U.S. Congress Moves To Protect Military Dogs

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The Canadian blogger, War News Updates Editor, sends the following video worth watching:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_23RoeJfI0&feature=player_embedded]MWD and handler tribute - YouTube[/ame]

Measure To Protect Retired Military Dogs Clears Congress (Video) -- KPBS

Dogs who serve in the United States military would be ensured a good home and proper care in retirement under a measure that cleared Congress last week, and now awaits the signature of President Barack Obama.

The measure was attached as an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013. It would re-classify military working dogs as members of the armed forces, rather than military equipment, and allow military working dogs who are not able to be adopted in retirement to be sent to 341st Training Squadron at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio to live.

Read more ....Measure To Protect Retired Military Dogs Clears Congress (Video) | KPBS.org

My Comment: Long overdue. The video tribute above is also a must see.

And I completely agree!

I support this measure.

Here are some photos from World War II

x_74bff954.jpg

11105124031669_451d.jpg

CoastGuardDogLine_BP_10.jpg

...and more recently...

2011_5_25_PHOTOGALLERY-515b333af972.jpg

a U.S. soldier with the 10th Special Forces Group and his dog leap off the ramp of a CH-47 Chinook helicopter during water training over the Gulf of Mexico

Forum List

Back