U.S. judges cannot expunge convictions despite job threats -court

On the bright side, if a convicted felon's record is expunged, at least they would be able to pass a background check for a firearm.

There is absolutely no way for a judge to determine if a person was successfully rehabilitated. And because business owners are liable for just about everything these days, I'd want to know all I could about a person that I am considering bringing into my workplace.
If he is a rapist, and I'm not given that information, and he rapes one of my other employees, guess who gets sued. The Judge?

The truth:
Within three years of release, about two-thirds (67.8 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested. Within five years of release, about three-quarters (76.6 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested. Of those prisoners who were rearrested, more than half (56.7 percent) were arrested by the end of the first year.

There is a difference between Federal courts and state courts.
Inside the Federal Courts

Rape cases are by and large heard at the state level. You will never ever find sexual offenders getting their records expunged. Unless some of the really stupid crap is taken to task.
I work with a sex offender.

He was 20, he had too much Corona, and he took a whiz in some shrubbery.

Forum List

Back