U.S. Faces Shortage of Doctors

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Dont Taz Me Bro, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,536
    As many of us have said over and over, health care reform was never about lifting the uninsured up to the same level of care as everyone else. It was about dragging the rest of us down in order to accommodate them.

Longer wait times for patients. Gee, you don't say. Clearly the authors of this article are just right wing fearmongers who want poor people to die.

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    In my opinion:

Many doctors are leaving the profession as we speak some are in the process of re-evaluating their futures,

1. Do they want to be regulated beyond reason, unbelievable increase paperwork and monitoring by federal agencies, becoming in a way a federal employee.

2. Take much less remittance for their years of intense study and devotion to their particular discipline from say medicare,medicaid and insurance companies being regulated.

3. Be in the middle of chaotic waiting rooms and offices triggering 'office rage'.

And other 'red tape reasons' that this BILL has in store for everyone. Wait until the rest of this kicks in, then lets hear the proponents cheer about passing too much too soon.
    All the projected costs for this 'reform' is just plain bullcrap and smoke and mirrors, one can bet the costs will be maybe double or more after the manipulators and crooks get into the swing of things and cause more chaos.

It's not that we didn't need some kind of reform, it was passed JUST to pass new health care reform and a 'feather in the hat' of Obama and his band of henchmen. It IS trying to implement TOO MUCH TOO FAST, all because of an arrogant president trying to insure that his name is in the "Political Hall of Fame", or will it be SHAME?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,070
    0bama traded our children's futures for some magic beans, which he gave to Pelosi and Reid. Anybody got an ax?

4. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,110
    The estimated Doctor shortage that the article mentioned numbers on was from a 2007 study of 2005 figures I believe.....3-5 YEARS BEFORE the Health Care Bill passed and 9 years before health care reform becomes effective in 2014...were there any concerns back in 2005-2007 about the future Doctor shortage?

The Doctors leaving the field were doing so LONG before HCR becomes affective....

The Doctor shortage has been KNOWN since 2000......or before....of course with all the boomers heading to retirement, health care needs of the country would INCREASE.....

The question is, WHAT can we do about it? How can we increase the numbers in medical schools, nursing schools, medical technology schools etc. even MORE?

Where there is a problem, there is a solution....the glass is half full, not half empty folks.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,737
    this regime isn't focused on more doctors and nurses, they are focused on more IRS agents.. so as your democwat congressman idiot moron said "don't get sick, if you do get sick don't get sick." alan garyson. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

6. saveliberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,070
    Well Care4all, we can lower standards for medical school, so more people can get in. Reducing compensation should motivate many to be more charitable in their career choice. Penalizing people who use the system unnecessarily might help too.

7. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,110
    How about we INCREASE the number of medical schools and thus the number of students....

An increased supply of schools SHOULD reduce the cost of medical schools, where bright people who could not afford medical school previously, can now afford it?

In business, an increased supply reduces costs...

I don't think we need to lower our standards for our doctors, I think we need to lower the price to become one...which will increase the demand.

8. saveliberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,070
    Pretty sick that you want to increase the demand for doctors. Haven't you heard about wellness practices? See, to me, that would be the smartest thing. Make people more personally responsible for their health. THAT wold be the number one thing to do.

Apparently you think there is some hidden supply of professors for med schools? You should realize that some doctors would quit practicing to become teachers right? Our secondary schools are not turning out quality students. There are limited students available to fill your new schools.

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,737
    that's the ticket we need new legislation to pass PTFMAT.. then we won't need us no damn doctors.. Personal Traniners For Me And Thee. You like?

10. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,110
    I'm sorry...I suppose I did not word that correctly.....?

We need to increase doctors, for ALL of the BOOMERS going in to retirement, so on the level of the medical school BUSINESS, we need to increase the supply and demand for doctors, so that they are not indebted for the rest of their lives, due to the high cost of medical schools...which is decreasing the amount of people willing or rather ABLE to make this a career....financial constraints are huge.

The AMA and others, who estimated that by the year 2000 we would have an OVERAGE of doctors, to the tune of 165,000 EXTRA doctors, were just simply WRONG with their estimate and by the year 2000, we supposedly had a 165,000 SHORTAGE instead of overage.....

Now, did the AMA and other groups of Doctors LIMIT the amount of doctors being allowed in to Medical school because they WANTED fewer doctors so that Doctors could be limited in supply and call for a HIGHER price for them....or did they REALLY just miscalculate back in the 80's and 90's with their projected 165,000 doctor OVERAGE?

Who knows?

My guess is that many doctor groups and medical schools WANT to limit doctors so that doctors can get paid more for their services..... :(