U.S. Defense Officials Reject Iraqi Colonel's Claim that U.S. Troops Live in 'Prison-

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
so when is he gonna put his money where his promises are and bring the damn troops home doyathink?

WASHINGTON -- An Iraqi military commander on Monday likened the present state of American GIs in his country to being "under house arrest," a comment passed off as "grandstanding" by a senior U.S. defense official.

Col. Ali Fadhil, a brigade commander in Baghdad, said Monday that American combat troops basically are living in "prison-like" conditions since they cannot patrol as freely as they did prior to the completion of the June 30 pullback of troops to outside urban areas. The pullback is part of a U.S.-Iraqi Strategic Forces Agreement that requires all U.S. troops out of Iraq by the end of 2011.

"They are now more passive than before," Fadhil told The Associated Press. "I also feel that the Americans soldiers are frustrated because they used to have many patrols, but now they cannot. Now, the American soldiers are in prison-like bases as if they are under house arrest."

U.S. Defense Officials Reject Iraqi Colonel's Claim that U.S. Troops Live in 'Prison-Like Bases' - Political News - FOXNews.com

Clearly Col. Ali Fadhil doesn't know what a Military base is nor is he aware of the Security around such a base. To any uneducated stupid person it would appear like it's a prison but once inside...he would see that they live a much better life than Col. Fadhil could.

Muhaaahaaa

Notice how suddenly and completely the liberals have stopped screaming "bring the troops home"? :lol::lol:

Clearly Col. Ali Fadhil doesn't know what a Military base is nor is he aware of the Security around such a base. To any uneducated stupid person it would appear like it's a prison but once inside...he would see that they live a much better life than Col. Fadhil could.

Muhaaahaaa

Yeah, for the Air Force.

I spent a year on a base where we had to burn shit, and that was considered sophisticated.

Oh phone calls home to the wife with a 5 second delay, how I miss thee.

Forum List

Back