U.S. Foreign Policy Created the Taliban Problem

Afghanistan is NOT in the middle east.

Close enough.

And we are fighting in Afghanistan as a direct result of our failed Middle East policies.

I have an idea. You don't like our country? LEAVE. But just a little warning you dumb ass, If we fall to the Islamic Jihad no where you go will fair any better.

The days we could just ignore the World have been gone a LONG fucking time now. You would think 2 World Wars would wake you dumb as rocks fuckers up to that.

If we just let the thugs, dictators and terrorists over run everyone unable to stop them, who the FUCK do you think we will be trading with after that? You retards are aware , I would hope, that the US is not able to independently do much of anything on its own, we live off a world wide trading system. If we allow everywhere else to fall, we will be paying tribute to those dictators, thugs and terrorists and we will be paying the amounts they dictate. You think foreign aid is bad? Wait till you have to pay off people that actively hate your guts. And how long do you think those that want us to cease to exist will continue doing business with us at any price?

You people have the brains God gave a mite. Dumb as rocks.

Neither World War was a result of America being non-interventionist in the least. It could be argued that had we not gotten involved in WW1 then WW2 may never have happened.

First off America does not have an Empire, thousands of Mcdonalds does not an Empire make. Secondly although the fuckwits in the CIA may have groomed the Taliban/Muhjadeen and others to fight the Ruskies the historical point remains that the peoples of Afganisatn and its surrounding region have neve been successfully controlled or beaten by anyone.

Americans have ben led to believe that their military can achieve anything, well we all know thats not true don't we, and one does not have to use the historical examples to proved this. No its and age old thing, once you invade a country everyone hates you and wants you out of it. Like long enemies will band together just to get rid of you.

The other action/effect such actions have is that it creates a vaccum of power, into which is drawn forces beyound your control. No I know education statndards are falling in the US but one would think the penny should have dropped by now. I think it has with the people, well some off them but there is the rub. The people are not in control, don't have a say in whats going on and even worse they have donkey brained citizens who actually agree and support such Foreign Policies.

These people are easily recognised, their the ones with the heavy brows, eyes close together and their knucles catch on the ground as they amble along. So while the smart people know what to do unfortunately the monkies are in charge. You can always tell well a country is beaten, it starts shooting its own people, the mind controlled plebs burst forth, Gaysarge being one of them to denounce the true citizens of the nation.

As for the world wars not happening if the US had not got involved that just speaks volumes of one who has no understanding of how things work. All events are connected, the wise can see this the dumb just keep scratching their arses.

Jeez, seriously, how hateful of America do you have to be to say something like this:

What would have been the ideal way of handling bin Laden? The same way that the United States handled Ramzi Yousef, one of the terrorists who committed the 1993 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. Treating that attack as a criminal offense, U.S. officials simply waited Yousef out, relied on good police work, and finally were able to effect his arrest in Pakistan. He is now residing in a U.S. federal penitentiary. No bombs, no missiles, no destruction, no killing of Pakistani wedding parties, and no needless production of new enemies for the United States.

Common sense is a criminal offense. Crucify this so called "Jacob Hornberger"! More like Ayatollah Adolf bin Jughashvili-il!!

It is hateful of America for someone to say that gratuitous violence and killing of civilians is unnecessary? :eek: What, exactly, do you think America stands for that is being denigrated by this observation? Your logic concludes that your version of America is a nation without ethics or any sort of moral code.

And... overall, I agree with you, US can't just disengage and lay back... there's a lot of shit to be cleaned up...

I agree with much of what you said, except for the quote above. Time has shown us that rebuilding efforts have been greatly undermined by corporate theft. If the money for rebuilding was actually used for rebuilding, then yes, I would say that we need to stay. But right now, it just appears to be another way of getting rich off of American taxpayers. I can't remember where I heard this quote, but I find it to be very apt: "War is an excellent way to transfer public funds into private hands and transform private debt into public debt."

Jeez, seriously, how hateful of America do you have to be to say something like this:

What would have been the ideal way of handling bin Laden? The same way that the United States handled Ramzi Yousef, one of the terrorists who committed the 1993 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. Treating that attack as a criminal offense, U.S. officials simply waited Yousef out, relied on good police work, and finally were able to effect his arrest in Pakistan. He is now residing in a U.S. federal penitentiary. No bombs, no missiles, no destruction, no killing of Pakistani wedding parties, and no needless production of new enemies for the United States.
Common sense is a criminal offense. Crucify this so called "Jacob Hornberger"! More like Ayatollah Adolf bin Jughashvili-il!!

