)
You have not present any argument, just opinions with nothing to back them up. Thus, there can no rebuttal. Try again.

Let Me provide some insight. The LARGEST employer of transgender persons IS THE US Military. We serve in silence. There are around 12k of us serving. We serve and fight along side our brothers and sisters. We are only seeking to be able to seek care for ourselves. The basis of which we are banned from openly serving is decades old. I have shed my blood with my brothers while having a pink pair of pantys cover my pen is. We call each other by ranks with no regards to orientation of sex or gender. Should we come out openly, we get dishonorably discharged and denied medical benifits. We are all around, We love Our Country and Our brothers and sister in arms. We said, just like any other service member YES I WILL DEFEND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

So it's not true that Julius Caesar had a baby with Cleopatra. That certainly clears that up. Did Richard the Lionhearted dress up as the Queen too?

Assuming for the moment that you are correct. Men of years gone by may have been gay, but it was not the all consuming gay that we have today. Everything and everyone must accommodate the gay. Everyone within their jurisdiction, which gets bigger and bigger every day has to adjust themselves to keep from hurting the increasing sensibilities of the gay. It's a far cry from the days when a military man would just run someone through with their sword if they became harassing, as gays become harassing.

Let Me provide some insight. The LARGEST employer of transgender persons IS THE US Military. We serve in silence. There are around 12k of us serving. We serve and fight along side our brothers and sisters. We are only seeking to be able to seek care for ourselves. The basis of which we are banned from openly serving is decades old. I have shed my blood with my brothers while having a pink pair of pantys cover my pen is. We call each other by ranks with no regards to orientation of sex or gender. Should we come out openly, we get dishonorably discharged and denied medical benifits. We are all around, We love Our Country and Our brothers and sister in arms. We said, just like any other service member YES I WILL DEFEND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

What I find fascinating is that a lot of the LGBT crowd will claim that "gender" is a social construct. If that is the case and that is what you believe, why do you feel the need to wear pink panties or women's clothing, or to have breasts and a vagina.

Also, I'm sorry, but until you have a goddam period every month, have to worry about pregnancy and having babies, and have to suffer like a REAL woman, you are not a woman to me.

So it's not true that Julius Caesar had a baby with Cleopatra. That certainly clears that up. Did Richard the Lionhearted dress up as the Queen too?

Assuming for the moment that you are correct. Men of years gone by may have been gay, but it was not the all consuming gay that we have today. Everything and everyone must accommodate the gay. Everyone within their jurisdiction, which gets bigger and bigger every day has to adjust themselves to keep from hurting the increasing sensibilities of the gay. It's a far cry from the days when a military man would just run someone through with their sword if they became harassing, as gays become harassing.

It is the accommodating that is the distraction not the fact that in their private lives these men may have been gay or dressed like women.

What I find fascinating is that a lot of the LGBT crowd will claim that "gender" is a social construct. If that is the case and that is what you believe, why do you feel the need to wear pink panties or women's clothing, or to have breasts and a vagina.

Also, I'm sorry, but until you have a goddam period every month, have to worry about pregnancy and having babies, and have to suffer like a REAL woman, you are not a woman to me.
Gender is a social construct; sex is not. Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to masculinity and femininity. Those concepts differ widely with different cultures and time periods. Sex is a biological construct, which although medically alterable is the same the world over..

The subject of sexual and gender identification is complex and the terminology is important. You might want to do a bit reading before commenting. Cross-dressers don’t associate within the LGBT community and don’t see themselves as anything but straight/heterosexual. Transgenders dabble in the roles of both sexes but often have no desire to change sex. Transsexual is medical term for those that have changed sex. Many transsexuals are part of the LGBT community but many live withing their targeted sex.

I

Gender is a social construct; sex is not. Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to masculinity and femininity. Those concepts differ widely with different cultures and time periods. Sex is a biological construct, which although medically alterable is the same the world over..

The subject of sexual and gender identification is complex and the terminology is important. You might want to do a bit reading before commenting. Cross-dressers don’t associate within the LGBT community and don’t see themselves as anything but straight/heterosexual. Transgenders dabble in the roles of both sexes but often have no desire to change sex. Transsexual is medical term for those that have changed sex. Many transsexuals are part of the LGBT community but many live withing their targeted sex.

I

Well, if they are "straight" then why do they want to dress like women? What would possess a man to want to wear pink women's panties. For one thing, I would think they would be extremely uncomfortable for man, considering they aren't made to hold a "package" if you know what I mean. I don't see where any of it is practical or makes any sense whatsoever.

