Tyrant in a robe jails woman for not deleting facebook page

No you pointed out things that are crimes. Posting on facebook is not a crime even though you want it to be.

It is a crime if you are court ordered to cease and desist using it and you still use it. The judges ruling could have been appealed, but rather she took it upon herself to violate the order.

Disshit can't grasp the concept that freedom of speech is not synonymous with a right to use facebook.

If that access to one form of speech can be withheld from -- say -- a pedophile, then it can be withheld for some other crime too.

In the case of the female defendant mentioned in the OP, it strikes me as unlikely that the judge's ruling could withstand appellate scrutiny.

But that is simply a matter of the courts ironing out the wrinkles. It is not actually a particularly compelling example of any alleged judicial tyranny.

I would agree. I doubt it would hold up but procedures must be followed if we are indeed a nation of laws.

No you pointed out things that are crimes. Posting on facebook is not a crime even though you want it to be.

It is a crime if you are court ordered to cease and desist using it and you still use it. The judges ruling could have been appealed, but rather she took it upon herself to violate the order.
Its also 1. unconstitutional to order that 2. she didn't have the authority to order her to close the page.

Its also 1. unconstitutional to order that 2. she didn't have the authority to order her to close the page.

Bullshit.

You have no constitutional right to post on facebook.

Yes she had the had the authority to deliver justice at her descretion. That's what judges do.

And when they are wrong or go beyond what seems reasonable the defendant has the right to appeal the courts ruling but not the right to disobey said ruling.

You have the constitutional right to free speech the judge was mad at her for posting aka talking aka free speech on facebook. Also have the right to express ourselves.LOL justice more like the ranting of a tyrannical bitch who is going to be sued and probably taken off the bench for her illegal act.Actually we have the DUTY to disobey an unlawful and illegal order or law. She did that.

You have the constitutional right to free speech the judge was mad at her for posting aka talking aka free speech on facebook. Also have the right to express ourselves.LOL justice more like the ranting of a tyrannical bitch who is going to be sued and probably taken off the bench for her illegal act.Actually we have the DUTY to disobey an unlawful and illegal order or law. She did that.

Your legal analysis is about as useless as your debating skills, you putz.

Judge jails woman who refused to delete Facebook account – Secrets of the Fed

Wow...this nazi obviously has never heard of the constitution or just doesn't care which is about what most politicians do....

Maybe next time she will obey a judges order.

The DUI woman is absolutely a douche, not argument there, but I fail to see where the judge has the authority to make her delete a posting on her Facebook page because the families of the kids hurt in the accident are offended by it. The woman still has her First Amendment rights regardless of her crime and in my opinion the judge just gave the offender a reason to sue for damages. Now, this drunk woman could possibly walk away with a settlement courtesy of the local taxpayers as a result of this judge's abuse of authority. Not cool.

Again you fail to understand that limitations can and have been made to free speech.

For example a restraining order can prevent a person from making contact in any form to a specified individual.

The article that you are railing against does not tell the entire story. I'm sure there was more than sufficient evidence for the judge to rule the way she did. However, if the judge over stepped her bounds then the only recourse the defendant has it to appeal, not to disregard a court order.

Are you not intelligent enough to put aside your bias and look at the law.

The responsibilities of trial court judges extend through the criminal court process. From arrest through sentencing, judges make critical decisions affecting those accused of crimes. Judges determine if there is probable cause to issue a search or arrest warrant, set bail, rule on pretrial motions, accept guilty pleas, referee trials, and mete out sentences.

Judicial misconduct includes activities, such as bribery, that reduce public confidence in the integrity and impartiality of the judiciary. Most states have a judicial-conduct commission that investigates charges of misconduct against state judges.

Wow...this **** obviously has never heard of the constitution or just doesn't care which is about what most politicians do....

Hey, Dissent, you moron:

First of all, your use of the c-word outside of the Flame Zone is not allowed per the TOS of this Board. You might want to consider an edit, you idiot.

Secondly, while I happen to disagree with the Judge and (shockingly) agree with you that her "order" is probably invalid, that doesn't alone make her a tyrant, you yutz. It makes her wrong. And there is a remedy within the system for judicial decisions which are themselves legally or Constitutionally incorrect.

so simmer your stupid ass down and get back to complaining about "private grand juries," you ignorant pant-load.

Did I mention that you are dumber than a box of crap?

Gotta agree with you this time, she was wrong.

You don't have any issue with a judge telling someone they have to delete their entire facebook page? To me it feels like the judge shouldn't/doesn't have that power.

If they do and there is precedent would you maybe be able to give me a link so I can read it?

No I don't. I'm sure there were extenuating circumstances that was not reported in which the judge felt this was an appropiate action.

And you're sure about this how?

You don't like the judges ruling you have the right to appeal, if you disobey a judges order, you will be subject to arrest.

Have you ever had to appeal a ruling before? Do you know how time consuming that can be because of how jammed our legal system is? She may not have had time for an appeal within the window the judge gave her and furthermore, if the judge overstepped her authority, she shouldn't have to comply. It's called civil disobedience and if more people grew a set of balls in this country we wouldn't have all the nonsensical, intrusive laws that we do. Unfortunately, there are too many people like you out there who think authority should never be challenged. Many time it's the system, that you're saying everyone should follow, that is the problem.

Wow...this nazi obviously has never heard of the constitution or just doesn't care which is about what most politicians do....

The DUI woman is absolutely a douche, not argument there, but I fail to see where the judge has the authority to make her delete a posting on her Facebook page because the families of the kids hurt in the accident are offended by it. The woman still has her First Amendment rights regardless of her crime and in my opinion the judge just gave the offender a reason to sue for damages. Now, this drunk woman could possibly walk away with a settlement courtesy of the local taxpayers as a result of this judge's abuse of authority. Not cool.

Here's the rub.

You do not know all the evidence that was used in order for the judge rule the way she did. You only know what you read. And from my experience most reporters, especially in this era, have a bias one way or the other and have no interest in telling the entire story unless it serves their interest.

I am willing to give the judge the benefit of the doubt for the simple reason that a precedent has been set by other courts banning people from social networking sites.

Now whether it will hold up to legal scrutiny is anyone's guess.

Fact is, an order was given by the court. That order was violated and the consequence is being arrested.

And just for the record. You do lose certain rights upon conviction, especially a felony conviction, which has been upheld by the Supreme Court i.e. the right to vote, the right to own a gun etc....

Here's the rub.

You do not know all the evidence that was used in order for the judge rule the way she did. You only know what you read. And from my experience most reporters, especially in this era, have a bias one way or the other and have no interest in telling the entire story unless it serves their interest.

I am willing to give the judge the benefit of the doubt for the simple reason that a precedent has been set by other courts banning people from social networking sites.

Now whether it will hold up to legal scrutiny is anyone's guess.

Fact is, an order was given by the court. That order was violated and the consequence is being arrested.

And just for the record. You do lose certain rights upon conviction, especially a felony conviction, which has been upheld by the Supreme Court i.e. the right to vote, the right to own a gun etc....

Here's the real rub, the judge does not have the power to make rules like that. There is no set of facts that exist on this planet that would enable a judge to order anyone who has not been convicted of a crime to take down their Facebook page.

How it will stand up to scrutiny is not subject to a guess, it is perfectly clear.

Forum List

Back