U.S. economy cannot afford shutdown

If the wealthy paid their way we wouldn't be in this mess. Now the GOP wants to cut a trillion from Medicare. Is that the same trillion they gave the wealthy in tax breaks and hand outs? Now they want the poor to make up the difference? Something is terribly wrong here...:confused:

Clearly, the GOP is the enemy of the middle class. The government 'of the people' needs to start protecting 'the people'.

Yeah, what a bunch of crap. Who cares if soldiers, veterans and SS recipients don't get their paychecks? That won't affect the economy in the slightest. "Those people" don't buy things right? :rolleyes:

demonRats had a year to pass a budget, they had congress and the wh.. what's your fucking excuse for that doyathink??? Tell us, we're dying to know.

If the wealthy paid their way we wouldn't be in this mess. Now the GOP wants to cut a trillion from Medicare. Is that the same trillion they gave the wealthy in tax breaks and hand outs? Now they want the poor to make up the difference? Something is terribly wrong here...:confused:

Clearly, the GOP is the enemy of the middle class. The government 'of the people' needs to start protecting 'the people'.

The wealthy pay. 50% of youse leeches pay ZERO and most of you leeches get a rebate on the Zero you don't pay.. stfu.

I respond to dishonest shit with dishonest shit. Anyone with an IQ over that of a houseplant knows that both parties are irresponsible, out of control whores when it comes to spending other people's money. However, if rightwinger wants to be a partisan asshole, I'll respond in kind.

Okay, fair enough. :lol:

Yeah, what a bunch of crap. Who cares if soldiers, veterans and SS recipients don't get their paychecks? That won't affect the economy in the slightest. "Those people" don't buy things right? :rolleyes:

They will all still get paid.

But I have this sneaky suspician that NPR is about to go dead air....rich liberals will suffer most.

My apologies...I was thinking of the debt ceiling. If we don't raise the debt ceiling our servicemembers and veterans potentially won't get paid.

Debt Ceiling Vote Has Mil Pay in Crosshairs

The "liberal" areas that right wingers want to "hurt" by cutting NPR funding won't be hurt, but small, much less liberal, radio stations (mostly in "red" areas) WILL be hurt. Brilliant plan!!

The wealthy pay. 50% of youse leeches pay ZERO and most of you leeches get a rebate on the Zero you don't pay.. stfu.

No, you shut the fuck up, if all you're going to do is say stupid shit like this.

I don't want the GOP to cut medicare, and I think the tax breaks were ridiculous. Oh and I'm one of the ".50% payers", I probably pay more in taxes a year than a lot of people on USMB make in a year. I'm not trying to brag-I'm just saying that the whole "stop being a leech" argument isn't a very strong one.

edit: I do think we should cut back on handout programs like medicaid, food stamps, wellfare, etc. Not eliminate-but cut back on what it takes to receive these benefits.

Last edited:

They will all still get paid.

But I have this sneaky suspician that NPR is about to go dead air....rich liberals will suffer most.

My apologies...I was thinking of the debt ceiling. If we don't raise the debt ceiling our servicemembers and veterans potentially won't get paid.

Debt Ceiling Vote Has Mil Pay in Crosshairs

The "liberal" areas that right wingers want to "hurt" by cutting NPR funding won't be hurt, but small, much less liberal, radio stations (mostly in "red" areas) WILL be hurt. Brilliant plan!!

I just called it a sneaky suspicion...rich liberals are 'probably' toast.

Reagan did a gov shutdown. Bush 41 did a gov shutdown. Clinton did a gov shut down. Now Obama is going to do one. These are all executive orders.

Maybe 20% of the government stopped spending money in each case. The good news is that the post office has been exempt in the past....well, maybe that is good news...

We never have problems with Government shutdowns when Dems control the House
Gee.....I can't imagine why.

:eusa_whistle:

"Republican candidates aren't merely afraid of tea party conservatives....

.....they're terrified."
crying_in_the_corner.jpg

Obama is terrified.

He gave a speech without a teleprompter.

If I didn't know anything else, I would say Michelle left him with the girls...

When and if 100 percent of Americans pay a share of the Federal Income tax.. 100% of the time then you can make the arguement that the rich don't pay their share.. The rich pay a share. 50% of youse pay NO share. True story.

Care to explain to us how what others pay or don't pay means the wealthy are paying their fair share of taxes?

Almost too easy to refute when you lack any semblance of logic...you should try harder and control the vitriolic rhetoric, I know it's tough when that's all you have but you should try if you want to be heard.

When and if 100 percent of Americans pay a share of the Federal Income tax.. 100% of the time then you can make the arguement that the rich don't pay their share.. The rich pay a share. 50% of youse pay NO share. True story.

Care to explain to us how what others pay or don't pay means the wealthy are paying their fair share of taxes?

Almost too easy to refute when you lack any semblance of logic...you should try harder and control the vitriolic rhetoric, I know it's tough when that's all you have but you should try if you want to be heard.

It's the fact jack.

Yes it is, and I know it.

Stop, just stop. Don't go around saying stupid shit, acting like a juvenile in denial who can't back up the talk.

It's a fact jack.

Yes, and you saying so makes it true. Listen, you're not getting anywhere by saying this. Everyone reading recognizes how outlandish a claim it is that you are making, and without any proof at that. Let's think about it for a moment. The minimum yearly income total that incurs tax liability is somewhere around $8000-$9000. You're saying that 50% of people in this country make less than that? That's absurd, and everyone already knows it is entirely untrue.

Stop, just stop. Don't go around saying stupid shit, acting like a juvenile in denial who can't back up the talk.

It's a fact jack.

Yes, and you saying so makes it true. Listen, you're not getting anywhere by saying this. Everyone reading recognizes how outlandish a claim it is that you are making, and without any proof at that. Let's think about it for a moment. The minimum yearly income total that incurs tax liability is somewhere around $8000-$9000. You're saying that 50% of people in this country make less than that? That's absurd, and everyone already knows it is entirely untrue.

50% of youse pay zero federal income tax.. and a good many of youse get a rebate on the zero youse pays. that's the facts jack.

What the U.S. can't afford is more of this uncontrolled spending irregardless of which side of the aisle it comes from. For those of you who think this is a joke take a look at the national debt clock. It is a chilling sight. The following is from the Huffington Post, a known liberally biased media outlet. It is interesting to see that even some libs are starting to open their eyes.

“Our gov't spent 8 times more than they took in last month. How long do they think this can last? Even if you taxed all the rich 100%, you could not make up that shortfall. Come on guys we have to start cutting. It hurts, but it has to be done. This is not a partisian problem. It's everybody'*s problem. Otherwise, bye bye America. India came out and chastised Bernake and our monetary spending today. It's bad when a damn emerging nation comes out and admonishes you!!! Get it together people!”

Lorrie Culligan: Our gov't spent 8 times more than they took in

She maybe a liberal but she has this problem nailed.

Watch our national debt spiral out of sight. Click on the following link. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Forum List

Back