I

Well, if they are "straight" then why do they want to dress like women? What would possess a man to want to wear pink women's panties. For one thing, I would think they would be extremely uncomfortable for man, considering they aren't made to hold a "package" if you know what I mean. I don't see where any of it is practical or makes any sense whatsoever.
I don't think there is a lot of research on cross dressers but there is at least one study that shows 10% to 15% of cross dressers are gay. Most are heterosexual and a small percentage are bisexual.

Why would a man want to dress in a women clothes? Why would a woman want to dress in a man's clothes? Some identify with the opposite sex but often it's a matter of simply wanting to emulate some characteristics of the opposite sex that they deeply admire. For example, a women may desire the emotional toughness, self-reliance, and courage that we identify with masculinity and thus seek to emulate those traits by dressing as a male. Likewise a man may desire the empathy, vulnerability, and sensitivity that we identify with femininity and thus dress in women's cloths.

As I said gender identification is not straightforward. Most gays do not routinely cross dress but may at times. Transsexuals usually seek partners of the opposite to their targeted sex but may also seek sex with their own sex.

People are not completely masculine nor feminine because those characteristics are assigned by society. If a man is very effeminate, then we are likely to assume he's gay just if a female has masculine characteristics we assume she is lesbian. The problem with this thinking is often wrong.

I

I don't think there is a lot of research on cross dressers but there is at least one study that shows 10% to 15% of cross dressers are gay. Most are heterosexual and a small percentage are bisexual.

Why would a man want to dress in a women clothes? Why would a woman want to dress in a man's clothes? Some identify with the opposite sex but often it's a matter of simply wanting to emulate some characteristics of the opposite sex that they deeply admire. For example, a women may desire the emotional toughness, self-reliance, and courage that we identify with masculinity and thus seek to emulate those traits by dressing as a male. Likewise a man may desire the empathy, vulnerability, and sensitivity that we identify with femininity and thus dress in women's cloths.

As I said gender identification is not straightforward. Most gays do not routinely cross dress but may at times. Transsexuals usually seek partners of the opposite to their targeted sex but may also seek sex with their own sex.

People are not completely masculine nor feminine because those characteristics are assigned by society. If a man is very effeminate, then we are likely to assume he's gay just if a female has masculine characteristics we assume she is lesbian. The problem with this thinking is often wrong.

Well, I really can't understand what a person gets out of this "activity." :dunno: I never really understood all of this talk about "masculine side" and "feminine side."

This is what's wrong, not murdering people because a government says so? Mmkay.

I

Well, I really can't understand what a person gets out of this "activity." :dunno: I never really understood all of this talk about "masculine side" and "feminine side."
It's really not that hard to understand. We all know men who seem to possess all the commonly accepted masculine characteristics, physical strength, courage, defender of the weak, slow to show emotions, etc. We also know men that are very effeminate exhibiting many feminine characteristics, gentleness, empathy, sensitivity, etc.. No man is completely masculine and no woman is completely feminine. A gay man may have masculine characteristics and a lesbian may be very effeminate. Many gay men would never wear women's clothes and many heterosexual men and women enjoy wearing closes of the opposite sex.

In other words, appearance and sexual stereotypes are often deceiving.

I

It's really not that hard to understand. We all know men who seem to possess all the commonly accepted masculine characteristics, physical strength, courage, defender of the weak, slow to show emotions, etc. We also know men that are very effeminate exhibiting many feminine characteristics, gentleness, empathy, sensitivity, etc.. No man is completely masculine and no woman is completely feminine. A gay man may have masculine characteristics and a lesbian may be very effeminate. Many gay men would never wear women's clothes and many heterosexual men and women enjoy wearing closes of the opposite sex.

That just doesn't make any sense. You are just describing people and their personalities. Of course no person always exhibits feminine/masculine personality features. This has nothing to do with dressing as the opposite gender though. Cross dressing, etc., is definitely something MORE than what you are attributing it to.

This is what's wrong, not murdering people because a government says so? Mmkay.

You make no sense

I

Let me tell you something, I don't ever have an urge or a desire to look like a man, never. I like being a woman and am perfectly happy in my skin, no matter what kind of "mood" I'm in on a particular day or at a given moment.

Do you ever get the desire or urge to dress in women's panties and a bra? Maybe some high heels, tights and a skirt? :D

Forum List

Back