Typically naieve response to explain God's place in Aurora massacre

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
My Take: This is where God was in Aurora – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

In short, the good Pastor repeats the same failed arguments that are repeatedly used by "Omni" apologists. One thing that I found particularly interesting, though, was the fact that the author explicitly claims that God endowed humans with the faculty of reason. Such a statement serves to slam the good Pastor's arguments in his face.

If God gave us reason, then he expects us to us it.
If we apply reason and logic to our perceptions of God, we should only believe in him if he confirms to logical principles.
God, however, violates fundamental logical principles (like the laws of thought).
Therefore, we should not believe in God.

This then creates the same existential crisis as exists in the Suffering Argument. If God is omni-benevolent, then he will not punish us for not believing in him, if the reason we in fact should not believe in him when adhering to the logical faculties with which he endowed us.

My Take: This is where God was in Aurora – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

In short, the good Pastor repeats the same failed arguments that are repeatedly used by "Omni" apologists. One thing that I found particularly interesting, though, was the fact that the author explicitly claims that God endowed humans with the faculty of reason. Such a statement serves to slam the good Pastor's arguments in his face.

If God gave us reason, then he expects us to us it.
If we apply reason and logic to our perceptions of God, we should only believe in him if he confirms to logical principles.
God, however, violates fundamental logical principles (like the laws of thought).
Therefore, we should not believe in God.

This then creates the same existential crisis as exists in the Suffering Argument. If God is omni-benevolent, then he will not punish us for not believing in him, if the reason we in fact should not believe in him when adhering to the logical faculties with which he endowed us.

Well what was god's place in the massacre?

Depending on the condition of their souls at the time of the incident His role was to gather His children up before their bodies hit the ground and welcome them to Paradise for eternity.
I think we should pay closer attention to Satan's role in the massacre.

Forum List

Back