U.S. Considers Housing Haitian Refugees at Guantanamo Bay

And if the talk wasn't about closing the base then how does housing refugees there make talk of just closing the prisons look silly?

Military planners are considering housing Haitian refugees at "Camp Justice," the guest quarters for media, U.S. officials and military commissioners at Guantanamo Bay detention facility, after a devastating earthquake in Haiti Tuesday afternoon left thousands homeless.

"It's a resource that's available if we need to take advantage of it for various reasons," Gen. Douglas Fraser, head of the U.S. Southern Command, told reporters Wednesday. "We're looking across the region to just understand what the possibilities are there."

Two senior Defense Department officials told Fox News on Wednesday that no final determination has been made since the military is still in its "assessment" mode, but it is a possibility.

"We are certainly keeping that option open," one official said.

FOXNews.com - U.S. Considers Housing Haitian Refugees at Guantanamo Bay

Guantanamo Bay isn't fit for terrorists,, and they are going to put refugees there? That's just pure stupid.

What the Hell!!!!! What have the Haitians ever done to deserve this???? I have been told that GITMO is the worst place on God's Green Earth, that it's a cruel and desolate place not even fit for the worst of the terrorists.:lol:

my entire point, which you missed, is that it is stupid to talk about closing gitmo as if it is just the place gitmo that is bad

How am I supposed to interpret this as anything other than talking about the entire base?

so you really thought when i kept referring to the supermax facility i meant they would close the entire base and send everyone to the SUPERMAX base in obama's home state.....

obtuse doesn't look good on you, i've seen a few good men, and you can't handle the truth, so you wear an obtuse hat :razz:

its actually quite comical

gitmo is so bad we have to close gitmo and move them to a SUPERMAX prison in obama's home state....

but, we can send refugees there....undoubtedly they won't be housed in the same conditions, but it makes the whole gitmo evil thing even more silly than claiming a SUPERMAX prison in obama's homestate will be better than gitmo

We are not closing GITMO, you dolt.

care to take back this stupid post?

Forum List

Back