U.S. House passes "Protect Life Act"

It's amazing we can live in a society where Republicans are heartless because we are against funding the death of someone else's child.

Do you progressives really even understand what you are arguing?

she's female. as am i.

and thanks for the descriptions... totally and completely unnecessary and irrelevant to the unconstitutional trash proposed by the rightwingnut loons in the House.

now i wish all you pretend 'small government' types would keep government out of women's bodies and out of the bedroom.

for the record... i LOVED being pregnant. but it was MY choice... not some rightwingnut loon's.

Why can't we have an honest discussion about this? I think this is what makes me crazy about this.

Why not a morning after pill? The whoopsies moment. Hey I'm slagging my side on the all or nothing.

For crying out loud I'd be pedal to the metal to give anyone a morning after pill compared to going to Tiller the Killer.

This hurts and it has nothing absolutely nothing to do with smaller government. This has to do with life.

Tiller the Killer? You mean that Christian man who saved so many women's lives and was murdered in his church? Is that the Tiller the Killer you mean?

Yeah the man who had a million dollar business. I know Tiller very well. Want to dance on this?

He was perverse. Bus tours. Selling you footprints of your baby before he cremated your baby. Tiller had bus tours of women so they could get a grip on their abortions.

Better yet, Tiller not only aborted your baby, he gave you a funeral if you wanted to pay for it.

Better yet, he had this creatorium and you could take home ashes of your aborted child.

Would you like me to continue, because I really know this bastard inside and out.

He had a whole what do you want to do for your aborted child blue or pink?

Nice guy.

I know Tiller very well.

Oh, and for those of you who are so afraid of Catholic hospitals killing pregnant women, here is a description of their policy: There are instances in which it is legitimate for an expectant mother to undergo certain medical or surgical procedures that will save her life, even if these procedures inevitably involve the death of her unborn child. In these cases it is not a question of intentionally aborting the child. They involve, rather, accepting the loss of the child as an unavoidable consequence of caring for the mother´s health.

Roe v. Wade is the law of the land. However, since the anti-choicers don't have the political muscle to overturn it, they zealously try to undermine it through the back door. Righties only respect laws they agree with - all others don't apply to them.

First: LOL the righties try to undermine abortion law through the......Back Door! *ba da bum bum tiss*

Second: Rule of law means shit to these republicans, they dont like a law, fuck rule of law.

I thought they were going to create jobs anyway, oh right, silly me...they're just liars who say what they need to at the moment. Right Mitt?

Why can't we have an honest discussion about this? I think this is what makes me crazy about this.

there is no "honest discussion" with someone who, instead of talking about the vile and disgusting nature of a bill that would allow a woman to die rather than provide a life-saving abortion, starts ranting and raving about "partial birth abortion" which is almost non-existent as a problem.

there is no such thing as "partial birth abortion" that is a term made up by anti-choicers who would allow a woman to die rather than help her and terminate a pregnancy.

it's D&X... dilation and extraction.

and, frankly, i'm not interested in having someone else make my moral choices for me... particularly when i've never found anyone who makes them better for me than i do.
I luv you Jillian but your wrong

CRIMINAL OFFENSES
(720 ILCS 513/) Partial-birth Abortion Ban Act.

720 ILCS 513/  Partial-birth Abortion Ban Act.

there is no "honest discussion" with someone who, instead of talking about the vile and disgusting nature of a bill that would allow a woman to die rather than provide a life-saving abortion, starts ranting and raving about "partial birth abortion" which is almost non-existent as a problem.

there is no such thing as "partial birth abortion" that is a term made up by anti-choicers who would allow a woman to die rather than help her and terminate a pregnancy.

and, frankly, i'm not interested in having someone else make my moral choices for me... particularly when i've never found anyone who makes them better for me than i do.
Jillian, you are borderline lying about the bill's contents.

Read the bill; don't defer your thinking to the HuffPo.

You're looking foolish at this point.

Jillian, you are borderline lying about the bill's contents.

Read the bill; don't defer your thinking to the HuffPo.

You're looking foolish at this point.

She's not lying just misinformed

Man, the hysterics over lies from the HuffPo and the absolute unwillingness of folks to get facts in this thread is amazing.

It's like folks prefer their ignorance so that they can have a faux outrage.

