U.S. economy adds 255,000 jobs in July

I'm still not getting what the picture is supposed to demonstrate.

That those numbers about new jobs being added is BULL SHIT
How does it do that?

Because there are still Millions of people looking for work who are no longer counted since there are no more extensions
No there aren't. If you are looking for work and could accept a job if offered you are classified as unemployed. Unemployment benefits have nothing to do with it. The 94 million figure are those not working or looking for work.

So the total of jobs added in July is supposed to mean what?
It means that from a survey of 623,000 establishments, there were approximately 144,193,000 people on payroll in non-farm businesses in June and 144,448,000 in July.

Who would give up looking for work? someone retarded?
Well, some others would be people retiring, stay at home moms and dads, family caregivers, students, etc.

It would be someone who is being taken care of. Definitely not someone like me who is living on my own
So you will never retire, or marry and have children, or take care of your aging parents.

Well, some others would be people retiring, stay at home moms and dads, family caregivers, students, etc.

It would be someone who is being taken care of. Definitely not someone like me who is living on my own
So you will never retire, or marry and have children, or take care of your aging parents.

What does giving up looking for work because no one is calling you back have to do all that?

What does giving up looking for work because no one is calling you back have to do all that?
Nothing, and that is exactly the point!!!! Those I listed are the people who make up the "not in labor force."

Forum List

Back