U.S. Aid To Israel

Remember, I srael is the only nation in that area that has NOT had it's debts forgiven, and it also repays it's debts.

A better question is, why is it that we spend much more in staright grants, not loans, in that region, to countries that do not like us and also finance, directly or indirectly, the same terrorist groups who want both Israel and the U.S. dead.

What we get from supporting Israel is the assurance that a fellow democratic country, a country that respects the same kinds of individual rights as we do, the chance to survive in an area where theocracy and tyranny abound.

Keep in mind, it would cost us a LOT more if Israel was not there. If she disappears tomorrow, all of the hatred and terroristic resources wouldbe aimed at the U.S.

We get more than you realize by supporting Israel.

Denton said:
Remember, I srael is the only nation in that area that has NOT had it's debts forgiven, and it also repays it's debts.

A better question is, why is it that we spend much more in staright grants, not loans, in that region, to countries that do not like us and also finance, directly or indirectly, the same terrorist groups who want both Israel and the U.S. dead.

What we get from supporting Israel is the assurance that a fellow democratic country, a country that respects the same kinds of individual rights as we do, the chance to survive in an area where theocracy and tyranny abound.

Keep in mind, it would cost us a LOT more if Israel was not there. If she disappears tomorrow, all of the hatred and terroristic resources wouldbe aimed at the U.S.

Garbage--pure Garbage. Israel doesn't pay anything back.

Denton said:

BULL... SHIT! You didn't even BEGIN to read any of the article OCA provided the link to.

Since 1992, the U.S. has offered Israel an additional $2 billion annually in loan guarantees. Congressional researchers have disclosed that between 1974 and 1989, $16.4 billion in U.S. military loans were converted to grants and that this was the understanding from the beginning. Indeed, all past U.S. loans to Israel have eventually been forgiven by Congress, which has undoubtedly helped Israel's often-touted claim that they have never defaulted on a U.S. government loan. U.S. policy since 1984 has been that economic assistance to Israel must equal or exceed Israel's annual debt repayment to the United States. Unlike other countries, which receive aid in quarterly installments, aid to Israel since 1982 has been given in a lump sum at the beginning of the fiscal year, leaving the U.S. government to borrow from future revenues. Israel even lends some of this money back through U.S. treasury bills and collects the additional interest

Denton said:

Is that right? Then please, tell me what it is?

Denton said:

Israel has had many loans wiped off the slate held by Uncle Sam.

I would take the time to refute all your points, but will leave this post as is.. You are entitled to your position..

Denton said:

Hey slick you might want to read the link before you make an assinine post like this, read it for rebuttal to your assertions.

I did read the piece, slick, and I read it before it was offered here by you.

Here are some myths that are circulated:

“The United States has supported Israel automatically ever since 1948.”
“The U.S. has always given Israel arms to insure it would have a qualitative edge over the Arabs.”
“U.S. aid in the Middle East has always been one-sided, with the Arabs getting practically nothing.”
“The U.S. has always given Israel billions of dollars without expecting repayment.”
“Israel continues to demand large amount of economic aid even though it is now a rich country that no longer needs help.”
“Israel boasts that it is the fourth strongest nation in the world, so it certainly doesn't need U.S. military assistance.”
“U.S. military aid subsidizes Israeli defense contractors at the expense of American industry.”
“U.S. loan guarantees provided Israel with billions of dollars from American taxpayers that was used to build settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip to house Soviet Jews.”
“Israel was never believed to have any strategic value to the United States.”
“Israelis are able to live comfortably because of American aid, and they see no reason to reform their country's economic system.”

Here are the responses to these myths:

myths and facts

Denton said:
I did read the piece, slick, and I read it before it was offered here by you.

