U.S. in recession since December of 07

SORRY, I didn't get to finish. My boss called me in her office for a quicky.

Let me finish.

What you are saying is dead wrong. Your political phylosophies have bankrupted the country.

And since you still to this day defend Bush/The GOP or even try to pretend there is a difference between NEO conservatives and Conservatives is laughable.

And I know there is a difference. I/WE were telling you for 8 years that Bush was no conservative, and you still defended him.

So a bit too late there sister. You can't distance yourself from Bush in January and expect in November that we'll be buying it. You expect/hope that we will forget what you all did the previous 7 years.

And to suggest that the Dems from Jan 20 2007 to Jan 20, 08 were at fault for this global economic wreck, is also laughable. I say January 08 because that's when the economy really started tanking.

And even then you guys were arguing. One of your "conservatives" said then that we were not in a recession, or it was all in our heads. Mitt Romney was one of those guys.

I'll even repeat your number one come back. "It's the Iraq war".

And I/We said, "even without the IRaq war, Bush is growing the government and spending out of control." But you didn't care. Now you want to say Bush was the exception? You must take us for morons.

So who are the fiscal conservatives in your party?

You're obviously under the influence of some kind of mind-altering drug. I never defended Bush and I never voted for him. You're certainly not responding to me. So who are you responding to?

If you still think you're responding to me (and I don't know how you could think that), you are stuck on stupid.

Bush is a fiscal liberal. Get it straight. The only fiscal conservative is one that won't get elected because it takes $$$ to become President, Senator, or Congressman. If you can spend so much money to get elected, you won't have problems spending taxpayers money. If you support a Democrat or Republican, you aren't the solution, you are the problem. It shows that 99% of Americans who voted this past November 2008 only contribute to the problem, not the solution. If you want to fix government, take the special interest out of it. Otherwise, if it's broken, elections won't fix it.

Last edited:
Bush is a fiscal liberal. Get it straight. The only fiscal conservative is one that won't get elected because it takes $$$ to become President, Senator, or Congressman. If you can spend so much money to get elected, you won't have problems spending taxpayers money. If you support a Democrat or Republican, you aren't the solution, you are the problem.

:clap2: Thank you.

There are too many people in this country who are stuck on stupid.

Bush is an idiot that was completely supported by the Republican Party. Now the American People have demonstrated their opinion of the last eight years in the ballot boxes. That is the simple explanation of things.

Bush is an idiot that was completely supported by the Republican Party. Now the American People have demonstrated their opinion of the last eight years in the ballot boxes. That is the simple explanation of things.

that clears everything up, thanks. :cuckoo:

that clears everything up, thanks. :cuckoo:

Of course it does:razz: Everyone seems to be argueing as to who will take the blame for the last eight years of dismal failure in all fields, foreign and domestic. No need to argue, the voters have demonstrated their opinion quite clearly.:lol:

Of course it does:razz: Everyone seems to be argueing as to who will take the blame for the last eight years of dismal failure in all fields, foreign and domestic. No need to argue, the voters have demonstrated their opinion quite clearly.:lol:

:cool: First post I know of blaming the Bush administration for your lack of intellect. :clap2:

This kind of makes it hard to blame the Democrats, or call it "the Obama recession"

Not really. The one makes it easy, with his daily news briefings with no response for the 'current' administration. Face it, Obama is now in charge, though through the before unknown office of President Elect.

Well tax cuts are never a bad thing, but you've got to cut government spending as well.

Bush never promised to cut spending; in fact he explicitly promised to do the opposite. That's exactly what Bush voters elected to vote for in 2000: huge tax cuts, and more spending. Remember Bush said we could have it ALL - tax cuts, medicare pill bill, more pentagon spending, and NCLB, while Al Gore was screaming that is was fuzzy math and didn't add up?

So, bush voters knew exactly what they were voting for. Bush promised more spending, and tax cuts for the rich.

Some of us said 8 years ago that that fuzzy math was bullshit. Too bad 50 million bush voters laughed us off.

Bush never promised to cut spending; in fact he explicitly promised to do the opposite. That's exactly what Bush voters elected to vote for in 2000: huge tax cuts, and more spending. Remember Bush said we could have it ALL - tax cuts, medicare pill bill, more pentagon spending, and NCLB, while Al Gore was screaming that is was fuzzy math and didn't add up?

So, bush voters knew exactly what they were voting for. Bush promised more spending, and tax cuts for the rich.

Some of us said 8 years ago that that fuzzy math was bullshit. Too bad 50 million bush voters laughed us off.

I'm aware that Bush did not cut any government spending, I was merely stating that tax cuts are a good thing and the real problem is out of control government spending. Our deficit is evidence enough of that.

It is virtualy impossible for any economist, private citizen, or even the GAO to get any sort of true reading as to what the GDP actually is.

Only part of this is because of the gargantuan task involved in bringing so much information together. We are in the middle of an economic war. I believe much of the data is deliberately clouded for national security reasons.

We also seem to be always in the political season. I also believe that much of the data is shaded for strictly political purposes (i.e. it's the other parties fault/it didn't happen on my watch).

That a recession has been officially declared is to just stop denying the obvious. I believe the date given (Dec. 07) is arbitrary. My own personnal opinion is that it started in 05 or 06. I wonder how long it will take the new administration to aknowledge that we've actually slipped into depression.

I'm aware that Bush did not cut any government spending, I was merely stating that tax cuts are a good thing and the real problem is out of control government spending. Our deficit is evidence enough of that.

Liberals want to cut defense spending, cons want to cut social spending.

It seems only the libertarians want to cut both. I'm not sure how we can sustain our budget without cuts all around.

Liberals want to cut defense spending, cons want to cut social spending.

It seems only the libertarians want to cut both. I'm not sure how we can sustain our budget without cuts all around.

Agreed, we need cuts all around.

If ANY of you ever think economics is a science, or that any question regarding economics is NOT debatable, please note that even with the benefit of HINDSIGHT, economists STILL can't even agree when we went into this recession!

This is a pfect example of why I said that stupid so called "civics test" was obviously biased.

It pretended that one could easily answer question about macroeconomic outcomes involving a highly complex policy question, and actully HAVE a correct answer.

Economics is an art, folks. It's about where alchemy was 500 years ago in terms of usefulness.

If it was a science, every economist would have no choice but to arrive at the same answer to a question like: "when did the recession start?"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back