U.S. Economy Lost 54,000 Jobs in August; Unemployment Rate Rises to 9.6%

What "News?"

The one for which you couldn't find a link?

What the fuck is wrong with you pissheads. You sit in front of the damn Internet. All you have to do is go look it up. If you fuckers and had shame you would apologize. Don't worry. No one is holding right wingers to any meaningful standard. And you Samson, you are a disgrace. I lower my opinion.

You "lower your opinion???"

:ack-1:

rdean, if you're gonna make a claim, is asking you to be credible really all that much to ask?

Let me make sure I get this right. You edit my response and then say that response that YOU edited is NOT credible?

Below was my response to your insistence I add a link. Are these links NOT credible?

You typify the right wing. Liars. Deceivers. Disreputable. You are a "perfect" representative. Don't change.

Private employers add 67,000 jobs, but unemployment rate rises - San Jose Mercury News

Private employers add 67,000 jobs, but unemployment rate rises

Employers hire more workers than expected - Business - Eye on the Economy - msnbc.com

Private employers added a total of 67,000 jobs last month, according to the Labor Department’s August jobs report released Friday. That number was below the amount of jobs needed to keep up with population growth, but was better than expected. Both July and June’s private-sector job figures were upwardly revised.

August Jobs Report: Private Sector Added 67,000 Jobs - DailyFinance

Americans received some rare good news about the U.S. economy Friday, with a report from the Labor Department that the private sector added 67,000 jobs in August, more than the 40,000 gain economists had forecast. But that unexpected increase was more than offset by the well-anticipated drop in government payrolls: The number of temporary U.S. Census workers fell by 114,000, accounting for the bulk of a 121,000 decline in government jobs. In total, the U.S. lost 54,000 jobs in August.

What the fuck is wrong with you pissheads. You sit in front of the damn Internet. All you have to do is go look it up. If you fuckers and had shame you would apologize. Don't worry. No one is holding right wingers to any meaningful standard. And you Samson, you are a disgrace. I lower my opinion.

rdean, if you're gonna make a claim, is asking you to be credible really all that much to ask?

Let me make sure I get this right. You edit my response and then say that response that YOU edited is NOT credible? .

No moron, wrong.

I'm obviously refering to you're OTHER post, the one without references, as the one lacking credability.

That's why you got your panties in a wad, then gave references in your next post.

You're a little retarded aren't you.

I just hope we have all learned a lesson since we let bush start this whole "bailout culture" at the end of 2008. The lesson being government does not create jobs and government spending is not the answer to tough financial times.

One thing I will throw in, many of still enjoy benefits from the WPA and like projects.
Southern CA and Nevade sure enjoy water from it and electricity.

Read all here: U.S. Private Sector Adds 67,000 Jobs - WSJ.com

Man, how is that "summer of recovery" going for you.

Liberals keep telling us about "jobs added" but what kind of jobs if the unemployment rate goes up again?

Are these census workers? Temporary jobs? Part time jobs? Are the jobs being lost the more permanent work job seekers need?

Liberals are going to find it hard to hide behind "stats" when the obvious is a lot of people are out of work!

Those people are going to vote come November.l

It's about the jobs liberals, and Obama and the Democrats are the ones that need to be put of work, to make that part of our economy better. ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah but how many were saved ? :lol:

Total government employment, which includes state and local jobs, fell 121,000. The declines were a result not just of the letting go of 114,000 census workers, but also job cuts by state governments facing budget pressures.

So take away those nasty government jobs and we actually saw an increase from the private sector.

For months, Cons have been saying "Its just census jobs...its just census jobs"
Now those jobs are going away and we saw a 0.1% increase in unemployment

So what are you saying. Even if you take away all the lost Public sector Jobs. What you are left with is Pathetically slow Private sector job growth, and it only cost a trillion dollars.

hell at this smoking pace it will only take 24 Years to gain back the 8 million lost jobs.

Wow Awesome.

Lets mortgage our kids future some more and spend another trillion so we can get some more Jobs that cost 250,000 Dollars each to create.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Last edited:
Total government employment, which includes state and local jobs, fell 121,000. The declines were a result not just of the letting go of 114,000 census workers, but also job cuts by state governments facing budget pressures.

So take away those nasty government jobs and we actually saw an increase from the private sector.

So what are you saying. Even if you take away all the lost Public sector Jobs. What you are left with is Pathetically slow Private sector job growth, and it only cost a trillion dollars.

hell at this smoking pace it will only take 24 Years to gain back the 8 million lost jobs.

Wow Awesome.

Lets mortgage our kids future some more and spend another trillion so we can get some more Jobs that cost 250,000 Dollars each to create.

How many jobs was the private sector losing a month a year ago?

Jobs have been added to private sector every month for the last eight.

That is a LIE. At best jobs were added 5 out of the last 8 months and lost jobs 3 out of the last 8 months. Those 3 months of losses wiped out most of the jobs gained over those 5 months. Jobs are down from 6 months ago!

Jobs Lost Since Democrats Took Control in 2007!
fredgraph.png

Last edited:

Let me make sure I get this right. You edit my response and then say that response that YOU edited is NOT credible? .

No moron, wrong.

I'm obviously refering to you're OTHER post, the one without references, as the one lacking credability.

That's why you got your panties in a wad, then gave references in your next post.

You're a little retarded aren't you.

It's one thing to ask for a credible link for something that happened 2 or 10 years ago. But when it happened yesterday, and it's all over the news and in the papers, I suspect if you WANTED to know the truth, you could find it out fairly easily.