Here are some myths that are circulated:

“The United States has supported Israel automatically ever since 1948.”
“The U.S. has always given Israel arms to insure it would have a qualitative edge over the Arabs.”
“U.S. aid in the Middle East has always been one-sided, with the Arabs getting practically nothing.”
“The U.S. has always given Israel billions of dollars without expecting repayment.”
“Israel continues to demand large amount of economic aid even though it is now a rich country that no longer needs help.”
“Israel boasts that it is the fourth strongest nation in the world, so it certainly doesn't need U.S. military assistance.”
“U.S. military aid subsidizes Israeli defense contractors at the expense of American industry.”
“U.S. loan guarantees provided Israel with billions of dollars from American taxpayers that was used to build settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip to house Soviet Jews.”
“Israel was never believed to have any strategic value to the United States.”
“Israelis are able to live comfortably because of American aid, and they see no reason to reform their country's economic system.”

Here are the responses to these myths:

myths and facts

Got a link from the US to back it up?

Got a link from the US to back it up?

The document that examines Israel's relationship with the United States is held in the Library of Congress. Many of the claims that Israel is THE prime benefactor of US aid, and support, can be found in that document. NOW,, is somebody going to call me a HATE MONGER, or ANTI SEMITE because I cite an document compiled, printed, and archived by the US Government???

http://www.nti.org/db/china/conchr.htm

Don't know the group posting the info, but is consistent with reports by the LOC for Israel selling tech to CHina.

LOC,, Country Info is watered down these days. The version I had was critical of Israel for loan defaults, unchecked weapons sales, and ability to get money from programs designated for people who live in the United States. Grants, loans, etc..

Somebody who has contact with Senator Byrd should hit him up for info on Israel and the US SUPPLIED weapons systems they have modified, on our dollar, and won't share the technology with us...

I'm for supporting Israel because of the fact that they beat the piss out of Islamofascists. If we want to cut funding to Israel, I'd ask that we first cut grants to Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Yemen, Morrocco, Syria, and all the other terrorist nations we give money to.

I'm for supporting Israel because of the fact that they beat the piss out of Islamofascists. If we want to cut funding to Israel, I'd ask that we first cut grants to Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Yemen, Morrocco, Syria, and all the other terrorist nations we give money to.

SEE IF WHAT ISRAEL RECEIVES IN US AID IS MORE, LESS, OR EQUAL TO ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES YOU HAVE MENTIONED. AND, HOW MANY BARRELS OF OIL DOES ISRAEL EXPORT TO THE US???

SEE IF WHAT ISRAEL RECEIVES IN US AID IS MORE, LESS, OR EQUAL TO ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES YOU HAVE MENTIONED, COMBINED.

AND, HOW MANY BARRELS OF OIL DOES ISRAEL EXPORT TO THE US EACH YEAR???

SEE IF WHAT ISRAEL RECEIVES IN US AID IS MORE, LESS, OR EQUAL TO ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES YOU HAVE MENTIONED, COMBINED.

AND, HOW MANY BARRELS OF OIL DOES ISRAEL EXPORT TO THE US EACH YEAR???
So it's not about oil. :shocked1:

Can someone please explain how this benefits America?

http://www.wrmea.com/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm

The report that I keep blabbing about is similar to this website. The document didn't punch with all its might, but it was clear it was a hell of a lot more honest with its findings. I may contact this group for assistance in locating it as the LOC's latest facts/figures on Israel makes them out to be OUR BESTUS BUDDIES!!:tongue1:

So it's not about oil. :shocked1:

I would find it hard to believe that the US government really cares about anyone, other than themselves. THe people who pull the strings have needs too and they are making sure that they get theirs first.

Israel is NOT our enemy. Hezbollah, Hamas, Syria, Yemen, Iran, are in actuality, while all other Arabs hate us only behind our backs. They don't hate us because we support Israel. They hate the fact we support Israel because it makes their intended goal of genocide all that much harder.

If Israel didn't exist, they would STILL hate US.

Wahabbism does not teach Muslims to hate and distrust Western culture because the US supports Israel. Wahabbism teaches Muslims to hate and distrust Western culture and all those in it.

The Islamofascists are wrong. They are motivated by hate and use cold-blooded murder as their preferred method of instilling fear. Their goal is nothing less than to finish what Hitler began.

Since when did the United States and or the people within support doing the wrong thing?

Forum List

Back