U.S. attorney general opens criminal probe of Gulf oil spill

Like a bad company that focuses on blame rather than solutions to problems, this too will end in nothing gained... and to the detriment of those with a stake in the game... everyone will only end up worse off, on all sides

It is truly amazing how far the right will stretch logic and reason to justify not punishing corporations for their misdeeds.

Why do you insult yourself like this?

Funny... please show where I stated opposition to punishing any company with criminal misdeeds.. Seems to me that I stated that if upon investigation, after problem solution, if there is evidence of criminal wrongdoing resulting in the mishap, then by all means proceed

Anyone who argues for delaying justice is arguing for denying justice.

If someone is beaten so bad they go into a coma, we don't wait for the victim to recover before going after the perp.

Assess the problem, implement your solutions, help in any way possible to prevent more damage, investigate when the problem is solved and information is gathered, and if there is reasonable cause to charge someone with negligence or a crime, go for it then

Do you think BP's attorneys are busy trying to stop the leak right now?

Do you think their IT staff is?

Your question and associated intent is irrelevant

I just wanna make sure I get this straight-

while BP's attorneys are busy putting together a defense for the onslaught of civil and criminal charges....

our attorneys - who have legal degrees, not engineering degrees - should be busy devising a way to plug the leak.

OK.

Assess the problem, implement your solutions, help in any way possible to prevent more damage, investigate when the problem is solved and information is gathered, and if there is reasonable cause to charge someone with negligence or a crime, go for it then

And again, another conservative abandons his own argument. How can anyone believe someone who won't stand up for their own words and ideas.

It was *you* who claimed having DOJ lawyers go after BP will somehow delay a solution to the leaking oil even though even you (now) admit those lawyers are doing nothing to stop the leak.

Next you'll argue that BP IT people are doing nothing and it's all Obama's fault.

You can spew as much name-calling as it takes to satisfy your feelings of inadequacy related to your inability to discuss the (LOL!) long investigation of Iraqs' WMD, but it won't stop me from noticing your argument got blown out of the water.

That's why you pretend we invaded Iraq for "KNOWN VIOLATIONS OF THE CEASE-FIRE AGREEMENT" and not for non-existent WMDs or non-existent links to Al Queda. HOwever, I must admit I was almost convinced you were right by your extensive use of capitalized words. Capitalizing phrases ALWAYS makes an argument more powerful

And here we go.... might I suggest actually reading the complete motherfucking terms of ceasefire and the list of the REPEATED violations of said cease fire.... then you may wish to look up the consequences of violating a cease fire agreement

It is your inane argument that was blown out of the water....

You would know nothing about a powerful argument, since you attempted to make one that has repeatedly been blown out of the water

The one thing I love about wingnuts is how they make absurd arguments and then stick to them no matter what.

Do you really expect anyone to believe thast our invasion of Iraq wasn't because of his non-existent WMD's and his non-existent links to OBL? Do you have the cojones to explicitely admit that you think it was not because of the WMD's and the links to Al Queda or will you continue to hide behind the generic sounding "violations of a cease fire agreement"?

You are seriously deluded.

Were the continued bombing etc in direct association with discovered WoMD's? No.... the violations were continual about everything from no-fly-zone infringement to non-compliance with inspections...

Nice try though

And you with your clear left-wing assertions calling someone a wingnut?? Laughable

Please read the terms of cease fire and the COMPLETE resolution backing the continuation of hostilities in Iraq

Hell.. I actually served under Bush I and Clinton and regret that we never finished the job completely the first time around....

I would hope that the investigation begins in Washington D.C. and goes back to ALL those involved with okaying deep water drilling. Should have been mandatory that ALL state-of-the-art safety devices be used regardless of the cost.This goes back a few elections I am sure.

As in this case would be like the average person spending 2¢ extra for a safety device for their car to prevent it from breaking into open flame on the highway, maybe less relative to the % of respective incomes.

I think the 'finger pointing' begins in Washington D.C. and spreads out from there. It isn't JUST BP's fault.

And again, another conservative abandons his own argument. How can anyone believe someone who won't stand up for their own words and ideas.

