U.S. doctor ads target expectant mothers in Mexico

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
US docs' ads target expectant Mexican moms

illegalmothervk9.gif

70% of the growth in usa was from immigrants....does the figure include BOTH illegal immigrants and legal immigrants? do you have the breakdown of that? OR are you against legal immigrants having children here as much as illegals having children here?

70% of the growth in usa was from immigrants....does the figure include BOTH illegal immigrants and legal immigrants? do you have the breakdown of that? OR are you against legal immigrants having children here as much as illegals having children here?

It includes all immigrants. Do you think we NEED more people in the U.S.? Do we have a shortage of traffic and pollution? Is over 300 MILLION too little? Immigration is not a sacred thing. We are running short on resources.

Out-of-control population growth threatens every aspect of life for not only the human residents of the U.S., but also the plant and animal inhabitants of our country. We are starting to run short on natural resources which we can't replace. In terms of energy, use of resources and infrastructure, people living in the U.S. will put a foot print on the world about forty times greater than someone living in an underdeveloped part of the world.

It sounds as if not enough Americans are giving birth and the doctors want to make money.

I can't blame them.

"People don't come for the citizenship," Duran said. "They come for the services and the technology that in some other places they don't have."
Bullshit. Save for the occasional high risk case, pregnancy and childbirth is not a pathology.
Emma...would you rather give birth in a hospital where you have to share a room with a bunch of others in third world conditions or in a hospital where you get your own suite and personal attention for you and your child? I know what my choice would be.

Where I live doctors and hospitals advertise all over South America, the Caribbean and central America for patients and no one seems to have the same xenophobic reaction that the op is having toward Mexican women.

:doubt:

"People don't come for the citizenship," Duran said. "They come for the services and the technology that in some other places they don't have."
Bullshit. Save for the occasional high risk case, pregnancy and childbirth is not a pathology.
Emma...would you rather give birth in a hospital where you have to share a room with a bunch of others in third world conditions or in a hospital where you get your own suite and personal attention for you and your child? I know what my choice would be.

Where I live doctors and hospitals advertise all over South America, the Caribbean and central America for patients and no one seems to have the same xenophobic reaction that the op is having toward Mexican women.

:doubt:

I think the way hospitals treat birthing moms is ridiculous.

Most studies do not break down legal and illegal because they imply don't know and hospitals are not allowed to ask. But I did read somewhere (numbers usa?) That it is estimated that half of Mexican are legal. That's why I don't question. Only a 50/50 chance they are illegal,

They often don't break down "Hispanci" either. That also confuses any discussion.

But it seems the OP is directed at illegal entry.If it was legal, there would be no need for advertising.

Forum List

Back