U.S. Army Retired Invites You To See S. Palin And Meet The Next First Family Nov 14

She was barely governor long enough to redecorate and find the ladies' room. Remember out of the short time she was in office she was running around trying to be VP. After that she only went back a couple of times before she quit.

Is the country supposed to be impressed by that?
When did Obama start campaigning for President after he was elected as a Jr Senator by default? How many days was he Senator? A whopping 143 days.
You think if he hadn't been elected he would have walked out of the Senate and gone on reality TV? I hardly think so. You see he invested too much time into getting the needed education and getting involved in city politics and had a plan for his life. Palin flip flopped around various colleges and finally got enough credit hours to eke out a degree. Hardly a real effort there. Even Tina Fey was more focused in her educational pursuits!

Education for Obama? How and who paid for it. If he has this stellar education then why has he not released any transcripts like Bush, Gore and Kerry did?

What is there to debate??? In the short amount of time that she was governor, she increased the operating budget by 27%. Apparently you are impressed by big spenders? Remember this is the nitwit who keeps yammering about controlling spending!

Your wrong on the budget:

Governor Palin reduced spending in her budget for Fiscal Year 2010 by more than one billion dollars from the previous governor’s Fiscal Year 2007 budget, a 9.5% real reduction in spending. Her FY2010 budget was $10.57 billion compared to Governor Murkowski’s FY2007 budget of nearly $11.7 billion. At the same time, she fulfilled her campaign promise to forward fund education, allowing districts greater flexibility and predictability in their planning.

Murkowski Budget 2007:
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/08_OMB/budget/Enacted/FY2008_ConfComm_Less_Vetoes_Fiscal_Summary.pdf

Palin Budget 2010:
http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/bills/Budget_Press_Release_5-21-09.pdf

Total reduction in spending between 2007 and 2010: a whopping 9.5% or $1,127,400,000

A general rule of thumb for both liberal and conservative administrations is to claim that they may reasonably increase spending every year at a rate of 2% to 3% because of inflation and that should not count against them as increased spending. Even if we use the low end of inflation at 2%, Governor Palin's budget could have been (without calling it a spending increase): $12,413,374,459.20

Of course, the budget is not $12.4 billion; it is actually $10.57 billion. In other words, she cut spending.
I said OPERATING BUDGET.

The following are figures from the state general fund portion* of the operating budget . She inherited outlays of $3.343 billion. By fy 2008 this had risen to $3.763 billion. The fy 2009 budget, so far, is $4.242 billion. The two year increase is a whooping 27 percent -- hardly a measure of fiscal restraint.
Link please?

Again, how is Palin dumb? Explain how a woman who debated 2 seasoned governors won their seat. Explain why she was chosen to be VP? Her record proved she was not dumb and she qualified through her years of executive experience. and down home conservative family values.

How about we liberals oppose Sarah Palin because she's a conservative, because we disagree with more of her positions than we agree with?

How about that is why the average liberal does not want Sarah Palin to be president, I think I can safely assume so...

I wouldn't mind a Conservative as President as long as they were practical and pragmatic. Her: she's fucking dumb.
And you're a fucking Rhodes scholar?.......GIVE ME A FUCKIN' BREAK!

LMAO!

When did Obama start campaigning for President after he was elected as a Jr Senator by default? How many days was he Senator? A whopping 143 days.
You think if he hadn't been elected he would have walked out of the Senate and gone on reality TV? I hardly think so. You see he invested too much time into getting the needed education and getting involved in city politics and had a plan for his life. Palin flip flopped around various colleges and finally got enough credit hours to eke out a degree. Hardly a real effort there. Even Tina Fey was more focused in her educational pursuits!

Education for Obama? How and who paid for it. If he has this stellar education then why has he not released any transcripts like Bush, Gore and Kerry did?

You didn't know he graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School? And I have no idea how he paid for it. What possible difference would it make? I would assume that he probably earned scholarships. He was also the head of the Harvard Law Review. So he was far ahead of palin in brains and education.

Your wrong on the budget:

Governor Palin reduced spending in her budget for Fiscal Year 2010 by more than one billion dollars from the previous governor’s Fiscal Year 2007 budget, a 9.5% real reduction in spending. Her FY2010 budget was $10.57 billion compared to Governor Murkowski’s FY2007 budget of nearly $11.7 billion. At the same time, she fulfilled her campaign promise to forward fund education, allowing districts greater flexibility and predictability in their planning.

Murkowski Budget 2007:
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/08_OMB/budget/Enacted/FY2008_ConfComm_Less_Vetoes_Fiscal_Summary.pdf

Palin Budget 2010:
http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/bills/Budget_Press_Release_5-21-09.pdf

Total reduction in spending between 2007 and 2010: a whopping 9.5% or $1,127,400,000

A general rule of thumb for both liberal and conservative administrations is to claim that they may reasonably increase spending every year at a rate of 2% to 3% because of inflation and that should not count against them as increased spending. Even if we use the low end of inflation at 2%, Governor Palin's budget could have been (without calling it a spending increase): $12,413,374,459.20

Of course, the budget is not $12.4 billion; it is actually $10.57 billion. In other words, she cut spending.
I said OPERATING BUDGET.

The following are figures from the state general fund portion* of the operating budget . She inherited outlays of $3.343 billion. By fy 2008 this had risen to $3.763 billion. The fy 2009 budget, so far, is $4.242 billion. The two year increase is a whooping 27 percent -- hardly a measure of fiscal restraint.
Link please?

It appears that YOU are the one who needs to do some research. There are plenty of things out there about her "budget" and how Alaska was still the number one state in receiving federal aid while she was in office. But it appears you need to do some of your own research to discover the truth about her credentials.