That is a LIE. At best jobs were added 5 out of the last 8 months and lost jobs 3 out of the last 8 months. Those 3 months of losses wiped out most of the jobs gained over those 5 months. Jobs are down from 6 months ago!

fredgraph.png

All told, the economy has added 763,000 private-sector jobs in 2010. For comparison purposes, note that the economy lost nearly 4.7 million private-sector jobs in 2009, and lost 3.8 million in 2008.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2010_09/025514.php

privatejobs_aug10.jpg

You call a Republican President and a Senate vote at 49 to 49 Democratic "CONTROL"? Is that what control means to you? Do you even know the meaning of the word?

Name some Democratic bills passed during that time when they had all that massive "control".

What the fuck is wrong with right wingers? Can't they stop lying? Ever?

Last edited by a moderator:

fredgraph.png

All told, the economy has added 763,000 private-sector jobs in 2010. For comparison purposes, note that the economy lost nearly 4.7 million private-sector jobs in 2009, and lost 3.8 million in 2008.

The Washington Monthly

privatejobs_aug10.jpg

You call a Republican President and a Senate vote at 49 to 49 Democratic "CONTROL"? Is that what control means to you? Do you even know the meaning of the word?

Name some Democratic bills passed during that time when they had all that massive "control".

Your Fake BS Chart is a LIE. My chart is factual & provided by the BLS & Federal Reserve. There is no increased jobs under the Obamacrats administration. At best the economy has stopped homaging jobs for a few months. The jobs lost under this administration will not be recovered untill after Obama leaves office. That means a net job loss for this administration.

Nov 8, 2007 - Senate Overrides Bush Veto of Water Resources Development Act.

Jul 15, 2008 - Congress Overrides Bush Veto of Medicare Bill that Prevented Medicare Cuts.

May 22, 2008 - House Overrides Bush Veto of Farm Bill.

Democrats were the party of NO under Bush.

January 18, 2007 – The U.S. House of Representatives, under new Democratic leadership, passed legislation that would end subsidies and tax breaks for oil companies and earmark that money to help develop renewable energy, alternative fuels and conservation technologies. Despite strong opposition from the oil industry and the Bush administration which argued this measure will increase U.S. dependence on foreign oil.

May 6, 2008 - House passes Democratic bill by Barney Frank that has the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) to guarantee up to $300 billion in refinanced home loans.

I could go on & on but I have made my point!

Last edited:

fredgraph.png

The Washington Monthly

privatejobs_aug10.jpg

Your Fake BS Chart is a LIE. My chart is factual & provided by the BLS & Federal Reserve. There is no increased jobs under the Obamacrats administration. At best the economy has stopped homaging jobs for a few months. The jobs lost under this administration will not be recovered untill after Obama leaves office. That means a net job loss for this administration.

Nov 8, 2007 - Senate Overrides Bush Veto of Water Resources Development Act.

Jul 15, 2008 - Congress Overrides Bush Veto of Medicare Bill that Prevented Medicare Cuts.

May 22, 2008 - House Overrides Bush Veto of Farm Bill.

Democrats were the party of NO under Bush.

January 18, 2007 – The U.S. House of Representatives, under new Democratic leadership, passed legislation that would end subsidies and tax breaks for oil companies and earmark that money to help develop renewable energy, alternative fuels and conservation technologies. Despite strong opposition from the oil industry and the Bush administration which argued this measure will increase U.S. dependence on foreign oil.

It's not a lie because it's only looking at "private sector" jobs and not "ALL" jobs, government jobs included.

You know you can only override a presidential veto with a two thirds majority. How much of 49 is two thirds?

Facts rearing their ugly head. How you guys hate facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
the chart, however, is designed to be misleading and perpetuate a false impression because it reflects the inertia of jobs losses and gains not actual jobs losses and gains.

I would call it a lie, imo. It was crafted to deceive.

the chart, however, is designed to be misleading and perpetuate a false impression because it reflects the inertia of jobs losses and gains not actual jobs losses and gains.

The biggest lie of all is that 2.4 trillion in tax cuts worked, stimulated the economy and created jobs. Where are the jobs a 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut created? China?

Wow Awesome.

How many jobs was the private sector losing a month a year ago?

I don't care man. We spent a trillion Dollars and all we got was pathetic Growth which is slowly petering out. Which is exactly what I said we would get.

It is about efficiency man. Sure the stimulus has had some effect, and things could have been worse, but there were more efficient ways to spend all that money, and that is the point.

The biggest lie of all is that 2.4 trillion in tax cuts worked, stimulated the economy and created jobs. Where are the jobs a 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut created? China?

Yes.

satisfied?

Stick to narratives that are true and yet still support your partisan rage.

You will still look like a fuming madman, but at least you will be honest, and lord knows there is plenty that is true that demonizes the dems and the repubs.

Why make shit up?

I don't care man. We spent a trillion Dollars and all we got was pathetic Growth which is slowly petering out. Which is exactly what I said we would get.

It is about efficiency man. Sure the stimulus has had some effect, and things could have been worse, but there were more efficient ways to spend all that money, and that is the point.

You seldom nail it, but this time you nailed it down, and solid.

Congrats.

You will be wrong 100 times before you are ever so right again.

make a big ta-do about it, enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. Throw a party.

the stimulus was unfocused and more of a wish list/porkbarrel effort. and like you say, little emphasis was placed on making it efficient, the single most important factor of all.

You seldom nail it, but this time you nailed it down, and solid.

Congrats.

You will be wrong 100 times before you are ever so right again.

make a big ta-do about it, enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. Throw a party.

the stimulus was unfocused and more of a wish list/porkbarrel effort. and like you say, little emphasis was placed on making it efficient, the single most important factor of all.

Don't bother complimenting someone if you follow it up with an insult. lol

Close to half the Stimulus was bail outs for State Budgets. Which anyone with a brain knows will do little to nothing to stimulate the Economy. That is why it was SUCH a lie when they told us how much it would help.

Forum List

Back