U.S. Can't account for cash

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
The U.S. Government knows it awarded nearly $18 billion in contracts for rebuilding Afghanistan over the past three years but it can't account for spending before 2007.

Funny, one more myth exploded. The party of 'fiscal conservatives' had control of the White House and the Congress when YOUR tax dollars went missing.

For those who like to be informed, please see the link below. For the willfully ignorant, you are now able to sidetrack this thread with your usual idiotgrams (a shout-out to CrusaderFrank and the echo chamber).

U.S. can't untangle billions in Bush-era Afghan spending | McClatchy

"Data got better from 2007 on," said Susan Phalen, a spokeswoman with SIGAR, "but it remains to be seen whether we'll ever know how much U.S. agencies spent overall."

And what was different beginning in 2007? The Democrats controlled the Congress.

Last edited:
Hardly surprising---our Government can't find it's ass with both hands on a good day. All the more reason not to trust them with a dime.

Now why do you suppose Haliburton moved to Dubai? Wouldn't have a thing to do with the fact that Dubai has no extradition treaty with the US would it?

Cheney and his pals made tens of billions off of the blood of our sons and daughters.

• Banned
Hardly surprising---our Government can't find it's ass with both hands on a good day. All the more reason not to trust them with a dime.

Nice spin. One might say the American people cannot be trusted with firearms, since a few criminals kill innocents.
There seems to have been little of no oversight by the Bush Administration and the Republican controlled Congress over the use of our tax dollars.
Today, because the R's screwed up the economy, they needed to put on sheeps clothing and rename themselves 'tea party patriots'. Only the stupid would vote for the wolf simply because it changed its appearance.

• Banned
So... we want to trust the feds with our health care and social security, why??

Think about your post. The "feds" at the time were Republicans. The thieves appear to be private companies who took taxpayer money and used it for themselves, not the authorized purpose. The R's were either incompetent, dishonest or both.
Today the R's hope to gain power, and abolish social security and medicare, giving the same private sector an opportunity to rip off the American taxpayer once again.

Think about your post. The "feds" at the time were Republicans. The thieves appear to be private companies who took taxpayer money and used it for themselves, not the authorized purpose. The R's were either incompetent, dishonest or both.
Today the R's hope to gain power, and abolish social security and medicare, giving the same private sector an opportunity to rip off the American taxpayer once again.

So you don't think democrats are used just as much by corporate interests as republicans?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bush-Rove-Cheney took the definitions of fiscal responsibility and conservatism, turned them on their heads, and took a generation of lemmings over the cliff with them. Obama took a litany of campaign promises to undo much of what he inherited then doubled down on war, imprisonment, and fiscal irresponsibility.
Neither is defensible.

Last edited:
Just trying to justify your parties crappy spending habits by blaming Bush?

Seriously, when are you going to realize that both parties have totally screwed us with spending our money? The problem is never going to be fixed if we keep blaming the others and pretending the other party had no part in it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

So you don't think democrats are used just as much by corporate interests as republicans?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No I don't. But that's not the point of this thread. I believe the USSC really fucked up in the Citizens United v. FEC matter - well, the five conservatives did anyway. If you object to "corporate interests" you must agree. That, however, is for another thread.

And yet, despite this, the cold, hard, independently documented fact is that Pelosi's congress is less ethical and transparent than the previous one.

Who'd have thunk that?

I was shocked!

Shocked!

SHOCKED, I tell ya!

Pelosi's congress is more corrupt? The US has deteriorated in its ethics in 2009/10? Where's the outrage from the left about this?

And yet, despite this, the cold, hard, independently documented fact is that Pelosi's congress is less ethical and transparent than the previous one.

Who'd have thunk that?

I was shocked!

Shocked!

SHOCKED, I tell ya!

Pelosi's congress is more corrupt? The US has deteriorated in its ethics in 2009/10? Where's the outrage from the left about this?

stay on topic young lady!!!:cheers2: ethics schmethics...

Just trying to justify your parties crappy spending habits by blaming Bush?

Seriously, when are you going to realize that both parties have totally screwed us with spending our money? The problem is never going to be fixed if we keep blaming the others and pretending the other party had no part in it.

There is a difference between "blaming the others" and pointing out facts and suggesting what happened before is likely to happen again. The "crappy spending habits" have been exposed by the special inspector general for Afghan Reconstruction, under direction from the Obama Adminsitration to make our nation's spending transparent.

No I don't. But that's not the point of this thread. I believe the USSC really fucked up in the Citizens United v. FEC matter - well, the five conservatives did anyway. If you object to "corporate interests" you must agree. That, however, is for another thread.

No I don't agree, at all. But like you said that's for another thread.

The point of the thread is that Bush allowed corporate interests to fuck America with our own tax dollars.

I said indeed he did. So why should we let the federal government spend more of our tax dollars to fuck us over?

I'll wait.

Who'd have thunk that?

I was shocked!

Shocked!

SHOCKED, I tell ya!

Where's the evidence to support your (hysterical) allegations, CG? [btw, haven't you been on a quest to convince others you're not a partisan hack? Failed]

Who'd have thunk that?

I was shocked!

Shocked!

SHOCKED, I tell ya!

stay on topic young lady!!!:cheers2: ethics schmethics...

My bad.

I'm just wondering how many billions we'll be talking about in a year or two about THIS Congress.... since they've spent considerably more than the previous one. And, they are not as ethical as the previous one..... :eusa_whistle:

In a couple of years, will WhineCrapper be outraged at the missing billions of the Pelosi congress? We need to bookmark this thread and see.

Who'd have thunk that?

I was shocked!

Shocked!

SHOCKED, I tell ya!

To be fair, the liberal outrage is the same place the conservative outrage was when Bush was in office. Sadly, it doesn't exist.

The U.S. Government knows it awarded nearly $18 billion in contracts for rebuilding Afghanistan over the past three years but it can't account for spending before 2007.

Funny, one more myth exploded. The party of 'fiscal conservatives' had control of the White House and the Congress when YOUR tax dollars went missing.

For those who like to be informed, please see the link below. For the willfully ignorant, you are now able to sidetrack this thread with your usual idiotgrams (a shout-out to CrusaderFrank and the echo chamber).

U.S. can't untangle billions in Bush-era Afghan spending | McClatchy

"Data got better from 2007 on," said Susan Phalen, a spokeswoman with SIGAR, "but it remains to be seen whether we'll ever know how much U.S. agencies spent overall."

And what was different beginning in 2007? The Democrats controlled the Congress.

What exactly did the Democrats do in 2007 to correct this problem? Why didn't they do it before 2007 if they knew there was a problem?

Who'd have thunk that?

I was shocked!

Shocked!

SHOCKED, I tell ya!

Where's the evidence to support your (hysterical) allegations, CG? [btw, haven't you been on a quest to convince others you're not a partisan hack? Failed]

Now, ordinarily I would tell you to go research it. But, I'm in caring, sharing mode today... and, conveniently, I started a thread about it.... which apparently is a tad too hard for the left to address. Cuz it's all verified, unbiased, well researched information from an internationally respected non partisan organization. Ouch.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/139020-pelosis-most-ethical-and-transparent-congress.html

The above thread contains a link to Transparency International. Feel free to google them, and try to shoot the messenger if you want. Won't work.

For the bone fucking idle. In short - the US has slipped to 22nd in the world rankings during 2009/10.

Forum List

Back