It was *you* who claimed having DOJ lawyers go after BP will somehow delay a solution to the leaking oil even though even you (now) admit those lawyers are doing nothing to stop the leak.

Next you'll argue that BP IT people are doing nothing and it's all Obama's fault.

Again... another left winger getting it wrong

No.. it was me who said that the focus should indeed be on the solution to the issue... with the investigation to take place after such an event so that all the information can be properly assessed... and that if, upon that time, there is reason to conduct a criminal or civil trial, so be it

But nice try, winger

while BP's attorneys are busy putting together a defense for the onslaught of civil and criminal charges....

our attorneys - who have legal degrees, not engineering degrees - should be busy devising a way to plug the leak.

OK.

Please show the direct quotes showing I said any such thing

Typical behavior of a moonbat though...

I feel so much better knowing the government is getting involved and knowing how quickly and efficiently they operate along with always making the best decisions and laws that are only meant to protect us from ourselves since we are so incapable of doing that.

OK.

What is your plan exactly? So far all I've gathered is for some odd reason you think we should wait as long as possible before investigating. That seems kind of stupid.

I feel so much better knowing the government is getting involved and knowing how quickly and efficiently they operate along with always making the best decisions and laws that are only meant to protect us from ourselves since we are so incapable of doing that.

Who would you prefer conduct criminal investigations in this case? Vigilante mobs of ordinary citizens? Because we down here in Louisiana would be fine with that, too.

OK.

You said, and I quote

Seems to me that I stated that if upon investigation, after problem solution, if there is evidence of criminal wrongdoing resulting in the mishap, then by all means proceed

Justice delayed is justice denied. You are arguing for delaying justice, ergo you are arguing for denying justice.

When someone gets beaten so bad they go into a coma, the police don't wait for the victim to recover before going after the perp.

And bush didn't wait for the IAEA to ivestigate Iraqs mythical WMDs. So far, all you've done is absurdly argue that we didn't invade Iraq because of the WMD's; it was because of cease fire violations!!!!:lol::lol:

Who would you prefer conduct criminal investigations in this case? Vigilante mobs of ordinary citizens? Because we down here in Louisiana would be fine with that, too.

I think either would be better than the current government. I also think it is a great idea to boycott BP so they run out of money and resources in trying to clean up this mess. That makes a lot of sense to me.

OK.

What is your plan exactly? So far all I've gathered is for some odd reason you think we should wait as long as possible before investigating. That seems kind of stupid.

Do you start an after action report while an incident is still happening? Do you conduct an autopsy while the patient is still dying? Do you start having police and investigators grill the doctor about possible mistakes and criminality while they are still in the process of trying to save the life of and comfort the patient?? Do you start the arson investigation before the fire is out and all information can be gathered? Does the presence of investigators, interviewing, digging into information, etc help the finding of a solution?.... No.... all that you suggest does is changes focus away from the problem at hand...

Thank God you don't run anything in the real world...

Oh... and nice try to make it seem like I am saying to wait 'as long as possible'... in some feeble attempt to add power to your stance... the problem is that I never suggested such a thing

OK.

The conservative plan is to attack Obama and protect BP. That's it

That's why DD doesn't have the moral fiber to explain how investigating potential crimes will impede the search for a solution to the leaking oil. He knows his argument is a fraud, but he doesnt have the backbone to stand up for his own arguments.

All he can do is repeat his slogans; He can't back them up with logic. After all, you can't squeeze blood from a stone, or logic from a supporter of corporate welfare who is crying for his nanny state binky

OK.

You said, and I quote

Seems to me that I stated that if upon investigation, after problem solution, if there is evidence of criminal wrongdoing resulting in the mishap, then by all means proceed

Justice delayed is justice denied. You are arguing for delaying justice, ergo you are arguing for denying justice.

When someone gets beaten so bad they go into a coma, the police don't wait for the victim to recover before going after the perp.

