U.S. Department of Justice, FBI and FDLE to probe Trayvon Martin killing

Damn, you're an idiot. The police are still trying to find the perps in that case, the kid that got torched can't identify them.

Negged.

You should be negged

Cops seek teens who allegedly set fire to 13-year-old student - Crimesider - CBS News

Police: Juveniles laughed after setting 15-year-old on fire - CNN

There are others

Those too need to be charged.

Yes they do, so where is Eric Holder's FBI? Helping to find them? No. They can't be bothered; too busy, naturally, not that I would expect any better from that racist SOB (and if I ever get the chance I'll personally tell Holder that, to his sorry, bigoted, gutless face)! I really don't like bigots, no matter what race they belong to!

So we start with a lie, that a white guy killed him, we add in the fact every oneignores there was fight and that the Hispanic that did shoot him was on the ground with blood on his front and back, ignore the fact the cops found no cause to charge and then call in the feds. I got this right?
No.

Under Florida law there were no ground for arrest.

Federal law is a completely different matter.

Since when do you get to say you killed someone "in self defense" and not have to show any indication of the need for self-defense.
In Florida, since 2005:

The “Stand Your Ground” Law introduced two (2) conclusive presumptions that favor a criminal defendant who is making a self-defense claim:

The presumption that the defendant had a reasonable fear that deadly force was necessary; and

The presumption that the intruder intended to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

These two presumptions protect the defender from both civil and criminal prosecution for unlawful use of deadly or non-deadly force in self-defense. In addition, the defender/gun owner has no duty to retreat, regardless of where he is attacked, so long as he is in a place where he is lawfully entitled to be when the danger occurs.

Tampa, Florida Weapons Defense Lawyer :: Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” Law and Self-Defense :: Pasco County, Florida Criminal Attorney

Consequently, the statute requires law enforcement to presume Zimmerman had ‘reasonable fear’ and deadly force was necessary, Zimmerman has no burden to ‘prove’ self-defense was justified, or to provide evidence accordingly.

If one wishes to find a villain, look to the Florida State Legislature, not Zimmerman.

I got this from the link:

Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” Law

A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity, and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

F.S. §776.013(3)

I think the evidence is pretty clear as to who the attacker is in this case. It's on the 911 call: Zimmerman was pursuing Martin. In any case, that's for a judge to decide after a legal hearing where the defendant has the burden of proof in presenting the affirmative defense. Even under Florida's Stand Your Ground law, the victim is still represented by the state. But if local police take it upon themselves to usurp justice and dismiss the case by not making an arrest, what recourse does the victim have?

Why George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin’s killer, hasn’t been prosecuted. - Slate Magazine
It’s that decision not to press charges that makes Stand Your Ground laws, which a bunch of other states have adopted, a crazy departure from the past. It’s one thing to raise self-defense at trial. It’s another to have what the Florida Supreme Court calls “true immunity.” True immunity, the court said, means a trial judge can dismiss a prosecution, based on a Stand Your Ground assertion, before trial begins.
At least there’s supposed to be a hearing before that happens, at which the defendant has the burden of proof. And yet as the Hernandez and Martin’s case shows, Stand Your Ground laws often lead prosecutors to decide against so much as bringing charges. According to the Sun Sentinel, “In case after case during the past six years, Floridians who shot and killed unarmed opponents have not been prosecuted.”

Not a chance, Willow, not a chance; Holder and Obama believe they had a right to do that, or anything else. Gang attacks, murder rape and torture, voter intimidation; it's all good, justified payback for slavery and segregation, and don't you forget it. Meanwhile, the likes of Tim Wise and everyone else who has been brainwashed into feeling guilty for being born White will roll over, and beg them to do more of it. Well, I'll be damned if I will! Racism is racism, violence is violence, and hate is hate, and faced with a choice between condoning and permitting it, or fighting fire with fire, I choose the latter! I didn't stand around and let the KKK do it, and I'm not going to stand around and let people like Holder, and Salt here, do it either!
Damn, you're an idiot. The police are still trying to find the perps in that case, the kid that got torched can't identify them.

Negged.

For disagreeing with you? I'm HONORED! Do it all you want; I won't retaliate. I don't care about rep, and even if I did, YOU are not worth the bother. Now, go attack someone who may actually give a shit! Shoo!
No, I negged you for being a hack. Sorry it hurt your feelings.

Trayvon Martin Case: 911 Audio Released Of Teen Shot By Neighborhood Watch Captain (AUDIO)

The third one down, you can plainly hear this young boy screaming in terror for help and then two gunshots. People causing trouble don't scream for help. No surprise that right wingers are defending this. Remember, "Let him die"? and "applauding executions"?

You must have selective hearing/reading, because no one has 'defended this'. The only thing I see being questioned is the assumption that this event was racially motivated, no one is defending anything. Whether it was racitally motivated or not, it should be looked into further.

Yeah, I found the unedited 911 recordings. He says "these assholes always get away"

The original tape I heard was "bleeped" and there is a false report saying that the word was "*******". I shouldn't have believed that without hearing it for myself.

Some Florida newspapers are reporting "a**holes".

