U.S. Facing further credit downgrade

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
To any thinking person the credit downgrades ought to be a wake up call. But not to this president who, like Canute, thinks he can just declare "We've always been a triple A country" and it will be all right.
So now it looks like another ratings agency will issue a downgrade. I predict the reaction on the Left will be "so what?" Of course they will scream about spending under Reagan and Bush but I dont remember a credit downgrade under those two presidents. Only this one.

U.S. rating likely to be downgraded again: Merrill - Yahoo! News

But , but, Chris,truthmatters and BDpoop thinks Obama is doing such a great job he needs to be re elected before you know it we will have no credit rankings. VOTE OBAMA OUT IN 2012

It's quite obvious, Obama hasn't learned from the last downgrade. Apparently this talk about simply "taxing the rich" isn't enough to satisfy them. He just doesn't get it: STOP Big Government spending AND get serious about spending cuts.

To any thinking person the credit downgrades ought to be a wake up call. But not to this president who, like Canute, thinks he can just declare "We've always been a triple A country" and it will be all right.
So now it looks like another ratings agency will issue a downgrade. I predict the reaction on the Left will be "so what?" Of course they will scream about spending under Reagan and Bush but I dont remember a credit downgrade under those two presidents. Only this one.

Of Course we are. Despite the Spin of the left the Facts are simple. S&P told us we needed to decrease the amount of money we were borrowing/Printing. They really didn't care whether we achieved it through spending cuts, or Revenue Increases. They just want to see were going in the right Direction and got the Message. Clearly we did not, and with a Push now to spend another half Trillion. Clearly were still not getting it.

With a Nation that can Print Money. Your Credit rating is not really about whether or not you are going to default. Because you can print money. The Lower the Rating the more likely they are saying it is we will resort to Printing money to cover Debts.

Anyone with Half a Brain knows the chances we will have to Print Money to Cover Debts is Very High. How do you think this supposedly Fully Funded Jobs Bill would be Funded? It calls on Cuts down the Road to offset it, but the actual Money spent now, will be Printed. The Credit Rating Agencies know it, they see were not getting the Message, and more Downgrades are almost inevitable.

Last edited:
It's quite obvious, Obama hasn't learned from the last downgrade. Apparently this talk about simply "taxing the rich" isn't enough to satisfy them. He just doesn't get it: STOP Big Government spending AND get serious about spending cuts.

What isn't Satisfying them is the fact that he wants to spend(Borrow or Print) 450 Billion right now, and supposedly Pay for it with offsetting cuts down the road. Obama's So called Jobs bill is a loud and clear message to the Credit Agencies. Obama does not get it, Democrats do not get it.

Add two thousand more regulations, hire a few more czars, stop some additional businesses to create layoffs and blame GW.

But when I am feeling down....

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3820-holb110810-cmyk20110809084216.jpg

To any thinking person the credit downgrades ought to be a wake up call.

Actually I think you’re absolutely correct. Certain politicians in Washington need to wake up and realize they need to secure additional revenue until the budget is balanced (including paying the interest on the debt we have already acquired). And that the way to do that is to make corporations pay at least SOME of the taxes they already lawfully owe.

Can we all agree that when your(our) credit is being downgraded(or threaten) that your likely(we're) doing something very wrong???

Pelosi, Reid & Obama

What are bad economic indicators for two thousand ALEX.

That’s funny as hell considering conservatives have forced all the cuts to education since the Reagan administration, despite being warned the whole time that the result would be a failing education system.
Now that we have a failing education system, it’s “all the liberals fault” (of course you have no rational argument to the effect that it’s all their fault, it just is in your opinion).
Well I’m going to tell you directly and you can listen or ignore it at your discretion.
There are some things that liberal politicians could be rightly blamed for, but failing education is not one of them. Republicans have either cut themselves, or politically forced every single cut to the education system, this despite dire warnings about what would happen if they did. Now that those dire warnings are becoming a reality, there is in truth no one to blame but conservatives.
Take that to your chief lobbyist and shove it.

Last edited:
We will probably be hit with another downgrade.

Of course, if you think this is a problem of just one party, you're a partisan hack.

And Merrill would almost certainly agree.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The United States will likely suffer the loss of its triple-A credit rating from another major rating agency by the end of this year due to concerns over the deficit, Bank of America Merrill Lynch forecasts.

The trigger would be a likely failure by Congress to agree on a credible long-term plan to cut the U.S. deficit, the bank said in a research note published on Friday.

Last time I checked, each party controlled a chamber in Congress.

Pelosi, Reid & Obama

That’s funny as hell considering conservatives have forced all the cuts to education since the Reagan administration, despite being warned the whole time that the result would be a failing education system.
Now that we have a failing education system, it’s “all the liberals fault” (of course you have no rational argument to the effect that it’s all their fault, it just is in your opinion).
Well I’m going to tell you directly and you can listen or ignore it at your discretion.
There are some things that liberal politicians could be rightly blamed for, but failing education is not one of them. Republicans have either cut themselves, or politically forced every single cut to the education system, this despite dire warnings about what would happen if they did. Now that those dire warnings are becoming a reality, there is in truth no one to blame but conservatives.
You might wish to review how much Money GW spent in education.

Your rants are venturing off the map.

Pelosi, Reid & Obama

It wasnt repiublicans cheating for students in Atlanta son.

Of course, if you think this is a problem of just one party, you're a partisan hack.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The United States will likely suffer the loss of its triple-A credit rating from another major rating agency by the end of this year due to concerns over the deficit, Bank of America Merrill Lynch forecasts.

The trigger would be a likely failure by Congress to agree on a credible long-term plan to cut the U.S. deficit, the bank said in a research note published on Friday.

And last I checked only one part had put forward at least one credible plan to reduce the deficit. And this was blocked by the other party.
Yes, the GOP has a lot to answer for in te past, esp under Bush. But this time around let's remember who voted for all the spending.

you really shocked that people are this dense that its only one parties fault?

There are Idiots on Both Sides who try and pin it all on the Other Party. Hell there are idiots who think it is all Bushes Fault, and Idiots who think it's All Obama's Fault.

The Fact is it is the Result of Bad Policy and Irresponsible, Unaccountable Leadership over several Decades by Both Parties.

There are Idiots on Both Sides who try and pin it all on the Other Party. Hell there are idiots who think it is all Bushes Fault, and Idiots who think it's All Obama's Fault.

The Fact is it is the Result of Bad Policy and Irresponsible, Unaccountable Leadership over several Decades by Both Parties.

The people of this country also bear a great deal of responsibility. They want goodies but don't want to pay for it.

The people of this country also bear a great deal of responsibility. They want goodies but don't want to pay for it.
True. Just ask the OWS children.

Forum List

Back