I said OPERATING BUDGET.

Link please?

It appears that YOU are the one who needs to do some research. There are plenty of things out there about her "budget" and how Alaska was still the number one state in receiving federal aid while she was in office. But it appears you need to do some of your own research to discover the truth about her credentials.
Well at least I do post links which you obvious can't. Here is some more info:

When Governor Palin set out to cut Alaska's dependence on government funds, she was serious!

Check out these numbers:

FFY07- Murkowski's federal requests total: 63 projects @ $349,497,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY07_Approp_Requests.pdf

FFY10- Governor Palin's federal requests total: 8 projects @ $69,100,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY10_Approp_Requests.pdf

That was a gigantic 80% drop in federal requests by the Alaska governor's office.

See what I mean about leading by example? Not only has Governor Palin dropped the federal requests for money by 80%, she had also been slowly chipping away at these numbers since the beginning of her administration.

FFY2007- Gov. Murkowski 63 projects at $349,497,000

FFY08- Gov. Palin 52 projects at $256,037,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY08_Approp_Requests.pdf

FFY09- Gov. Palin 31 projects at $195,094,900
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY09_Approp_Requests.pdf

FFY10- Gov. Palin: 8 projects @ $69,100,000

As you can clearly see, there was a noticeable drop in federal requests year after year during Governor Palin's administration.

Pretty impressive in my book.

Last edited:
Link please?

Well at least I do post links which you obvious can't. Here is some more info:

When Governor Palin set out to cut Alaska's dependence on government funds, she was serious!

Check out these numbers:

FFY07- Murkowski's federal requests total: 63 projects @ $349,497,000

FFY10- Governor Palin's federal requests total: 8 projects @ $69,100,000

That was a gigantic 80% drop in federal requests by the Alaska governor's office.

See what I mean about leading by example? Not only has Governor Palin dropped the federal requests for money by 80%, she had also been slowly chipping away at these numbers since the beginning of her administration.

FFY2007- Gov. Murkowski 63 projects at $349,497,000

FFY08- Gov. Palin 52 projects at $256,037,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY08_Approp_Requests.pdf

FFY09- Gov. Palin 31 projects at $195,094,900
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY09_Approp_Requests.pdf

FFY10- Gov. Palin: 8 projects @ $69,100,000

As you can clearly see, there was a noticeable drop in federal requests year after year during Governor Palin's administration.

Pretty impressive in my book.
Your numbers must be incorrect because alaska kept the funds from the bridge to nowhere, even though she had no intention of using them for that--so that was $442 million in federal transportation funds in 2007 which was received and not returned.

On Sunday the 14th you will get a glimpse into the real life of a powerful woman and her family that everyone should get to know. This insight into her and her family will make Americans want to have them as our first family to represent the mighty United States. I think this is all to the good. You see, on one hand you have Barack Obama -- no one knows him, no one remembers him, we have no record of his parents marriage, his birth, or his school achievements. He is a complete mystery. On the other hand, we have a chance to spend time with Sarah Palin and her family. They will be real people. approachable people. And, with all that, we will see that she has real executive experience, real speaking ability, she really understands American values, and she has excellent political principles and is a patriot that loves American exceptional ism. That is something that lacks with our current first family called the Obama's.

I think the problem with the focus of this Thread, is you appear to be shoving Sarah down everyone's throat as the next President. Too many local's here, are still licking wound's from the last Election, Nov. 2nd. They need time to regroup. You could have just focused the Thread on Getting to know Sarah the person.

How does someone "explain" how someone else is dumb? Jesus.

Have you ever heard of insight? A typical person with common-sense can observe and report. Sarah Palin is dumb.

I was with these three girls from Siena College, my wife's Uncle Mike and wife. The Uncle and wife and one of the Girls are R's.
We discussed politics. Seven out of seven of us considered her dumb.
Did they know her political record as Governor as well as her policies to make a assertion? If they did know her record then tell me what were the policies she presided over that made them consider her dumb? Be specific

Her political record as Governor of Alaska is as a quitter.

I think her focus was on saving the State on Court costs, which is a reasonable position. Staying would have also been reasonable too. Charging those who wasted time and money with frivolous claims works for me too.

Sarah Palin is a patriotic and loyal American.

She sacrificed her position as Governor.

In order to help our nation in it's time of need.

We could use more people like her in public office. :cool:

On Sunday the 14th you will get a glimpse into the real life of a powerful woman and her family that everyone should get to know. This insight into her and her family will make Americans want to have them as our first family to represent the mighty United States. I think this is all to the good. You see, on one hand you have Barack Obama -- no one knows him, no one remembers him, we have no record of his parents marriage, his birth, or his school achievements. He is a complete mystery. On the other hand, we have a chance to spend time with Sarah Palin and her family. They will be real people. approachable people. And, with all that, we will see that she has real executive experience, real speaking ability, she really understands American values, and she has excellent political principles and is a patriot that loves American exceptional ism. That is something that lacks with our current first family called the Obama's.

I thought Spam was frowned on at this joint?

If you think it's Spam report it. I personally don't, nor do I see the nature of thread any different than the rest. Unless you are referring to the responses, though personally I don't see anything out of the ordinary there either. Voice is voice, sometimes it hurts. You want to continue to have one of your own, sometimes you have to respect and protect the rights of other's, especially when they disagree. It is true "I have Emperor's New Clothes Syndrome", don't get too close, it's contagious. ;)

If it were, you'd have been gone long ago, Ranger!

Just kidding, maybe.

Not rightwing spam.

Forum List

Back