It is hateful of America for someone to say that gratuitous violence and killing of civilians is unnecessary? :eek: What, exactly, do you think America stands for that is being denigrated by this observation? Your logic concludes that your version of America is a nation without ethics or any sort of moral code.

Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to turn on your sarcasm detector and point it directly at the screen before continuing.

Here is a problem. Each time you say something against America you're anti-America. That's nonsense. Think about it, if you really love America, then admit her failures, which she does very often (but then it is mostly too late to change). If you never question America, you never question yourself. Means you think you're perfect. So you won't learn anything anymore as you won't be open.

I think Kevin is right. Do not even forget that the Talibans were installed by the American government itself during the cold war to fight the Russians. Now that they try to take over control in their own country America tries to knock them down, by any means. She only profited from them. This behaviour one may really put into question!

Please Kevin, take your hateful left-wing propaganda out of this board.

Venezuela and the United States have an extradition agreement. Nonetheless, the U.S. government is refusing to extradite Posada to Venezuela. The reason? It says that it fears that Venezuelan authorities will torture Posada. (Another reason might be that Posada was a CIA operative.)

But if fear of torture is a valid reason for refusing an extradition request from Venezuela, then why wouldn’t the same reason apply with respect to the Taliban’s refusal to extradite bin Laden to the United States?

Because when WE do it, it's ok, when THEY do it, it isn't. Duh. Didn't this guy learn anything in history class?

yea, only right wing propaganda hatred allowed.

U.S. officials are now concerned not only with a Taliban resurgence in Afghanistan but also a Taliban takeover in Pakistan. These problems, however, were caused by the U.S. Empire itself.

While most Americans now view President Bush’s Iraq War as a “bad war,” the common perception is that Bush’s invasion of Afghanistan was a “good war” (despite the fact that he went to war without the constitutionally required congressional declaration of war). The notion is that the U.S. government was justified in invading Afghanistan and ousting the Taliban regime from power because the Taliban and al-Qaeda conspired to commit the 9/11 attacks.

There’s just one big problem with that belief: it’s unfounded.

U.S. Foreign Policy Caused the Taliban Problem by Jacob G. Hornberger

Welcome to the 1980's.

Not new news IMO

Afghanistan is NOT in the middle east.

Close enough.

And we are fighting in Afghanistan as a direct result of our failed Middle East policies.

I have an idea. You don't like our country? LEAVE. But just a little warning you dumb ass, If we fall to the Islamic Jihad no where you go will fair any better.

The days we could just ignore the World have been gone a LONG fucking time now. You would think 2 World Wars would wake you dumb as rocks fuckers up to that.

If we just let the thugs, dictators and terrorists over run everyone unable to stop them, who the FUCK do you think we will be trading with after that? You retards are aware , I would hope, that the US is not able to independently do much of anything on its own, we live off a world wide trading system. If we allow everywhere else to fall, we will be paying tribute to those dictators, thugs and terrorists and we will be paying the amounts they dictate. You think foreign aid is bad? Wait till you have to pay off people that actively hate your guts. And how long do you think those that want us to cease to exist will continue doing business with us at any price?

You people have the brains God gave a mite. Dumb as rocks.

You sound like that insane general in Dr Strange love, your not in the army, get over it you freak. If your so bothered about the geo politaical balance and stop buying petroleum and walk to work you fat nob stain.

The Taliban won't take over Pakistan. The Pakistani army is too powerful and too secular to allow that to happen.

really? I've never even met a secular pakistani in Canada... not to say they're not nice people, they really are... but secular? the whole country is VEEERY religious

mind you, they're not taliban-style-crazy religious

The Taliban won't take over Pakistan. The Pakistani army is too powerful and too secular to allow that to happen.

really? I've never even met a secular pakistani in Canada... not to say they're not nice people, they really are... but secular? the whole country is VEEERY religious

Oh yeah....Pakastanis aren't taliban-style-crazy religious. :wtf:

what I mean is, the Pakistanis would probably like an Islamic republic with a proper constitution and all that goes into making a government function

The Taliban want to ban music and disallow the education of women

Pakistanis tend to be VERY faithful, but not extreme

what I mean is, the Pakistanis would probably like an Islamic republic with a proper constitution and all that goes into making a government function

um...I'm going to have to give you another :wtf: face.

