U.S. defies world court with execution

There very title of the thread shows the disconnect between Lefties and most people. Our government, and the government of Texas are there to protect and serve us, not to give one damn flying fuck what the world court says about anything.

P.S. I know that it was not a lefty who made this thread, but the title of this thread is the headline most liberal media is using about this story, as if we should not do anything the world court says we should not do. This from the same crowd who thinks we need UN permission before we act.

SCREW THAT.

we fought the revolution so we did not have to listen to anyone else but ourselves.

Last edited:
There very title of the thread shows the disconnect between Lefties and most people. Our government, and the government of Texas are there to protect and serve us, not to give one damn flying fuck what the world court says about anything.

P.S. I know that it was not a lefty who made this thread, but the title of this thread is the headline most liberal media is using about this story, as if we should not do anything the world court says we should not do. This from the same crowd who thinks we need UN permission before we act.

SCREW THAT.

we fought the revolution so we did not have to listen to anyone else but ourselves.

Exactly....they're not here to appease world opinion.

SCREW THAT.

umm...I don't give a hoot what the world court thinks or does. I'm just saying, if I was arrested in a foreign country, I'd want MY country to care if I got a free trial. Because, basically, I don't trust anyone else to come close to our justice system.

But go right ahead and make it out that "lefties" support assholes like this guys sounds to be.

umm...I don't give a hoot what the world court thinks or does. I'm just saying, if I was arrested in a foreign country, I'd want MY country to care if I got a free trial. Because, basically, I don't trust anyone else to come close to our justice system.

But go right ahead and make it out that "lefties" support assholes like this guys sounds to be.

And again the World Court has NOTHING to do with getting you a fair trial in bum fuck Egypt.

Sorry if It sounding like I was saying all lefties, Just some of them do.

This guy had a trial and Several appeals, He had excellant counsel provided to him, and now his home country is arguing they could provide better. Sorry we have already wasted a lot of money jailing this guy, and giving him a trail and appeals. Game over he loses.

Moral of the story, if you want the legal counsel of your home country when you are in another country. It might help to be in that country legally.

IMO people who enter this country illegally and live here for years illegally have no right to seek the consulate counsel of the nation they came from anyways. If he wanted that right, maybe he should have entered the country legally.

Exactly my point! My major heartburn in this case is it took far too long for TX to get to the execution part. They should have been able to get to this point in 8 years or less. They need to visit the Eastern District of Virginia and be introduced to the "Rocket Docket." (And, its state corollary, Fairfax county circuit court). If you get on the docket, your case WILL be finished in one year. Period. No exceptions. Justice need not take forever.

I don't know if legal status matters that much. In this case, I can see where you'd not consider it...but in a case where an employee of the government was gathering covert information...or just some hapless idiot that couldn't make sense of immigration policy.

Anywho, this guy sounded like a creep of the first magnitude. But I would still want my country to give a shit.

Sorry if It sounding like I was saying all lefties, Just some of them do.

This guy had a trial and Several appeals, He had excellant counsel provided to him, and now his home country is arguing they could provide better. Sorry we have already wasted a lot of money jailing this guy, and giving him a trail and appeals. Game over he loses.

Moral of the story, if you want the legal counsel of your home country when you are in another country. It might help to be in that country legally.

Yeah and if Mexico cares about their counsel so much, how about if we send all the illegal Mexicans currently sitting in US jails on charges of murder and other capital crimes back to Mexico and have them shoulder the burden of trying all these damn criminals and then jailing them in Mexico for the rest of their lives (since they don't have the death penalty).

Anywho, this guy sounded like a creep of the first magnitude. But I would still want my country to give a shit.

Every thing I have read and heard leads me to believe his country would have given a shit if he had bothered to ask for their help.

I do not agree with you that legal status does not matter. I do not see why you deserve the legal counsel of your home nations when you leave that nation to enter another country illegally and live there for years illegally. If this guy was just here on vacation or on a visa that would be one thing, but that was not the case.

Every thing I have read and heard leads me to believe his country would have given a shit if he had bothered to ask for their help.

I do not agree with you that legal status does not matter. I do not see why you deserve the legal counsel of your home nations when you leave that nation to enter another country illegally and live there for years illegally. If this guy was just here on vacation or on a visa that would be one thing, but that was not the case.
I think Mexico's problem was they weren't sure if the perp was told he had any right to contact the Mexican consulate.

And, sigh, IMO, we have no choice but to treat criminals as if they are presumed innocent. Despite their status, they are still under our jurisdiction.

I think Mexico's problem was they weren't sure if the perp was told he had any right to contact the Mexican consulate.

And, sigh, IMO, we have no choice but to treat criminals as if they are presumed innocent. Despite their status, they are still under our jurisdiction.

Dear why are you assuming he was not treated as innocent? He had a trail and multiple appeals, and legal counsel through them all.

I dunno...maybe only if I'm a con, no?

no! :lol: remember equal protection under the law...?

seriously, it seems to me he got a fair trial. i understand you're thinking about the precedent of being protected by participation in the world court, but as charles pointed out, if you are in another country illegally and rape and murder a couple of girls, expect the law to come down as hard as possible.

Yeah, I know, it does sound like he's guilty as hell. Nevertheless, I would hope if I got tried and convicted in another country, my country would want to ensure I got treated fairly before they pulled the plug.

Uh, guys, all the Court is doing is objecting over a matter of procedure. They're saying that anyone tried in a foreign country [anywhere] should be allowed to recieve counsel from their country of citizenship. They're not defending this particular criminal or asking the US to free him or anything of that sort.

0_o

Forum List

Back