U.S. Army to purchase .50 caliber long-range sniper rifles

My first rifle was a bolt action .22lr with a tubular magazine. The first pistol I shot was a DeutscheWerke 7.65/.32 with an eight shot clip.

Its a 10 round...

MAGAZINE!!

Not a "clip".

Hate that.....
Tsk, tsk...what political incorrectness!
And some people talk about "grammar Nazis"!

Us Older Guys still use the term Clip and the younger pukes use that to feel superior. If they ever had to reload a SKS, they would be dead long before their tiny brains would figure out how to reload it. Or trying to figure out how to reload a trapdoor bolt action. Actually, there are Clips to easily and fast reload mags. So I'll still continue to use the term Clips whether it's a clip or a mag and let the weaker minded PC Nazis keep commenting.

My first rifle was a .22long with a clip.I then had a good old M-1 with a CLIP and later a M-14 with a magazine.
Using the proper terminology is essential to communication. If you choose not to communicate properly, don't get pissed off when someone misunderstands you.

I should have prefaced my comment I suppose, so that it was understood by everyone that I have no doubt the OP was merely repeating the text of the story in the link and is the sort of person who not only knows what a magazine is and the difference between that and a clip. For that matter I'm sure he knows what a sear spring is as well as a gas regulator, gas tube, bolt carrier etc.

Its a 10 round...

MAGAZINE!!

Not a "clip".

Hate that.....

Us Older Guys still use the term Clip and the younger pukes use that to feel superior. If they ever had to reload a SKS, they would be dead long before their tiny brains would figure out how to reload it. Or trying to figure out how to reload a trapdoor bolt action. Actually, there are Clips to easily and fast reload mags. So I'll still continue to use the term Clips whether it's a clip or a mag and let the weaker minded PC Nazis keep commenting.

My first rifle was a .22long with a clip.I then had a good old M-1 with a CLIP and later a M-14 with a magazine.
Using the proper terminology is essential to communication. If you choose not to communicate properly, don't get pissed off when someone misunderstands you.

I should have prefaced my comment I suppose, so that it was understood by everyone that I have no doubt the OP was merely repeating the text of the story in the link and is the sort of person who not only knows what a magazine is and the difference between that and a clip. For that matter I'm sure he knows what a sear spring is as well as a gas regulator, gas tube, bolt carrier etc.

If that is the best you got maybe you should have just dropped it.

Its a 10 round...

MAGAZINE!!

Not a "clip".

Hate that.....

Because of my knowledge of weapons, I was appointed the armorer of the platoon I was assigned to in France. We were separated from our headquarters company and I only had about 40 weapons to look after. Yes, I could totally break down and reassemble an M-14 without any hesitation. We had six M1911 pistols that I was also intimately familiar with.

I shot Expert with the M-1 and M-14 and Marksman with the pistol.

Its a 10 round...

MAGAZINE!!

Not a "clip".

Hate that.....

Because of my knowledge of weapons, I was appointed the armorer of the platoon I was assigned to in France. We were separated from our headquarters company and I only had about 40 weapons to look after. Yes, I could totally break down and reassemble an M-14 without any hesitation. We had six M1911 pistols that I was also intimately familiar with.

I shot Expert with the M-1 and M-14 and Marksman with the pistol.

I qualified with a M-14 and a 1911A1 and could recognize a M-1 2 out of 3 times. They did get a bit jumpy around me when after I finished shooting, I wiped all the finger prints off the weapon :10:

latest

1,800 meter range with a 10 round clip. Been in use since 1989. I guess the Army’s happy with its effectivity and lasting power. The contract is only worth a mere $7.9 million, peanuts by DOD standards.

More @ U.S. Army to purchase .50 caliber long-range sniper rifles
Gander Mountain has those for sale, around $9,000. My son asked me what those would be used for... I replied" Squirrels, very big squirrels, that burn cities and punch women"..

That seems like an automatic weapon situation?

latest

1,800 meter range with a 10 round clip. Been in use since 1989. I guess the Army’s happy with its effectivity and lasting power. The contract is only worth a mere $7.9 million, peanuts by DOD standards.

Gander Mountain has those for sale, around $9,000. My son asked me what those would be used for... I replied" Squirrels, very big squirrels, that burn cities and punch women"..

That seems like an automatic weapon situation?
Semi-auto.

latest

You can buy them cheaper than that. The sport version is had for about 4k

Its a 10 round...

MAGAZINE!!

Not a "clip".

Hate that.....

Same here except I got a 16 and the 223 is a varmint round. M 14 Gold Cup is a great rifle.

U.S. made Barrett stuff is good but will the U.S. try to match the weapons with foreign made optics? You almost gotta laugh when the Clinton's decided that every Soldier should wear a beret and purchased the hats from China.
I was in when that shit happened one of the most useless pieces of the uniform I ever had the displeasure of wearing. Didn't keep the sun or rain out of your eyes and they coopted the Ranger color. The 10th Mountain was one of the first to issue. I felt like an ass when I PCS'd to Korea and nobody in my unit was wearing the fucking things.

Its a 10 round...

MAGAZINE!!

Not a "clip".

Hate that.....
It's a matter of being precise. A clip is a strip of rounds held together in preparation to quickly load a magazine.

clip-versus-magazine.png

Does that make your dick feel bigger? Mine is JUST the right size. When the woman asked who the hell I thought I thought I was thinking I would satisfy with that, I answered, "Well, Me, of course".

Forum List

Back