That is what he says. I found the uncensored version. I had heard one where "assholes" was bleeped out and then saw where it was reported that he had said "*******".

So no, I couldn't say if race played any part. But the guy got out of his car and pursued the kid and ended up killing him, despite knowing that police were on the way and being told not to pursue the kid. Just not smart.

You're right, he was completely out of line, regardless of what his motivation was.

Some Florida newspapers are reporting "a**holes".

That is what he says. I found the uncensored version. I had heard one where "assholes" was bleeped out and then saw where it was reported that he had said "*******".

So no, I couldn't say if race played any part. But the guy got out of his car and pursued the kid and ended up killing him, despite knowing that police were on the way and being told not to pursue the kid. Just not smart.

You're right, he was completely out of line, regardless of what his motivation was.

I think Zimmerman's motivation to murder Martin is less important right now than the Sanford Police Department's motivation to advocate for him by insisting he didn't commit a crime. There will always be racist individuals and hate will almost always produce regrettable decisions for those who choose to act upon it. That, unfortunately, will never be fully avoidable and no one expects it to be. But when those whose lawful duty it is to protect society from criminal behavior are they themselves motivated to actively usurp justice, the Rule of Law is lost if no higher legal authority intervenes on behalf of the people and victim.

Man has only those rights he can defend. Our most basic right is life. It's enshrined not only in our Constitution, but in the charter of the United Nations. The prohibition against taking a life is found in our most ancient texts and the statutes of every nation. Every murder, whether in Sanford Florida, Afghanistan, Uganda or Germany, demands punishment by whatever legal means possible. Otherwise, the right to life is just an empty promise. Timidity in the pursuit of murderers is no virtue. Our Founding Fathers affirmed life as an absolute right and if the laws protecting that right are to have any meaning, they must be given the broadest interpretation. The law against murder applies to all, no matter the perpetrator, the victim, or the town where the murder is committed. It is the one moral law that recognizes no national, racial or religious boundaries. It can tolerate no exceptions. There is one law. And when that law is broken, it is the duty of every officer of any court to rise up in defense of that law, and bring their full power and diligence to bear against the law breaker. Because, man has only those rights he can defend.

Yeah, I found the unedited 911 recordings. He says "these assholes always get away"

The original tape I heard was "bleeped" and there is a false report saying that the word was "*******". I shouldn't have believed that without hearing it for myself.

Link?

it appears according to this source, he did use a racial epitath, but not the one that got Mark Furhman in so much trouble.

ONTD_Political - Unedited Zimmerman Call Released: Racial Slur Clearly Audible

He shot a smaller, unarmed kid over a fist-fight. Unacceptable.

That said, several issues going on here.

First, I question why the police are going to the wall for this guy. This is what makes a lot of people angry, but I think it has less to do with race and more about how the police have come to depend on Neighborhood Watch organizations to help them do their jobs.

Second, while I think that there is a need to investigate Zimmerman thoroughly and appropriately punish him unless some mitigating evidence emerges, I'm a little bothered by how certain elements are trying to use this to push political agendas. Al Sharpton is all over this, and frankly, I just haven't forgotten his part in the Tawana Brawley fiasco or the Crown Heights riots.

The authors of Florida’s controversial Stand Your Ground law say the killer of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin probably should be arrested and doesn’t deserve immunity under the statute.

They believe it has been misapplied in the shooting death of Trayvon by a Sanford crime-watch captain, George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman has not been charged because, police said, it appears he acted in self-defense. The Seminole County state attorney’s office decided Tuesday to take the case before a grand jury.

“They got the goods on him. They need to prosecute whoever shot the kid,” said Peaden, a Crestview Republican who sponsored the deadly force law in 2005. “He has no protection under my law.”

Peaden and Baxley, R-Ocala, say their law is a self-defense act. It says law-abiding people have no duty to retreat from an attacker and can meet “force with force.” Nowhere does it say that a person has a right to confront another.

The 911 tapes strongly suggest Zimmerman overstepped his bounds, they say, when the Sanford neighborhood crime-watch captain said he was following Trayvon and appeared to ignore a police request to stay away.

“The guy lost his defense right then,” said Peaden. “When he said ‘I’m following him,’ he lost his defense.”

You just gotta know in advance how that's gonna go.
This is the same DOJ that refused to allow a double blind study into court identifying speeders by race on the Jersey Turnpike allegedly because the moonlight reflecting off the windshields conflicted with the sunlight bouncing off the windshields, making proper identification of the driver highly unlikely. Study results were as follows: Sixteen percent of all drivers, twentyfive per cent of all speeding violations, statistically significant number of the most egregious infractions.
You already know the outcome based on what Eric Holder allegedly carries with him in his wallet at all times (J Christian Adams, former DOJ voting rights attorney), a small slip of paper with an inscription reading "The black attorney and the black criminal have more in common than the black attorney does with the society he is sworn to represent"
No bias there. Just ask the Philadelphia NBPP.

Boy, the kooks over at CNN are gonna love this one. A Rodney King Redux for them. They're gonna stir that old Race-Baiting Pot for Months over this one. But i wont be watching. I gave up on CNN a long time ago.

Forum List

Back