U.S. expects rise in troop casualties

If the Dems get their surrender wish, it will make things for Iran much easier

bush already made things easy for iran by ridding them of their two worst enemies... the taliban and saddam hussein...

how many americans have to die in iraq before your blood lust is satisfied? and uhhh, why don't you enlist and go help out? As you are one of bush's staunchest supporters...

show me where I have been hyper about the democrats negotiating with the white house after the president vetoed the troop funding bill supported by the american people? I am not hyper at all about that.... I think being politcally pragmatic is a good thing for my party to do at this point. This war will continue until January of 2009..... the best thing we can do is try to do the people's will as expressed in the last election.... they didn't give us a veto proof majority.... if they had, we would have overridden it and not had to talk with Bush about it...but we will talk because that is the mature and responsible thing to do. And the American people will appreciate it.... and show us their gratitude.

good points... mature and responsible... yep... two traits our opposition can only salivate about having...

:evil:

The people's will? Conservatives expressed dissatisfaction with Republicans by abstaining from supporting the GOP. Slipping in the back door is hardly the "people's will."

back door front door, who cares... we're there, they're not...

and now... the investigations go on...

some people don't mind being lied to time and time again... other people prefer to be told the truth... I'm in the latter group, how about you?

I disagree. There was no noticeable shift in which side they supported by right or left. Had the Dem's gained a noticeable amount of conservative votes, THEN I would say you would have a valid point.

One side's team not showing up to play is a win by forfeit, and a tainted victory by ANY standards.

Even so, a "tainted" victory trumps a loss everyday... or so the righties said post '04...

1) If conservatives had turned out to vote, Dem's would STILL be looking in from the outside.

2) In this case, it's too bad conservatives/Republicans aren't as well-trained as liberals/Dems to just go vote for the party line no matter who or what.

1) Yes, and we'd still be being fed a load of horse manure disguised as the truth.

2) Are you kidding? Which part of the rubber stamp congress that just got tossed out on their keisters didn't vote the party line? Who? Who voted the issue and not the party? Who?

sounds about as stupid as 3000 Palm Beach Jews who couldn't figure out the stupid punch card ballot and voted for Pat Buchanan instead of Al Gore.

what the hell? do only republican electoral victories count as victories????

yep... to the republicans anyway... too bad they don't have a definition for victory in Iraq... or a plan...

Sorry, but I STILL disagree. It was a victory by forfeit. Calling it anything else is not seeing the truth, and it has caused Congressional Dem's to just pick up right where they left off in the 90s when they got the boot for being a bunch of nincompoops.

So you can claim your hollow victory while it lasts, but claiming it was the "will of the people" is WRONG.

actually, they were booted out in '94 because of abscom... remember? And now, after seeing how corrupt the republicans have become, (abramoff ring a bell?), I sincerely hope the dems can keep their noses clean...

To claim a victory by forfeit because one team doesn't show as representative of the will of the people is the hollow argument.

Democrats hold the majority because it was the will of some shortsighted conservatives to remove their own from power.

maybe they should have run better candidates...

When the going gets tough?

What did this just start?

This occupation is new?

Did people just start dying?

Last I checked there were two official numbers, one is the exact number of US troops killed which is over 3000

and the other number which is an estimate, which was 65,000 Iraqi deaths, and thats an old number.

And you are content to just let it continue while these numbers rise.

:thup:

rsr doesn't care how many americans die in Iraq...

and the nice thing is...I told him quite clearly what it would take for me to engage HIM in conversation anymore...but I am certainly not precluded from engaging others in conversation ABOUT him, eh?

true... and after just a few hours on this board, I can see your point... laffs... but then I've seen rsr before on another board... one where he no longer makes an appearance... but I forget where... too many boards, so little time... :lol:

Forum List

Back