U.S. Attorney Under George W. Ditches GOP Over ‘Dangerous Demagogue’ Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5797b0381200007404a5385c.jpeg

Marcos Daniel Jiménez said he is no longer a member of the Republican Party because it has turned into a “party of hate.”

Marcos Daniel Jiménez isn’t buying Trump’s “law and order” act.

Marcos Daniel Jiménez, a former U.S attorney appointed by President George W. Bush, rescinded his Republican Party membership Monday night in a Facebook post claiming the party’s core principles had been hijacked by an unstable leader.

“I have decided that I will no longer be associated in any way with a party that is led by a bigoted, dangerous demagogue and that has become a party dominated by fear, anger and hate,” said the status, first reported by Politico.

In the post, which is no longer publicly available, Jiménez appeared to take a shot at GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump. “Republicans should make no mistake about this,” he wrote. “You now clearly belong to the party of hate … you are supporting a strongman who believes all of that.”

Trump has dubbed himself the “law and order candidate,” but Jiménez ― whose LinkedIn profile says he was “head of the largest organized crime drug enforcement task force in the U.S.” during his time as a U.S. attorney ― doesn’t seem to buy it.

Despite previous reports, Jiménez said his Facebook post was not deleted. When asked for comment, he told The Huffington Post via email that what he wrote “is self-explanatory.” He offered to send it in an email, but did not respond in time for publishing.

Jiménez is just the latest example of a Republican jumping ship over the party’s presidential nominee. Since Trump’s ascension, a handful of influential Republican leaders have bowed out of the GOP. Last month, prominent conservative journalist and commentator George Will changed his voter registration to “unaffiliated” and Iowa state Sen. David Johnson switched from Republican to independent.

At the Republican National Convention last week, chaos erupted when delegates began a “roll call” chant in a last-ditch effort to present a united front against the Trump campaign. The scene exposed the lingering tension between Trump supporters and the so-called Never Trump movement.

H/T Raw Story

Wow, I just love honorable and sane Republicans! Reminds me of the good old days when I voted more Republican than Democrat. Marcos Daniel Jiménez, I salute you, Sir!

From the OP:

Marcos Daniel Jiménez said he is no longer a member of the Republican Party because it has turned into a “party of hate.”

Amen!

Marcos Daniel Jiménez, a former U.S attorney appointed by President George W. Bush, rescinded his Republican Party membership Monday night in a Facebook post claiming the party’s core principles had been hijacked by an unstable leader.

“I have decided that I will no longer be associated in any way with a party that is led by a bigoted, dangerous demagogue and that has become a party dominated by fear, anger and hate,” said the status, first reported by Politico.

In the post, which is no longer publicly available, Jiménez appeared to take a shot at GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump. “Republicans should make no mistake about this,” he wrote. “You now clearly belong to the party of hate … you are supporting a strongman who believes all of that.”

Trump has dubbed himself the “law and order candidate,” but Jiménez ― whose LinkedIn profile says he was “head of the largest organized crime drug enforcement task force in the U.S.” during his time as a U.S. attorney ― doesn’t seem to buy it.

Despite previous reports, Jiménez said his Facebook post was not deleted. When asked for comment, he told The Huffington Post via email that what he wrote “is self-explanatory.” He offered to send it in an email, but did not respond in time for publishing.

Jiménez is just the latest example of a Republican jumping ship over the party’s presidential nominee. Since Trump’s ascension, a handful of influential Republican leaders have bowed out of the GOP. Last month, prominent conservative journalist and commentator George Will changed his voter registration to “unaffiliated” and Iowa state Sen. David Johnson switched from Republican to independent.

At the Republican National Convention last week, chaos erupted when delegates began a “roll call” chant in a last-ditch effort to present a united front against the Trump campaign. The scene exposed the lingering tension between Trump supporters and the so-called Never Trump movement.

H/T Raw Story

Wow, I just love honorable and sane Republicans! Reminds me of the good old days when I voted more Republican than Democrat. Marcos Daniel Jiménez, I salute you, Sir!
A U.S. Attorney? Wow, he is an important guy. There are, what, only 93 of those guys. Trump just lost a whole 1% of the U.S. attorney vote.

H/T Raw Story

A U.S. Attorney? Wow, he is an important guy. There are, what, only 93 of those guys. Trump just lost a whole 1% of the U.S. attorney vote.

It's Tonto...let him squeal

H/T Raw Story

Plus he worked in the Bush administration - the RINO administration, that is.

H/T Raw Story

IDK anything about him and have never heard of him....he can't be too important

Hm, the enablers of corruption are jumping off the sinking ship. Very cool!!!

H/T Raw Story

He's one of 93 U.S. attorneys that worked during the Bush administration. How important can he be?

It's sooo hilarious that the only time law and order matter to NaziCons is when it supports their agenda - but not when it doesn't.

H/T Raw Story

He's one of 93 U.S. attorneys that worked during the Bush administration. How important can he be?

In other words:

upload_2016-7-26_20-55-17.jpeg

It's sooo hilarious that the only time law and order matter to NaziCons is when it supports their agenda - but not when it doesn't.

How many people do you suppose have left the democrat party in the last few days? I mean given there is Demxit going on, Sanders supporters are livid....

H/T Raw Story

In other words:

upload_2016-7-26_20-56-12.jpeg

Forum List

Back