U.N. predicts we only have ten years to reverse global warming "entire nations could be wiped off

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
"entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth"

Oh, by the way, this article was written in 1989.

U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.

Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.

As the warming melts polar icecaps, ocean levels will rise by up to three feet, enough to cover the Maldives and other flat island nations, Brown told The Associated Press in an interview on Wednesday.

Coastal regions will be inundated; one-sixth of Bangladesh could be flooded, displacing a fourth of its 90 million people. A fifth of Egypt’s arable land in the Nile Delta would be flooded, cutting off its food supply, according to a joint UNEP and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study.

U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

Tell those fuckin’ idiots none of the series of dire consequences predicted since the 70s to wipe out humankind in one way or another due to the evils of man himself have yet to materialize.

Perhaps follow that up with a reminder of the story about the boy who cried wolf.

The UN makes this proclamation every other year or so. But nobody is caring..........

From todays REALCLEARENERGY >>

G20 countries triple coal power subsidies despite climate crisis

Major economies pledged a decade ago to phase out all aid for fossil fuels

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/25/g20-nations-triple-coal-power-subsidies-climate-crisis

And China building almost 300 new coal plants by 2030!:5_1_12024:

The climate obsessed get all giddy about symbols and banners. In the real world however, we have lots and lots and lots of climate skeptics.:coffee:

The UN is the world KK they are fknn ANNTIFA's daddy

The UN is a lying pile of excrement... They have no scientific proof of this nor do they posses a brain..

The UN and many US idiots predicted the end of the earth in 10 years, IN 1970, 1973,1978,1980, 1981, 1984, ....... 2019.... How many times will the lemmings take before they learn?

Last edited:
The UN is a lying pile of excrement... They have no scientific proof of this nor do they posses a brain..

The UN has been throwing bombs like this for over 15 years with the end of the world bs......nobody has paid attention to it over all that time. They stand and point to their billboard, take bows and five minutes later, the world goes back to sleep.:bigbed::bigbed:. Meanwhile, they will keep hosting these climate summits that accomplish zero every year but throw a bone to the climate k00ks who scream triumphantly like Linus in the pumpkin patch.:flirtysmile4:

Yeah and the UN supports the New World Order as well.

I'll just stand over here and LMFAO.

I have a prediction - I will win the powerball lottery..........maybe.

These dire predictions of the world ending are either dreams or fantasies of those making the predictions. Are humans polluting the earth, yes. Are humans causing global warming? I can't answer that until I'm fully convinced there is world ending global warming occurring. At this point in time I can only continue to keep an open mind.

Who knows, maybe the earth will self-correct after destroying a large portion of the human species. That's as good as any other prediction. :4_13_65:

Forum List

Back