U.S. Border Patrol gets creative in recruitment

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
updated 1 hour, 31 minutes ago

EL PASO, Texas - A NASCAR race car, sponsored by the U.S. Border Patrol. Billboards hundreds of kilometers from the Rio Grande, promoting a career as a border agent. TV commercials for the federal agency, aired during Dallas Cowboys games.

With the Border Patrol undergoing an unprecedented hiring boom, the agency is going to extraordinary lengths to compete with police departments around the country for an unusually small pool of qualified applicants.

"We've not done anything this ambitious before," said Assistant Chief Michael Olsen. "Our biggest task, our biggest hurdle, is just getting our message out to parts of the country that maybe didn't know we existed."

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22599107/

IMO, the problem is they don't pay enough for ANYONE to live along the Southwest border. It's a pretty desolate place.

Its a federal position... With tremendous room for advancment...

If I was 27 and hungry again.... I'd be mov'in back to Loredo!!!

Its a federal position... With tremendous room for advancment...

If I was 27 and hungry again.... I'd be mov'in back to Loredo!!!

Must have lived there a LONG time ago since you can't even spell it.:rofl:

Yes, it has its perks, but not enough to move to Laredo, or anywhere on the southern Texas border for that matter. IMO, anyway.

If I had to live in Laredo, or even El Paso, I don't think they would want me to be armed.....

Must have lived there a LONG time ago since you can't even spell it.:rofl:

Yes, it has its perks, but not enough to move to Laredo, or anywhere on the southern Texas border for that matter. IMO, anyway.

We lived there for two years...

It was nice!

Forum List

Back