And bush didn't wait for the IAEA to ivestigate Iraqs mythical WMDs. So far, all you've done is absurdly argue that we didn't invade Iraq because of the WMD's; it was because of cease fire violations!!!!:lol::lol:

I will repeat

Do you start an after action report while an incident is still happening? Do you conduct an autopsy while the patient is still dying? Do you start having police and investigators grill the doctor about possible mistakes and criminality while they are still in the process of trying to save the life of and comfort the patient?? Do you start the arson investigation before the fire is out and all information can be gathered? Does the presence of investigators, interviewing, digging into information, etc help the finding of a solution?.... No.... all that you suggest does is changes focus away from the problem at hand...

Please show where there is evidence of a 'perp'

Violations of cease fire happened continually before the continuation of Iraq hostilities.... the violations of cease-fire were thoroughly noted and agreed upon by multiple sources including the intel community and all levels of numerous government agencies and government representatives

Please read the resolution, before you make yourself look more like an ignorant winger than you have already shown

I think either would be better than the current government. I also think it is a great idea to boycott BP so they run out of money and resources in trying to clean up this mess. That makes a lot of sense to me.

They have $100,000,000,000 in assets. I think that should cover it.

The conservative plan is to attack Obama and protect BP. That's it

That's why DD doesn't have the moral fiber to explain how investigating potential crimes will impede the search for a solution to the leaking oil. He knows his argument is a fraud, but he doesnt have the backbone to stand up for his own arguments.

All he can do is repeat his slogans; He can't back them up with logic. After all, you can't squeeze blood from a stone, or logic from a supporter of corporate welfare who is crying for his nanny state binky

Please show where I attacked or blamed Obama for this... and please show where I advocated protecting BP from any possible criminal or civil proceedings...

your feeble attempt to twist around statements shows the lack of critical thinking within your winger mind

I fully stand by my approach... as a problem solver, professional, business leader, and as a veteran of our armed forces.... I solve problems for a living and have probably been doing it since you were in diapers.. and what is being proposed by the action of the AG, and support by the left wing ilk such as whiny tuba and yourself, does not help the problem situation... nor does it mean someone is getting a 'leg up' at any future investigation that would happen after problem resolution

Thank God you don't run anything in the real world...

Oh... and nice try to make it seem like I am saying to wait 'as long as possible'... in some feeble attempt to add power to your stance... the problem is that I never suggested such a thing

As it should be obvious by now, YOU HAVE NO PLAN. All you can do is repeat your slogans. Too bad you can't back them up with facts and logic.

Do you start an after action report while an incident is still happening?
If an incident is ongoing, the police file an incident report

Do you conduct an autopsy while the patient is still dying?
If a patient is dying because of a criminal act, the police don't wait for the victim to die before going after the perp

Do you start having police and investigators grill the doctor about possible mistakes and criminality while they are still in the process of trying to save the life of and comfort the patient??

If the patients doctors are suspected of malpractice or criminal behavior, then they are taken off the patients case and they are questioned while the patients new doctors care for the patient.

Do you start the arson investigation before the fire is out and all information can be gathered?

Yes. When firefighters see signs of arson, they don't wait for the fire to burn the evidence before they collect it. Boy, you sure are dumb

Does the presence of investigators, interviewing, digging into information, etc help the finding of a solution?....

Yes, it does. Most people realize that solutions come easier when you know what the problem is. Too bad conservatives dont know what even little children understand

all that you suggest does is changes focus away from the problem at hand...

And again, you demonstrate a lack in character by not explaining how having DOJ lawyers investigating BP will affect the stopping of the leaking oil.

Like I said, you can't explain yourself. All you can do is repeat your silly delusions

Do you start an after action report while an incident is still happening?

They aren't writing "after action" reports, whatever the fuck that even means in a legal context. They are investigating criminal and civil wrongdoing that has already happened.

Do you start the arson investigation before the fire is out and all information can be gathered?
This happens with forest fires all the time you moron. But I guess you'd prefer to give the arsonist time to get away in these cases - either because you are stupid - or because you're willing to twist logic in any way you need to be against every single action by the Obama administration.

How long should we wait, genius? Until the evidence is destroyed? Until BP has had sufficient time to construct believable lies? Until statutes of limitations and prescriptions run out and its too late to file? Please, oh legal genius, enlighten us!

Forum List

Back