Taliban are just as much Pakastani as Afghani. Maybe more so.

I'm really loving picking on you. :)

Doesn't anyone remember what actually happened????

When Iraq invaded Kuwait, Bin Laden wanted to bring the Arab world together and drive Saddam out of Kuwait. Instead, Middle Eastern countries looked to the US to force Iraq to withdraw. This enraged Bin Laden. Westerners killing Arabs in Islamic holy lands? The US was ASKED to oust Saddam. The US did the RIGHT thing. We should be proud of that.

9/11 happened because of an enraged Bin Laden who felt Arabs had been slighted. 9/11 was NOT the fault of the US (or the gays and feminists as the religious right wants you to believe). 9/11 was the fault of a religious zealot.

The Taliban got in the way. Bin Laden was a "guest" of the Taliban. According to Arab "custom", it's "rude" to hand over a "guest", so they wouldn't. Rather than work within the framework of Islamic society, Bush just bombed the hell of out them and then invaded Iraq with the absolutely crazy notion that Saddam and Bin Laden were "friends". Saddam killed members of his own familiy to stay in power. To suggest that he would share power with Bin Laden is just nuts.

That is the "real and true" story of 9/11 using simple words.

Last edited by a moderator:

When Iraq invaded Kuwait, Bin Laden wanted to bring the Arab world together and drive Saddam out of Kuwait. Instead, Middle Eastern countries looked to the US to force Iraq to withdraw. This enraged Bin Laden. Westerners killing Arabs in Islamic holy lands? The US was ASKED to oust Saddam. The US did the RIGHT thing. We should be proud of that.

9/11 happened because of an enraged Bin Laden who felt Arabs had been slighted. 9/11 was NOT the fault of the US (or the gays and feminists as the religious right wants you to believe). 9/11 was the fault of a religious zealot.

The Taliban got in the way. Bin Laden was a "guest" of the Taliban. According to Arab "custom", it's "rude" to hand over a "guest", so they wouldn't. Rather than work within the framework of Islamic society, Bush just bombed the hell of out them and then invaded Iraq with the absolutely crazy notion that Saddam and Bin Laden were "friends". Saddam killed members of his own familiy to stay in power. To suggest that he would share power with Bin Laden is just nuts.

You're doing ok but your little history lesson only starts in 1991. I think you need to go back a bit further then that.
And to clarify, Bin Laden was upset that the Saudi Royal family didn't want the protection of his mujahidin army that were so successful against the Russians and instead preferred the backup of the US. It was never about defending Kuwait for us. We could care less about Kuwait. But Saddam started getting a little close to our oil in Saudi so we had to act.
But 9/11 was more about Palestine, according to Bin Laden. Which, I don't think he cares about Palestine any more then the US cared about Kuwait...or Iraq for that matter.

Bush just made that Bin Laden/Saddam connection to make the illegal war easier for Americans to swallow. There never was a connection.

You're doing ok but your little history lesson only starts in 1991. I think you need to go back a bit further then that.
And to clarify, Bin Laden was upset that the Saudi Royal family didn't want the protection of his mujahidin army that were so successful against the Russians and instead preferred the backup of the US. It was never about defending Kuwait for us. We could care less about Kuwait. But Saddam started getting a little close to our oil in Saudi so we had to act.
But 9/11 was more about Palestine, according to Bin Laden. Which, I don't think he cares about Palestine any more then the US cared about Kuwait...or Iraq for that matter.

Bush just made that Bin Laden/Saddam connection to make the illegal war easier for Americans to swallow. There never was a connection.

Bin Laden's army also recieved aid from us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
And yes, it was certainly about oil. But the oil fields have names. One of which is "Kuwait".

Repulicans who believe that Bin Laden and Saddam were "friends" are in denial. If they believe we went into Iraq for WMDs, to free the people or any other of those silly reasons given by Bush, they are just credulous.

um...I'm going to have to give you another :wtf: face.

Taliban are just as much Pakastani as Afghani. Maybe more so.

I'm really loving picking on you. :)

I'm very familiar with the Taliban, but we were talking about the armed forces and the general population... the Taliban is hardly a representation of the Pakistani people

Forum List

Back