U.S. Army - Mud Wrestling and flashing boobs :)

gop_jeff said:
The officer in me is pissed.

The 28-year-old guy in me wants pictures! :D

What's their to be pissed about? Just some soldiers having some well-deserved fun in my opinion...

-Cp said:
What's their to be pissed about? Just some soldiers having some well-deserved fun in my opinion...

If they were doing this while still on a deployment (as it sounded like from the story), then they are FULAC.

Once they're back in the States, great, go for it.

-Cp said:

It's a breakdown of discipline. They were in a war zone and should have been on alert, for one. For another, it's fraternization to become romantically or sexually (I hate that I even have to specify the second one) involved with a member of your unit or between enlisted and officers. Third, when not on leave, a soldier is a representative of this country and the armed services. This is where "conduct unbecoming an officer" fits in.

Hobbit said:
It's a breakdown of discipline. They were in a war zone and should have been on alert, for one. For another, it's fraternization to become romantically or sexually (I hate that I even have to specify the second one) involved with a member of your unit or between enlisted and officers. Third, when not on leave, a soldier is a representative of this country and the armed services. This is where "conduct unbecoming an officer" fits in.
even while on leave they are reps of the US and should act accordingly.
conduct unbecoming of an officer doesnt rally fit in this instance. for the enlisted it would probably fall into art 134 or 136. i dont remember right at the moment. its a general catch all. used when there is nothing else to charge someone with.
if the pics were taken in someones room, there goes indecent exposure.

Hobbit said:

Need more info. Looked like a lot of soldiers involved here. Was this a unit party that got out of hand? I'm just glad that the females were not pointing and laughing at American Privates (even if they were Sergeants). Seriously, is there a link for the background of this?

While I do not condone the actions of what is obviously a unit party gone wild...neither do I condemn it. Ever watch MTV or some of the similar television programming? I don't see anything different here than what is shown daily here in the States. Looks an awful lot like a few frat parties I have heard about too. We send these young folks to far of places to do a very nasty job and people expect them to act like a Sunday school class...If that is what the American people want that is what they should have sent.

Now, in reality, where the heck are the senior NCOs who should have known better and put a stop to it? Where the heck is the unit commander? In my view, there are some very naughty kids here that need a spankin, but I dont think they should be lynched....we might need those soldiers again sometime to KILL some bad guys for us.

CSM said:
While I do not condone the actions of what is obviously a unit party gone wild...neither do I condemn it. Ever watch MTV or some of the similar television programming? I don't see anything different here than what is shown daily here in the States. Looks an awful lot like a few frat parties I have heard about too. We send these young folks to far of places to do a very nasty job and people expect them to act like a Sunday school class...If that is what the American people want that is what they should have sent.

Now, in reality, where the heck are the senior NCOs who should have known better and put a stop to it? Where the heck is the unit commander? In my view, there are some very naughty kids here that need a spankin, but I dont think they should be lynched....we might need those soldiers again sometime to KILL some bad guys for us.

cohesion, and they are killing it by doing a which hunt

I can see where we'd need to immediately lynch them to teach them a lesson that it's *not* ok to act like human beings, teenagers, and young adults having a little bit of fun in life without actually hurting anyone.

GMAFB. Leave'm alone, and let them go home, if that's where they're headed.

Shattered said:
I can see where we'd need to immediately lynch them to teach them a lesson that it's *not* ok to act like human beings, teenagers, and young adults having a little bit of fun in life without actually hurting anyone.

GMAFB. Leave'm alone, and let them go home, if that's where they're headed.
i think they should let the public decide if those pics are obscene. just go ahead and find who has them and post them. well the booby shot and the mud wresteling shots anyway :boobies: :rock:

Johnney said:
i think they should let the public decide if those pics are obscene. just go ahead and find who has them and post them. well the booby shot and the mud wresteling shots anyway :boobies: :rock:

Lemme guess.. You'd be the perfect judge, right?

:rotflmao:

Pig.

:D

I see this and the cynic in me wants to smart off, but I'll put it like this... there are many things that sailors (male and female) do in foreign (and homeland) ports that are not exactly "correct" and definitely not mature. These actions resemble more the young people most of these sailors are. I am sure the Army and Marines are no different (I go to Yokota AFB a lot and see the antics of airmen all the time)

However, most of this is not publicized.... unless someone is seriously hurt or its a diplomatic incident.

Therefore, I have to look at this and see it as another "attack" on the military from the media and those who have a score to settle or an agenda to advance.

They're trying to show women and men can't serve together, and/or that our troops in Iraq are drinking heavily and acting up. They're trying to embarass the Army and make Pres. Bush and Sec. Rumsfield look bad.

Above and beyond all else, these folks put their lives on the line everyday in a place where an insurgent attack via IED or suicide bomber could happen anytime, anywhere, to anyone. They're seeing horrible violence and terrible suffering. IMHO, they got the right to get a little silly and drunk, as long as no one is hurt, vital equipment isn't broken and morale isn't damaged.

NATO AIR said:
I see this and the cynic in me wants to smart off, but I'll put it like this... there are many things that sailors (male and female) do in foreign (and homeland) ports that are not exactly "correct" and definitely not mature. These actions resemble more the young people most of these sailors are. I am sure the Army and Marines are no different (I go to Yokota AFB a lot and see the antics of airmen all the time)

However, most of this is not publicized.... unless someone is seriously hurt or its a diplomatic incident.

Therefore, I have to look at this and see it as another "attack" on the military from the media and those who have a score to settle or an agenda to advance.

They're trying to show women and men can't serve together, and/or that our troops in Iraq are drinking heavily and acting up. They're trying to embarass the Army and make Pres. Bush and Sec. Rumsfield look bad.

Above and beyond all else, these folks put their lives on the line everyday in a place where an insurgent attack via IED or suicide bomber could happen anytime, anywhere, to anyone. They're seeing horrible violence and terrible suffering. IMHO, they got the right to get a little silly and drunk, as long as no one is hurt, vital equipment isn't broken and morale isn't damaged.

It always amazes me that some think the 18+ year olds we send in harms way should be any different than the college kids who act up every weekend. The parents who are so proud that their little darlin is off at college learning to be a leftist bleeding heart liberal is soooo much better than the that "other" kid who is "too stupid" to make it in civilian life. The arrogance is amazing. Where is the big news story about last weekend's frat party? The media doesn't do much for me in any case and stories like this just bolster my opinions of them.

CSM said:
It always amazes me that some think the 18+ year olds we send in harms way should be any different than the college kids who act up every weekend. The parents who are so proud that their little darlin is off at college learning to be a leftist bleeding heart liberal is soooo much better than the that "other" kid who is "too stupid" to make it in civilian life. The arrogance is amazing. Where is the big news story about last weekend's frat party? The media doesn't do much for me in any case and stories like this just bolster my opinions of them.

:beer:

Seems like just bad judgement on the PT schedule. Nothing more than that. Sometimes as a platoon we'd go 'drown-proofing' at a local waterslide park. Course there were no females in the platoon. If the pics were of a few guys wrasslin around nobody would make a stink.

Forum List

Back