U.N. Poodle President...Think about having a U.N.-poodle for president.

phadras

Feb 17, 2004
There's one thing that justifies the loss of American life, Kerry believes, and that's service to the United Nations, not the United States. "If you mean dying in the course of a United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that," Kerry said in 1994. "If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can effect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no." Such non-American thinking puts the nation at risk, and potentially at harm...

This just goes to show you in this time and place our nations at. Kerry is not a leader but simply a follower. He'll follow what is best for him, not the best for the country.

not being from America, i find it hard to understand why so many americans dislike the U.N, can someone please enlighten me?
sure the security council sucks, but the genral assembly seems decent enough and they appear to do good work in helping nations to develop.

Redz said:
not being from America, i find it hard to understand why so many americans dislike the U.N, can someone please enlighten me?
sure the security council sucks, but the genral assembly seems decent enough and they appear to do good work in helping nations to develop.
Whew--not being from America explains some of your posts--the general assembly helps only those whose politics agree with theirs. You already covered the security council---How do you feel about them starving the Iraq people by taking millions in bribes from Saddam??

Redz...debate is a good excercise while in school. The UN has been ineffectual for a long time.....look at all the resolutions threatening dire circumstances for non-compliance....and nothing happens....over and over and over, again.

Big deal....why don't we have universities around the world do the same thing? I am certain there are even some elementary schools that are capable of determining good from bad, as well. But what is the point if there are no repercussions for non-compliance? Seems like navel gazing to me....something we are all capable of, but doesn't really amount to much.

The UN is a waste of hundreds of millions of dollars...that could be put to better use by the donor's own citizenship.

dilloduck said:
Whew--not being from America explains some of your posts--the general assembly helps only those whose politics agree with theirs. You already covered the security council---How do you feel about them starving the Iraq people by taking millions in bribes from Saddam??
what are their politics?
that stuff with the sanctions was wrong, but the iraqis seem to believe that the U.S was behind that, probable saddams propaganda, but it complicates a already messy situation

Fmr jarhead said:
Redz...debate is a good excercise while in school. The UN has been ineffectual for a long time.....look at all the resolutions threatening dire circumstances for non-compliance....and nothing happens....over and over and over, again.

Big deal....why don't we have universities around the world do the same thing? I am certain there are even some elementary schools that are capable of determining good from bad, as well. But what is the point if there are no repercussions for non-compliance? Seems like navel gazing to me....something we are all capable of, but doesn't really amount to much.

The UN is a waste of hundreds of millions of dollars...that could be put to better use by the donor's own citizenship.
look the idea of a global goverment has always appealed to me, it seems to me that we spend a lot of time and effort fighting amongst ourselves. better spend if we realised that we are all the same and are involved in the same same fight for a decent life.
debate is good, rash action creates a lot of problems. a lot of the U.Ns problems stem from the security council set up as states veto anything that effects their interests or their allies interests. reform the U.N, lose the veto of big states. then maybe there would be more action and less talk. what you think?

Redz said:
what are their politics?
that stuff with the sanctions was wrong, but the iraqis seem to believe that the U.S was behind that, probable saddams propaganda, but it complicates a already messy situation

You're just now figuring out that Saddam ruled by propaganda and terrorism??? You call the slaughter of civilians "messy" ? Go live in prison if you want a simple life.

dilloduck said:
You're just now figuring out that Saddam ruled by propaganda and terrorism??? You call the slaughter of civilians "messy" ? Go live in prison if you want a simple life.
you never answer my question about the general assemblies politics?
i figured out the evil bit of saddams rule in about 1990, just after iraqs ally and weapon supplier America did. i called the present iraq situation messy. the slaughter of civilians is evil, incidentally how many iraqis died in desert storm 2?

Redz said:
i figured out the evil bit of saddams rule in about 1990, just after iraqs ally and weapon supplier America did. i called the present iraq situation messy. the slaughter of civilians is evil, incidentally how many iraqis died in desert storm 2?
dictators who relish in Anti-American and especially relish in Anti-Israeli little pronouncements.. Very Anti-Semetic.. If it were up to the U.N. every Jew on earth would be executed... The U.N. has Libya, yes, Libya, on the human rights commission... The U.N. is now a useless waste of mostly American money...A spineless, gutless, group of pissant dictators.. One world government... Fine, no problem, as long as The United States gets to dictate policy...hehehe

Redz said:

You asked why so many Americans dislike the UN. You have your answer--It's corrupt and anti-US !
Our president told us that fighting terrorism would be messy but I guess you didn't hear that. Lot's of Iraqi civilians have been killed in Iraq by fighters from everywhere. Isn't it shitty what kind of future Saddam set them up for?