All it does is make them look like the fools they obviously prefer to look like.

The facts are there for those willing to fight their ignorance.

Roe v. Wade is the law of the land. However, since the anti-choicers don't have the political muscle to overturn it, they zealously try to undermine it through the back door. Righties only respect laws they agree with - all others don't apply to them.

First: LOL the righties try to undermine abortion law through the......Back Door! *ba da bum bum tiss*

Second: Rule of law means shit to these republicans, they dont like a law, fuck rule of law.

I thought they were going to create jobs anyway, oh right, silly me...they're just liars who say what they need to at the moment. Right Mitt?

Dumb-ass....going back-door is avoiding the legislative process.

And Obama isn't gonna sign any jobs bill unless it's his peace of shit bill.

So if I knew how to post a poll, I would ask if your daughter, wife, sister needed an abortion to save her life, would you still support this bill?

I don't believe in making useless political statements.

I think it's a waste of time. The problem I have is with the libs talking smack about it when they know damn well Democrats do it all the time.

Btw, if anyone needed an abortion to save their lives we could always ask for donations, but funding it with tax money is just plain wrong. Some people are deeply offended because they don't want to be a party to blood-money.

awwwwww... poor baby. you do know that the number is miniscule, right? and used to save women's lives... or not to force a woman to go through a dangerous delivery when it is clear the baby won't survive.

it's between a woman and her doctor.

i'm pretty sure that darryl issa's judgment doesn't trump a doctor's.

i love when "small government" people think government should interfere in the most personal of decisions.

Bull crap Jill.

You can always have a C-section.

A Partial-birth pulls the baby most of the way out and drills a hole in the skull sucking their brains out. Looks to me like the mother is able to give birth to the baby that way.

Do they not know what they are doing? Or do they just not care? And that's cold. Oh boy that's cold.

I think in most cases once it's done many mothers wished they had not done it....but by that time it's too late.

I agree. No public money for abortions.

In all cases?
For all elective abortions, yup.

And who is the third party that determines what is an "elective" abortion? A board or commission of political appointees? A hospital's board or CEO?

Seems to me the House of Representatives has nothing to offer but wedge issues, wedge issues focused directly on their base. We'll see if the social conservatives are dumb enough to fall for this on-going and futile effort by the R's to repeal settled law.

Ever since I was in high school I always felt that killing your own child was murder regardless of the inconvenience having a child may pose to a "Liberated Woman".

Abortion is a matter of convenience. There are too many alternatives for it not to be.

The very same people that support murder of this kind also want to cut off our energy program because they think the unborn is being poisoned.....like they really gave a shit.

So if I knew how to post a poll, I would ask if your daughter, wife, sister needed an abortion to save her life, would you still support this bill?

This is a good question, wry. I'm against almost all abortions,
but in the case of saving the life of the mother, or a pregancy from
a rape, I'm not against abortion.

What I don't get is if you don't know by the 9th month you are a freaking retarded asshole/jerk/douchebag what else can I add in here and if it wasn't a viable baby at stake I'd say that bitch doesn't deserve that joy.

The problem with Tiller and I swear this is so perverse is that he loved doing late term abortions.

Sorry that's some sick.

Oh and completely mega dittos on rape although I have seen children who are part of rape from no fault of their own. And they are thrilled to be alive.

That's tough. That one is so hard.

In all cases?

And who is the third party that determines what is an "elective" abortion? A board or commission of political appointees? A hospital's board or CEO?

Seems to me the House of Representatives has nothing to offer but wedge issues, wedge issues focused directly on their base. We'll see if the social conservatives are dumb enough to fall for this on-going and futile effort by the R's to repeal settled law.

I suggest removing abortion from politics like you want to remove religion.

In all cases?

A physician.

I don't believe in making useless political statements.

I think it's a waste of time. The problem I have is with the libs talking smack about it when they know damn well Democrats do it all the time.

Btw, if anyone needed an abortion to save their lives we could always ask for donations, but funding it with tax money is just plain wrong. Some people are deeply offended because they don't want to be a party to blood-money.

And how would you chose between the life of your wife and child? How would you choose between the life of your sister and niece/nephew? How would you choose between your daughter or granddaughter?

I dont know why you want to kill your family members, but sorry, we don't.

Forum List

Back