U.S. Faces Shortage of Doctors

Only 6% of scientists are Republican.
More of your asinine "Wepubwican's be dumbies" bull.
You never get tired of misrepresenting facts. The doctor shortage is caused by the high cost (not to mention difficulty of completing) for medical school and declining income for doctors. Not by the number of scientist which you claim are Republican.
If the USA wants to fix the problem we either need to improve elementary education, raise pay levels for doctors, or reduce the demand with a national fitness program.
Instead we are more apt to get Democratic Death panels.

When I was a very small child, we has a Presidential Fitness Award we could win and get a medal for! :D

And I got one every year, by meeting the measures required!!!!

I LOVED THAT....:lol:

Of course, this was at school on an Air force Base, so maybe this Presidential Award was not available to kids going to public school off base?

When I was in high school, we had GYM, for an hour a day, every day of the week, all 4 years.

When I was a very small child, we has a Presidential Fitness Award we could win and get a medal for! :D

Of course, this was at school on an Air force Base, so maybe this Presidential Award was not available to kids going to public school off base?

When I was in high school, we had GYM, for an hour a day, every day of the week, all 4 years.

Thank JFK for that one.
http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historica...eral+Government+Takes+on+Physical+Fitness.htm

Last edited:

So you agree we should mandate exercise and nutrition for everyone wanting government assisted health care. Sounds good.

So you agree we should mandate exercise and nutrition for everyone wanting government assisted health care. Sounds good.

i don't agree with a federal mandate to do such....

i do believe in incentives to do such....i saw a suggestion that insurance companies wanted to offer employers that gave a fitness and nutrition seminar for all employees that the insurance company would discount their group insurance rate.....

there are many things that can be done, without a federal mandate!

Don't worry folks, the Hussein has a plan.

Lets just say don't be surprised if ten years from now your doctor is from Pakistan.

Don't worry folks, the Hussein has a plan.

Lets just say don't be surprised if ten years from now your doctor is from Pakistan.

the 12 years as an adult that i spent in florida with health insurance....i never had a doctor that was not from pakistan or india!

it was not until we moved to massachusetts, where i had my first american physician, dr wendy bergman.... and i would highly recommend her to anyone near her!

We throw 17% of the entire economy at health care and doctors do not want regulation. Well then, too bad, let them quit.
The scary part is that most Americans are so stupid they do not know the health care system is over utilized NOW. Managed care of the uninsured will cut down on doctors. Managed care of the entire system will also cut down on the system.
Who has ever made a claim for an oil change on a car on their car insurance? When I was a kid NO ONE evertook their children to the doctor when they were sick unless it was something very bad.
Facts are that short term there will be a shortage of doctors but Georgia just stated that the UGA med school is gearing up for a 30% increase in students in 2 years.
I will WAGER 100K that there will be NO SHORTAGE of med school applicants nationwide EVER.
Foreign doctors, the majority better than American doctors, will make up any slack.
Does anyone really believe doctors will change professions because of regulation?
Pass up a 650K job to do what in this economy? LOL.
Not enough of you here know how $ works.
The 100,000 shortage they predict is absurd. More like 40,000 and half of those will befilled the first year with foreign doctors anbd the other will be around the corner.
Quit over utilizing the health care system with kids and ther common cold and that will free up 30% of pediatricians.
We demand too much.

Forum List

Back