U.S. economy cannot afford shutdown

We never have problems with Government shutdowns when Dems control the House

I don't think someone as dumb as an actual cat knows what's a load of crap and what isn't. Taa-taa.

If this means the IRS is not going to shoot me if I do not pay them the protection racket money....sign me up.

Which means that the minority recognized that the people spoke and they should follow the lead of the majority to avoid a shutdown.

Whish the minority this time around was as responsible.

Thanks for not being partisan and pointing that out to us.

We can't afford not to have a shutdown, if that is the only means by which the Dems can be brought to the table to stem the bleeding.

What they are really afraid of is how few non-government people will actually be affected by the shutdown. The Party of Big Government mostly exists to perpetuate and serve Big Government.

Last edited:
Counterpoint Moment!

If we shut down the Grand Canyon National Park, who will visit all the whore houses in southern Nevada?

Total Net Debt in the United States is closer to $55.0 tril, of which $14.0 tril. is barely 25% and $1.5 tril. per year is not even 3% of Total Net Debt.

The $14.0 tril. is the total. The $1.5 tril. is the annual increase.

A bil. here, and a bil. there, is mostly a spot of tea over nothing.

"Tea Spot, Tea." maybe should be a new adult book for Old, Fat, White People--Cavorting about naked on other people's yachts, dumping substance and other treasure into the sea!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Reagan Devaluation Tractory era: Bring many squaws back to Lands of Many Nations: To empty purses into machines of one-armed, White Eyes!)

Total Net Debt in the United States is closer to $55.0 tril, of which $14.0 tril. is barely 25% and $1.5 tril. per year is not even 3% of Total Net Debt.

The $14.0 tril. is the total. The $1.5 tril. is the annual increase.

A bil. here, and a bil. there, is mostly a spot of tea over nothing.

"Tea Spot, Tea." maybe should be a new adult book for Old, Fat, White People--Cavorting about naked on other people's yachts, dumping substance and other treasure into the sea!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Reagan Devaluation Tractory era: Bring many squaws back to Lands of Many Nations: To empty purses into machines of one-armed, White Eyes!)

You izz a asshole racist.. yep you izz.

No, but because of a Democrat controlled house, we gotta shut down the Government. Y'all spent all our money, ya bastards.

Please, let's keep the issue in honest terms. The Democrats and Republicans have been equally responsible for decades for out of control spending. Reagan spend like wild, Bush spent like wild, alternating D and R Congresses during those periods served up the spending bills.

Honestly, if any time in recent history could really attribute one party over the other as the spending party, it would be the days of GWB and a GOP controlled Congress, who spent money like crazy together. But at the end of the day, both parties are equally responsible. The pairing of Clinton's administration with the GOP Congress of the time has been the relatively fiscally healthiest time our nation has enjoyed in recent memory. I would have hoped that something similar would have been happening nowadays, with another GOP Congress and a Democratic administration. But alas, we've a government full of ass clowns, and neither side is exempt from blame.

No, but because of a Democrat controlled house, we gotta shut down the Government. Y'all spent all our money, ya bastards.

Please, let's keep the issue in honest terms. The Democrats and Republicans have been equally responsible for decades for out of control spending. Reagan spend like wild, Bush spent like wild, alternating D and R Congresses during those periods served up the spending bills.

Honestly, if any time in recent history could really attribute one party over the other as the spending party, it would be the days of GWB and a GOP controlled Congress, who spent money like crazy together. But at the end of the day, both parties are equally responsible. The pairing of Clinton's administration with the GOP Congress of the time has been the relatively fiscally healthiest time our nation has enjoyed in recent memory. I would have hoped that something similar would have been happening nowadays, with another GOP Congress and a Democratic administration. But alas, we've a government full of ass clowns, and neither side is exempt from blame.

spare us,, better yet,, cry us a river whydonchya?

Yeah, what a bunch of crap. Who cares if soldiers, veterans and SS recipients don't get their paychecks? That won't affect the economy in the slightest. "Those people" don't buy things right? :rolleyes:

I respond to dishonest shit with dishonest shit. Anyone with an IQ over that of a houseplant knows that both parties are irresponsible, out of control whores when it comes to spending other people's money. However, if rightwinger wants to be a partisan asshole, I'll respond in kind.

Yeah, what a bunch of crap. Who cares if soldiers, veterans and SS recipients don't get their paychecks? That won't affect the economy in the slightest. "Those people" don't buy things right? :rolleyes:

They will all still get paid.

But I have this sneaky suspician that NPR is about to go dead air....rich liberals will suffer most.

Forum List

Back