phadras said:
dictators who relish in Anti-American and especially relish in Anti-Israeli little pronouncements.. Very Anti-Semetic.. If it were up to the U.N. every Jew on earth would be executed... The U.N. has Libya, yes, Libya, on the human rights commission... The U.N. is now a useless waste of mostly American money...A spineless, gutless, group of pissant dictators.. One world government... Fine, no problem, as long as The United States gets to dictate policy...hehehe
i'm sorry i don't believe the U.N would kill every jew.
and in terms of the thrid world running it,well they do make up the majority of the people on our planet, so it kinda makes sense.
your hehehe says it all, the U.S has a disporportionate influence politically and economically, and deep down you know this ain't fair. the U.S actually owes the U.N for several years worth of suscriptions, in addition its value to N.Y economy must be worth something, if even just for hotels and hookers

dilloduck said:
You asked why so many Americans dislike the UN. You have your answer--It's corrupt and anti-US !
Our president told us that fighting terrorism would be messy but I guess you didn't hear that. Lot's of Iraqi civilians have been killed in Iraq by fighters from everywhere. Isn't it shitty what kind of future Saddam set them up for?
where is the evidence that its anti American or anti Semitic? true loads of iraqi civilians killed by miltants since the "end of major operations" but how many killed during war????????

Personally I wouldn't want there to be a one world government. The US would gain all the problems of the world then. I say we fix Iraq and hunt down terrorists. The only thing the UN does is make suggstions, doesn't inforce anything. Also the UN has many countries bias against the US. There are 1,000 more reasons the UN is useless. Yet it serves one good purpose, we are able to anounce our intentions, and we follow through whether they like it or not. Take Iraq for instance UN was against us going and taking Saddam out. We did it anyways. Another one reason N. korea agreed to disarm and the US would provide assitantance, well the US held up N. Korea failed to keep up with it's end. Also that was done in the UN. So the UN fails in countless ways, we just keep it around to let everyone know whats going on.

Redz said:
and in terms of the thrid world running it,well they do make up the majority of the people on our planet, so it kinda makes sense.
your hehehe says it all, the U.S has a disporportionate influence politically and economically, and deep down you know this ain't fair. the U.S actually owes the U.N for several years worth of suscriptions, in addition its value to N.Y economy must be worth something, if even just for hotels and hookers

Caught up in this "fairness" shit again aren't you? Well life is not fair--repeat it several times. Are we trying to be fair? Depends on who you talk too. Third world countries are named such becuase they are just that---3rd rate--violent--poor---etc. You think they should run the world because it would be fair ??? :teeth:

Redz the estimated figure is in the 100,000.(keep in mind Iraqi's are doing the counting, could be some bias there.)The killing will be halted it will just take time, then the Iraqi's can be one country united.

Redz said:

Gonna have to come up with better than that.. The U.S. represent freedom and sanity..The U.N. represents dictatorship and insanity...Take your pick..
U.S. influence unfair? hahaha Who would you rather have...a Hitler....or a Stalin...or any Red Chinese dictator... The US is the HOPE for the rest of the world... And since you speak English and are NOT an American chances are that an American GI fighting in WWII saved your country's backside...

Redz said:

That's easy. Picture this - there is an organization in your country which is dedicated to pulling you down. It is populated by corrupt, petty and vindictive politicians, mostly from third world countries, whose main aim is to line their own pockets.

Picture that your government pours billions upon billions of dollars into this organization. That money is intended to be spent on humanitarian projects. But instead most of it goes into private bank accounts of thieves and criminals. Much of it goes to buy weapons for petty warlords so that they can murder the very people that this organization is supposed to aid.

And after all the expenditures, the only thing your money does for you is to come back and bite you on the ass.

But worse than that - this organization now thinks itself qualified to tell you how to run your own country and has designs on imposing its own laws on you.

How long would you tolerate that?

phadras said:
Gonna have to come up with better than that.. The U.S. represent freedom and sanity..The U.N. represents dictatorship and insanity...Take your pick..
U.S. influence unfair? hahaha Who would you rather have...a Hitler....or a Stalin...or any Red Chinese dictator... The US is the HOPE for the rest of the world... And since you speak English and are NOT an American chances are that an American GI fighting in WWII saved your country's backside...
no america gi's here, no one bothered to invade us in ww2
how exactly does the semi-democratic U.N represent dictatorship and insanity. it respresnts the nations of the world!! only semi cos of security counicl vetos. look the US looks out for its own interests, as every contry does, but i think everybodies interests are better served by working throught a global organisation however inefficent and corrupt, its better than nothing, anyway it could be reformed, ie:lose the veto

Forum List

Back