U.S. Marines Urinating On Taliban Video Brings Criminal Charges

I think they should get dishonorable discharges. There's no reason in the world for people that represent us to act like they acted or get away with violating the code of conduct of the Marines.

At the same time, unless they really did something criminal they shouldn't be charged under criminal law, and from the articles, I don't see how they can be.

My sentiments exactly.

I don't think criminal charges or jail time should be handed out ,but a dishonorable discharge will be punishment enough.

How many times must it be explained to you... without criminal charges and VERY serious ones, they simply can NOT BE DISHONORABLE DISCHARGED. They have to be convicted IN a General Court Martial. And the charges do not rise to that level. ALL they supposedly have them on is dereliction of duty. With no loss of life.

The article clearly states they are facing criminal charges, although it doesn't say what those charges are.

I think they should get dishonorable discharges. There's no reason in the world for people that represent us to act like they acted or get away with violating the code of conduct of the Marines.

At the same time, unless they really did something criminal they shouldn't be charged under criminal law, and from the articles, I don't see how they can be.

My sentiments exactly.

I don't think criminal charges or jail time should be handed out ,but a dishonorable discharge will be punishment enough.

How many times must it be explained to you... without criminal charges and VERY serious ones, they simply can NOT BE DISHONORABLE DISCHARGED. They have to be convicted IN a General Court Martial. And the charges do not rise to that level. ALL they supposedly have them on is dereliction of duty. With no loss of life.
Much to my surprise, you are correct.

A bad conduct discharge then is what they deserve.

My sentiments exactly.

Much to my surprise, you are correct.

A bad conduct discharge then is what they deserve.

You can survive that, a friend of mine got one and he got a pretty good gig making $50K a year in LA.

My sentiments exactly.

Further a good defense lawyer is going to destroy the dereliction charges by simply asking how many other Marine NCO's and Officers have failed to report the things they were charged with and were not punished at all.

My sentiments exactly.

So what if the video was of a solder fighting hand to hand ,showing him thrusting his knife into a Taliban's neck,you going to compaian about that??

The only thing wrong ,they should have never taped it.

Fighting with the enemy, and taking joy in pissing on their dead bodies, are not the same, but I'm sure you know that.

Well I bet it is if you just survived the fire fight,I would take great joy over being able to do just that.

What do you think war is?

Our CO would have personally taken a hand in punishment and rightly so. Does anyone ever think of why the military has some rules about mutiliating the bodies of the enemy dead? I remember how macho it was for some, new to combat, to cut off some fingers of the enemy and wear them about their neck, sort of like souvenirs, but soon most of us learned to not even carry anything that was captured from the enemy.

Apparently the fat asses in the Pentagon decided it's OK to engage in sodomy in the barracks but it's a court-martial offence to piss on the enemy. What a bunch.

Forum List

Back