U.S. alarmed by harsh tone of China's military

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
NYT: U.S. alarmed by China military's tone - World news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

By MICHAEL WINES
The New York Times

Many younger officers have known only an anti-American ideology

"“Why do you sell arms to Taiwan? We don’t sell arms to Hawaii,” said Col. Liu Mingfu, a China National Defense University professor and author of “The China Dream,” a nationalistic call to succeed the United States as the world’s leading power. "

That part is funny.

I remeber when we were allies. United 1st against Japan then against Russia.

This is what happens when the government runs schools, it can teach the people what it wants them to, to get them to think the way they want.

*sigh*

Currently we are far more advanced, they know it and won't actually try anything until they think they can do something with the numbers they have. As is, against thier standing military, we would have the advantage.

Pray these people get some sense. :eusa_pray:

NYT: U.S. alarmed by China military's tone - World news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

By MICHAEL WINES
The New York Times

"“Why do you sell arms to Taiwan? We don’t sell arms to Hawaii,” said Col. Liu Mingfu, a China National Defense University professor and author of “The China Dream,” a nationalistic call to succeed the United States as the world’s leading power. "

That part is funny.

This is what happens when the government runs schools, it can teach the people what it wants them to, to get them to think the way they want.

*sigh*

Currently we are far more advanced, they know it and won't actually try anything until they think they can do something with the numbers they have. As is, against thier standing military, we would have the advantage.

Speaking of govt run schools and told what to think
"As is, against thier standing military, we would have the advantage."

You haven't won a war in so long the cub scout troops in Los Angeles could whip you.:tongue::lol:

By MICHAEL WINES
The New York Times

That part is funny.

*sigh*

You haven't won a war in so long the cub scout troops in Los Angeles could whip you.:tongue::lol:

Cute.

My knowledge comes from 9 1/2 years in the Navy.

In the mid 90's, JANES, barely mentioned the Chinese Navy.

Since then we have both advanced, but they have yet to build an aircraft carrier. That alone puts them way behind.

Class dismissed. :eusa_hand::lol:

it's the military of a totalitarian government. Why wouldnt anyone who is thinking be alarmed by them?

it's the military of a totalitarian government. Why wouldnt anyone who is thinking be alarmed by them?

They get pissed b/c we can spy on them. The reason they are pissed isn't b/c we spy, it's b/c they can't.

When a plane, that they think is spying, comes near them, they send jets to harass them. that's how that chinese pilot got himself killed, he wondered to close, hit a much larger plane, and lost control.

And out subs are so far out in the lead, it's hardly worth thinking about.

They get pissed b/c we can spy on them. The reason they are pissed isn't b/c we spy, it's b/c they can't.

When a plane, that they think is spying, comes near them, they send jets to harass them. that's how that chinese pilot got himself killed, he wondered to close, hit a much larger plane, and lost control.

And out subs are so far out in the lead, it's hardly worth thinking about.

Alan Boyle writes:Space-watchers say China is still doing whatever it started doing last month with two close-flying satellites in orbit. And that's keeping outside observers worried about the fact that Chinese officials have not yet actually said what it is they're doing.

The maneuvers, which appear to involve rendezvous operations between the SJ-06F satellite and the more recently launched SJ-12 craft, could amount to practice for space station dockings or coordinated satellite observations from orbit. Few folks would have a problem with that. But they also could be aimed at developing the expertise for lurking near someone else's satellite and eavesdropping, or even knocking that satellite out of commission in the event of a crisis. That's the worrisome part.

Cosmic Log - China continues satellite maneuvers

From 2001 to 2008, Republicans have done everything they can to build up China's economy. Sending millions of jobs there are giving subsidies and tax breaks to companies who build in China and teach the Chinese our technology.

Electronics is electronics. The building blocks are the same. It's how you use what you've learned, or in this case, what the Chinese have been taught by us, that is dangerous.

By MICHAEL WINES
The New York Times

That part is funny.

*sigh*

Cute.

Since then we have both advanced, but they have yet to build an aircraft carrier. That alone puts them way behind.

Do you reallly need aicraft carriers when you have ICBMs - be a bit more of a nuisance than a third world country like Iraq - hey wait we're running away, er...i mean retreating from Iraq aren't we???:confused:

By MICHAEL WINES
The New York Times

That part is funny.

*sigh*

Is China in danger of being invaded by Taiwan?

Cute.

Do you reallly need aicraft carriers when you have ICBMs - be a bit more of a nuisance than a third world country like Iraq - hey wait we're running away, er...i mean retreating from Iraq aren't we???:confused:

No, we are done in Iraq.

The range from China to the USA makes it easy for us, and us alone to knock down thier ICBMs

By MICHAEL WINES
The New York Times

That part is funny.

*sigh*

No, not even close. It would be like Maine attacking the US for independence.
The most the Tias (?) Tiawonese (?) could do is play defense. It's hard to invade and conquer when fighting on anothers home turf.

By MICHAEL WINES
The New York Times

That part is funny.

*sigh*

The most the Tias (?) Tiawonese (?) could do is play defense. It's hard to invade and conquer when fighting on anothers home turf.

Exactly..Taiwan is no threat to China

China has always been a threat to Taiwan

Cute.

To answer you question.

Yes.

you can deter and threaten with ICBMs, but actually using them is problematic.

With an aircraft carrier you can project conventional Fire power around the world.

Stick some Nukes in Taiwan, Instant threat to China.

Stick some Nukes in Taiwan, Instant threat to China.

We are not selling nukes to Taiwan. I don't think we sell anyone nukes.

If the U.S. succeeds in controling central asia, 80% of the world's population and most of it's natural resources then the commie heathen scum in China will no longer be a problem. And that is the end goal of what the U.S. is trying to accomplish in Iraq, Afghanistan, now Pakistan and eventually Iran, Yemen, maybe even Syria. Mass extermination of those who don't "get it" and control under the illusion of democracy = defacto ownership of China and it's lackey Putin. Undisputed world wide dominance by the U.S. and the U.K.

Don't blame me I'm just the messenger.

And children, if a nuclear weapon is the answer to all of your perceived problems then you are really beyond any help. I realize the fun you'll have thinking about millions of muslims you'll fry, but please try and keep a level head because your nonsense is contagious and this isn't August 1945.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back