U.N. declares Pakistan floods the worst natural disaster ever

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
U.N. declares Pakistan floods the worst natural disaster ever as number of people affected hits 13M

ISLAMABAD (AP) — The number of people suffering from the massive floods in Pakistan exceeds 13 million — more than the combined total of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, the 2005 Kashmir earthquake and the 2010 Haiti earthquake, the United Nations said Monday.

The death toll in each of those three disasters was much higher than the 1,500 people killed so far in the floods that first hit Pakistan two weeks ago. But the U.N. estimates that 13.8 million people have been affected — over 2 million more than the other disasters combined.

"The number of people affected by the floods is greater than the other three disasters combined," Maurizio Giuliano, spokesman for the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, told The Associated Press.

A person is considered affected by the floods if he or she will need some form of assistance to recover, either short-term humanitarian aid or longer-term reconstruction help, said Giuliano.

The total number of people affected in the three other disasters was about 11 million — 5 million in the tsunami and 3 million in each of the earthquakes — said Giuliano.

Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said Monday that the floods were a bigger crisis than the 2005 Kashmir earthquake that killed nearly 80,000 people and the army's operation against the Taliban in the Swat Valley last spring that drove more than 2 million people from their homes.

Cripes. How unfortunate to read and hope they are willing to recover.

World’s largest power ship to arrive next month
World?s largest power ship to arrive next month – The Express Tribune

She will stay in Pakistan for 60 months and provide 238 MW electricity

karadenizpsraufbey51625.jpg

At least the floods have killed many Taliban, so the floods can be regarded in a positive way.

Shame about innocent deaths though. Assuming that they did not harbor ill will towards India, the USA and Israel, then they did not deserve to die.

God bless India, Israel, USA and UK as they continue to hunt and kill the Islamic Terrorist enemy.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Turks are a bunch of anti-Israeli fuckers. If Turkey weren't in NATO, we would have bombed it by now.

World’s largest power ship to arrive next month
World?s largest power ship to arrive next month – The Express Tribune

She will stay in Pakistan for 60 months and provide 238 MW electricity

karadenizpsraufbey51625.jpg

After, will the Turkish ship go to Darfur to help the millions whose lives are destroyed by fellow jihadists in Sudan?

Unlikely, since Turkey has become an ally of Sudan. Another genocide for the Turks to deny after their role in the Armenian holocaust .

I think the Paki floods were a good thing, it gave the whole country a much needed bath. cmon India, you're next. Time to take all that toilet peper off your head and wash your hair for a change. Maybe change a swami diaper or two... million.

for some odd reason I really don't care what happens to people in pakistan. too bad it didn't wash away their whole country

for some odd reason I really don't care what happens to people in pakistan. too bad it didn't wash away their whole country

You are such a fine addition to your own country.:cuckoo:

I think the Paki floods were a good thing, it gave the whole country a much needed bath. cmon India, you're next. Time to take all that toilet peper off your head and wash your hair for a change. Maybe change a swami diaper or two... million.

Canada's next. A good oil spill from Alaskan oil drilling by the USA will do wonders for the Canadian ecosystem.

Canada's next. A good oil spill from Alaskan oil drilling by the USA will do wonders for the Canadian ecosystem.

too bad I don't care, lol. Alaska isn't even in Canada.

go take a dump in the ganges, everyone else does.

too bad I don't care, lol. Alaska isn't even in Canada.

go take a dump in the ganges, everyone else does.

Alaska isn't even in Canada, which is why Alaska has good medical care.

Backward country, Canada.

Forum List

Back