U.S. lost track of terrorists after Snowden

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
All those that celebrated Snowden telling you that the US was eves dropping on you (even though anyone else with a brain already knew this) should realize what harm he has done to the country.

Ex-counterterror chief U.S. lost track of terrorists - CNN.com

"We've lost collection against some individuals, people that we were concerned about we are no longer collecting their communications," Matt Olsen, who until July led the National Counterterrorism Center, told CNN's Jim Sciutto. "We lost insight into what they were doing."

So they don't have enough against them to get a warrant. When they do, I am sure they can get one then. If they are usjng courier, we need to have boots on the ground. Do I approve of how Snowden did what he did? Not really, as I do believe it has hurt us, but if they had been getting warrants, and not recording every tom, dick, and harry, then this would not have happened.

Last edited:
I thought the NSA "HEARD EVERYTHING" that is transmitted around the world!

Yet they don't know what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, oddly enough.

We both know full well that they do, Viggy my man.

Sometimes a guy just has to keep his ace in the hole — particularly if it helps to avert World War Three, if only for a little while. :thup:

hipeter924 said:
They might 'hear everything', and even have it on a database they can search. But given the shear volume of information, it is doubtful they can keep track of every possible terrorist, as there simply isn't the manpower.

Why is it that terrorists never seem to have good hygiene, nice haircuts?

Is it because the folks who cut their hair use dull sheers? :badgrin:

They might 'hear everything', and even have it on a database they can search. But given the shear volume of information, it is doubtful they can keep track of every possible terrorist, as there simply isn't the manpower.
All they have to do is create an algorithm that listens/looks for key words or patterns in the data. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure that was accomplished about 20-30 years ago.

Forum List

Back