U.S. military urged to follow Canada's transgender policy

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
"At a conference on Monday in Washington, D.C., Canada was held up as a model for the U.S. to follow, along with other countries that allow transgender members including Australia, the United Kingdom, Sweden and New Zealand.

Canadian Lt.-Cmdr. Nicole Lassaline spoke on a panel about Canada's policies, medical and otherwise, and best practices, and Cpl. Natalie Murray shared her personal experience as a transsexual woman who transitioned from male to female while in the air force."

U.S. military urged to follow Canada s transgender policy - World - CBC News

This is so wrong on so many levels. It effects morale, it forces each member of the military and their families accept something they may not agree with, this weakens the military by changing the focus of its mission by making it part of a social experiment.

"At a conference on Monday in Washington, D.C., Canada was held up as a model for the U.S. to follow, along with other countries that allow transgender members including Australia, the United Kingdom, Sweden and New Zealand.

Canadian Lt.-Cmdr. Nicole Lassaline spoke on a panel about Canada's policies, medical and otherwise, and best practices, and Cpl. Natalie Murray shared her personal experience as a transsexual woman who transitioned from male to female while in the air force."

This is so wrong on so many levels. It effects morale, it forces each member of the military and their families accept something they may not agree with, this weakens the military by changing the focus of its mission by making it part of a social experiment.
And how does this differ from the current US policy for homosexuals in the military?

How the fk would it work? Nature has determined that most women who pretend to be men cannot pass even the basic physical training that would wash out the weakest male. How would it work for men who pretend to be women?

I believe that most transgender people suffer from a mental illness of some kind. Not saying that they are all crazy insane, but they are known to suffer from mental illnesses, such as depression, etc. NOT a good idea IMO. People who are already psychologically damaged and scarred? Bad, BAD idea.

What a screwed up nightmare this country is becoming. These people need to be placed in a mental institution!

I don't think I'd go that far unless they were displaying signs of psychosis. However, I believe they should be in therapy. I don't think that the surgery alone would cure them of their dysphoria. IMO, it is a deep-seated psychological issue, but that doesn't make them "dangerous" in general.

• Banned

And how does this differ from the current US policy for homosexuals in the military?
It is an unnecessary distraction and detracts from the stated mission of the military.

• Banned
What a screwed up nightmare this country is becoming. These people need to be placed in a mental institution!

I don't think I'd go that far unless they were displaying signs of psychosis. However, I believe they should be in therapy. I don't think that the surgery alone would cure them of their dysphoria. IMO, it is a deep-seated psychological issue, but that doesn't make them "dangerous" in general.

A Pandora's box of mental problems. Makes things difficult to carry out one's duties and interferes with other ability to carry out their duties.

"This diagnosis was formerly known as Gender Identity Disorder. Because this diagnosis was a controversial one, not unlike the controversy that arose in the 1970s regarding the DSM’s inclusion of homosexuality as a diagnosable mental disorder, the criteria and name of Gender Identity Disorder (GID) has been changed in the DSM-5 to Gender Dysphoria.

In order for someone to be diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria today, they must exhibit a strong and persistent cross-gender identification (not merely a desire for any perceived cultural advantages of being the other sex). In children, the disturbance is manifested by six (or more) of the following for at least a 6-month duration:

• repeatedly stated desire to be, or insistence that he or she is, the other sex
  • in boys, preference for cross-dressing or simulating female attire; in girls, insistence on wearing only stereotypical masculine clothing
  • strong and persistent preferences for cross-sex roles in make-believe play or persistent fantasies of being the other sex
  • a strong rejection of typical toys/games typically played by one’s sex.
  • intense desire to participate in the stereotypical games and pastimes of the other sex
  • strong preference for playmates of the other sex
  • a strong dislike of one’s sexual anatomy
  • a strong desire for the primary (e.g., penis, vagina) or secondary (e.g., menstruation) sex characteristics of the other gender"
Gender Dysphoria Symptoms Psych Central

A Pandora's box of mental problems. Makes things difficult to carry out one's duties and interferes with other ability to carry out their duties.

"This diagnosis was formerly known as Gender Identity Disorder. Because this diagnosis was a controversial one, not unlike the controversy that arose in the 1970s regarding the DSM’s inclusion of homosexuality as a diagnosable mental disorder, the criteria and name of Gender Identity Disorder (GID) has been changed in the DSM-5 to Gender Dysphoria.

In order for someone to be diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria today, they must exhibit a strong and persistent cross-gender identification (not merely a desire for any perceived cultural advantages of being the other sex). In children, the disturbance is manifested by six (or more) of the following for at least a 6-month duration:

• repeatedly stated desire to be, or insistence that he or she is, the other sex
  • in boys, preference for cross-dressing or simulating female attire; in girls, insistence on wearing only stereotypical masculine clothing
  • strong and persistent preferences for cross-sex roles in make-believe play or persistent fantasies of being the other sex
  • a strong rejection of typical toys/games typically played by one’s sex.
  • intense desire to participate in the stereotypical games and pastimes of the other sex
  • strong preference for playmates of the other sex
  • a strong dislike of one’s sexual anatomy
  • a strong desire for the primary (e.g., penis, vagina) or secondary (e.g., menstruation) sex characteristics of the other gender"
Gender Dysphoria Symptoms Psych Central

I've always had a very difficult time grasping the whole idea of "transgender" people. It just doesn't make sense to me, and then they say things like "gender is a societal construct" and other silly things, yet they want to dress like the opposite sex? Even though they seem to get angry when I say this, I have to believe it is a delusion. It is the only thing that makes sense to me.

How the fk would it work? Nature has determined that most women who pretend to be men cannot pass even the basic physical training that would wash out the weakest male. How would it work for men who pretend to be women?

article-0-0E9322C200000578-907_306x399.jpg

article-0-0E9322F900000578-299_306x399.jpg

Chris Tina Foxx Bruce Bodybuilding father makes comeback as a transgender woman Daily Mail Online

It is an unnecessary distraction and detracts from the stated mission of the military.

The mission of the military is to increase diversity within its forces.

So many confused people here.

First, they'll declare gender doesn't matter, only meeting the physical standards matters.

Then here, they spin about and tell us the standards don't matter, it's the gender that matters.

They even changed the color of ammunition because PC is the way to go.

large-10288671.jpg

large-10288671.jpg

Oh come on . . . seriously? Or is that a joke? :D

large-10288671.jpg

:laugh2: Of course it is........ummm now I don't know. The military is in the accommodating business these days.

As the OP reveals, given how retarded and immature Americans are compared to those other countries, I don't think adopting their policies for ourselves makes any sense. We're not ready.

large-10288671.jpg

:laugh2: Of course it is........ummm now I don't know. The military is in the accommodating business these days.

Well, things are getting so wacky that it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. :lol:

As the OP reveals, given how retarded and immature Americans are compared to those other countries, I don't think adopting their policies for ourselves makes any sense. We're not ready.
If I am in a "fox hole" with someone I do not them thinking about why they have a penis rather than a vagina or vice versa. I want someone who has my back (not in the biblical sense of course) and their minds on the job at hand. This issue has nothing to do with maturity more like effective soldiering.

Forum List

Back