U.S. Frees 500 from Abu Ghraib

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Iraq

BAGHDAD - Five hundred prisoners walked free from the U.S. military's Abu Ghraib jail in Iraq on Tuesday, released in a goodwill gesture to mark the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. The detainees were presented with a Koran and $25 on their release which marked Eid al-Fitr celebrations. Their release was in addition to 1,000 prisoners set free in October at the start of the month of fasting.

:lame2:

Sorry for locking you up in a torture chamber with no actual evidence. Here's a pack of baseball cards. What a great gesture of humanitarianism.

menewa said:
Sorry for locking you up in a torture chamber with no actual evidence. Here's a pack of baseball cards. What a great gesture of humanitarianism.

Which torute chamber would that be? And I don't see any mention as to whether or not they were guilty -- they were just let go. They'll probably be killed battles with our troops within a month.

menewa said:

There was no torture.

Have any proof there was no evidence against these dogs?

Things like shooting at our troops isn't proof silly :wank:

menewa said:
:gives:

Slitting throats, raping women and blowing themselves up to kill our troops sounds like a great gesture too.

OCA said:
There was no torture.

Have any proof there was no evidence against these dogs?

Um, I think there WAS torture, and it was GREAT!!! Laughed my ass off!! :teeth: Guess that's what they get for trying to piss down America's back.

menewa said:

Wrong on both counts. The torture the inmates endured was nothing more than an isolated incident involving some very sadistic people who had a funny way of celebrating a 21st birthday.

There was plenty of evidence against these people. Abu Ghraib is not a prisoner of war camp or an insurgent prison. It is a normal, run-of-the-mill prison. You know, the kind with convicted criminals in them. The inmates at Abu Ghraib were never found fighting Americans. They were found doing things like theft, murder, armed robbery, rape, and other things you normally get thrown in prison for.

TheEnemyWithin said:
Um, I think there WAS torture, and it was GREAT!!! Laughed my ass off!! :teeth: Guess that's what they get for trying to piss down America's back.

However, the "torture" was committed by individuals clearly acting in violation of the UCMJ and international laws of war.

I am STILL waiting for menewa to produce some objective, substantiated evidence that torture by the US is institutional rather than criminal acts committed by criminals.

menewa said:

women flirting with you

dogs barking at you

naked men in a pile

stern talking to

bags over you head

sounds like a frat party

would you rather we had them beg for their life then cut their head off?

manu1959 said:
women flirting with you

dogs barking at you

naked men in a pile

stern talking to

bags over you head

sounds like a frat party

would you rather we had them beg for their life then cut their head off?

That's a tough one ........ :death:

Forum List

Back