U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

Don't some of you folks find it just a wee bit odd that Obama doesn't shrink from setting a drone on an American citizen, but if we were to apprehend him instead... Obama would prevent us from aggressively questioning him? :eusa_whistle:

The guy's a colossal hypocrite. Don't get me wrong... it's the right call to make, and I approve of it. But it also highlights the political farce we've been subjected to for the last couple of years.

National Security is HARD. :lol:

I do find the first part of that odd. In fact, I don't believe it.

The second part? Yup - that's the way our criminal justice system works.

Criminal justice has absolutely nothing to do with war.

Still not thrilled with the idea, but it doesnt violate the Constitution.

the constitution only applies to citizens?

Why would it apply to someone who hasnt consented to be governed by it?

you haven't answered my question...and i have no idea whether anyone has consented to it or not, in fact, i don't recall consent as an element in bringing a constitutional violation claim against the government...if there is one, perhaps you could enlighten me

the constitution only applies to citizens?

Why would it apply to someone who hasnt consented to be governed by it?

you haven't answered my question...and i have no idea whether anyone has consented to it or not, in fact, i don't recall consent as an element in bringing a constitutional violation claim against the government...if there is one, perhaps you could enlighten me

No the Constitution doesn't apply only to citizens. There are non-citizens who have consented to be governed by the Constitution. They are those who are legally in this country. I think an argument could be made that those who have illegally entered have consented through their actions.

Citizens are simply given superior protection due to their representation and the protections afforded them.

:rofl:

There are few things more amusing than watching some of you feign concern over the assassination of someone like Anwar al-Awlaki. Since when have you let petty distractions like US law and the constitution prevent you from violating the rights of "enemies"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIKf6Q9TucQ]YouTube - *NEW 2010* ANWAR AL-AWLAKI MESSAGE - A CALL TO JIHAD - 2/2[/ame]

Funny. Both his English and his Arabic are noticeably accented. :eusa_think:

And you are only against it because Obama approved it.

why do you lie? i haven't actually given my opinion on this and if i did, it would have nothign to do with my opinion of obama....you on the other hand, are doing everything you can to defend it solely because of obama....when it was about the trials, you toed obama's party line, now, you're doing it again

What did I say about trials?

I defend this current decision because I would like to see every highly ranking al Qaeda member eliminated.

You do not?

That doesn't mean the hypocrisy of the left can't be showcased.

the problem i have with this is, all of this is based on belief....not proof or evidence, if there is solid evidence of his alleged activities, fine, take him down....

One other thing...would you like to personally review this evidence prior to carrying out this plan? Or would you like the evidence to be broadcast in the media so that we call might review it?

We listened to the left for 8 years calling for transparency in the US Government. Haven't heard THAT squeal in a year and a half.

Something changed?:cuckoo:

wrong ... its probably the only thing he has done right, but then again he/they NEED all the vote they can muster. I think we are to soft on them as it is.

I consider myself fairly liberal but for the life of me I can't figure out why anybody would want to place additional risk to our military by requiring that this guy be only taken alive?

:rofl:

There are few things more amusing than watching some of you feign concern over the assassination of someone like Anwar al-Awlaki. Since when have you let petty distractions like US law and the constitution prevent you from violating the rights of "enemies"?

YouTube - *NEW 2010* ANWAR AL-AWLAKI MESSAGE - A CALL TO JIHAD - 2/2

Funny. Both his English and his Arabic are noticeably accented. :eusa_think:

Enemies have the right to die. Clear that up for you?
How convenient for whoever holds the "enemy" labeler.

Forum List

Back