Typical ways of inviting the devil into your life.

Because the jewish god wanted to let the Hebrews get out. Tell us why the Hebrews were slaves for 400 years?
Pharaoh was getting kicked around by the God he refused to recognized and was starting to cave.
God did not want Pharoah to let them go due to pressure but due to recognition that Pharoah was not god.
So God reset Pharaoh to square one.

Tell us why the Jewish God decided to let the Hebrews be slaves for 400 years?
Because the jewish god wanted to let the Hebrews get out. Tell us why the Hebrews were slaves for 400 years?
Pharaoh was getting kicked around by the God he refused to recognized and was starting to cave.
God did not want Pharoah to let them go due to pressure but due to recognition that Pharoah was not god.

True, with he hardened his heart in steps, at first he told Moses to ask.

Now tell us why the jewish god let his people be slaves for 400 years.
To suppress any arrogance they might develop after being saved by God from Egypt.
The oppression in Egypt left us with the desire to be charitable as opposed to wanting to burn people at the stake or beheading them.

This may not be a direct answer, but also to test their endurance. God never punishes you beyond what you can endure. The devil on the other had does regularly. So during slavery they have learnt who the real God it.
Jews don’t believe in The Devil.

This is interesting. I understand the Sadducees don't believe. But Jesus himself spent 40 nights in the desert with the devil.

To suppress any arrogance they might develop after being saved by God from Egypt.
The oppression in Egypt left us with the desire to be charitable as opposed to wanting to burn people at the stake or beheading them.

This may not be a direct answer, but also to test their endurance. God never punishes you beyond what you can endure. The devil on the other had does regularly. So during slavery they have learnt who the real God it.

This is interesting. I understand the Sadducees don't believe. But Jesus himself spent 40 nights in the desert with the devil.
Just like Moshe; how convenient!
I don’t do the NT.

There is no devil.

Many people wish that this were true.

Not believing in the devil is like being the fly that doesn't believe in the spiderweb that is stretched in front of him and gets stuck in.
It's not a wish

There is no eveil being tempting you to do bad shit.

it's just an excuse

The devil made me do it

Unfortunately not true. Programs can be put into people. Even in primitive settings like a therapist's treatment chair.

What typical ways do you know to invite the devil into your life? I have found the followings.

1. Abused women unwittingly invite the devil into their lives to please their abuser and in hope of stopping the beatings.

2. Abused children invite the devil into their lives for the same reason.

3. Atheistic or agnostic parents invite the devil into their children's lives by ordering psychic work on their children.

4. Atheistic or agnostic people do the same for themselves.

5. Certain psychological therapy techniques.

6. Yoga, possibly.

7. You invite the devil into your life to satisfy one of the seven deadly sins.

8. You invite the devil into your relative's life to satisfy your submission to one of the seven deadly sins.

9. After inviting the devil into your life, you invite the devil into your relative's life or into your acquaintance's life, to satisfy the devil inside you.

10. You invite the devil into your life to satisfy anxiety, fear, or physical pain of some illness.

What other ways do you know that you invite the devil into your life? Witting or unwitting?

Since you give so many references to inviting the devil into your relatives lives, I'm guessing you are a religious nut who is having some difficulty of some sort, and is blaming one of your relatives for inviting the devil into your life. Am I right? The devil told me I am right, and he's watching you.

There is church literature in many countries, officially approved, that deals with relatives inviting the devil into you. There is no smoke without fire, so you can rest assured that there is a very good reason for printing them.

And as for the devil watching you, do you think it wears prada?

Nah. That's like voodoo magic stuff and expressly not Christian. Whether you engage in evil or godly deeds is something YOU do, not something people can pray to overtake you.

Too bad, you may be the best Christian on Earth, they can still do it to you successfully.

Then you are proposing these people are more powerful than the Holy Spirit. Which is really pretty blasphemous.

What typical ways do you know to invite the devil into your life? I have found the followings.

1. Abused women unwittingly invite the devil into their lives to please their abuser and in hope of stopping the beatings.

3. Atheistic or agnostic parents invite the devil into their children's lives by ordering psychic work on their children.

6. Yoga, possibly.

8. You invite the devil into your relative's life to satisfy your submission to one of the seven deadly sins.

9. After inviting the devil into your life, you invite the devil into your relative's life or into your acquaintance's life, to satisfy the devil inside you.

10. You invite the devil into your life to satisfy anxiety, fear, or physical pain of some illness.

What other ways do you know that you invite the devil into your life? Witting or unwitting?

I understand the idea that you can invite the devil into your life. But inviting the devil into someone else's life? Don't they have to do the inviting?

Unfortunately not. The devil can enter your life even if you don't invite it but someone who you know invites it into your life. And that too may be intentional or unintentional.

So you can live a good, Godly life, and your relative can invite the devil into your life? Nah, that is just not something I could believe.

6. Yoga, possibly.

Yoga?
Goat yoga, yes.

goat-yoga-5.jpg

Goats are the devil.

There is no devil.

Not believing in the devil is like being the fly that doesn't believe in the spiderweb that is stretched in front of him and gets stuck in.
It's not a wish

it's just an excuse

The devil made me do it
Perhaps no evil being, true. Satan is a convenient excuse for wrongdoing.

Of course sin is real, though, I believe. Ungodly habits, and the pursuit of anything contrary to God, really, is Satan. Satan is idolatry.

6. Yoga, possibly.

Since you give so many references to inviting the devil into your relatives lives, I'm guessing you are a religious nut who is having some difficulty of some sort, and is blaming one of your relatives for inviting the devil into your life. Am I right? The devil told me I am right, and he's watching you.

There is church literature in many countries, officially approved, that deals with relatives inviting the devil into you. There is no smoke without fire, so you can rest assured that there is a very good reason for printing them.

There has been literature from all over the world that deals with all kinds of things, from why the world has to be flat to the sun and everything else rotating around the earth. I can show you literature that claims to prove that a proper blood letting will cure most diseases. The 2nd most read book in the world, right behind the Bible is Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung. The fact that some people believe a thing doesn't mean it is true.

Probably the best way is not inviting God into your life
Actually, a better way is not to invite any silly iron aged myths into your life at all. No devil, no magical sky daddies, sunday mornings free.... The benefits are endless...

Just like Moshe; how convenient!
I don’t do the NT.
Well, only one book to go, until you are free of the burden of iron aged myths...

Like this poor, attention seeking troll ^^

Look what magical, iron age superstition has done to his brain...

6. Yoga, possibly.

Nah. That's like voodoo magic stuff and expressly not Christian. Whether you engage in evil or godly deeds is something YOU do, not something people can pray to overtake you.

Too bad, you may be the best Christian on Earth, they can still do it to you successfully.

Then you are proposing these people are more powerful than the Holy Spirit. Which is really pretty blasphemous.

More scary than blasphemous. It is like these people forcing some spiritual infection decease into your soul, then after that you turn around and ask the Holy Spirit what can be done. You are lucky if you even know how to properly identify the nature of your problem with these in your confession and repentance. The Holy Spirit is here the doctor banging his head on the wall in a desperate effort of saving the dying idiot who was thrown into the infection.

An even better explanation is the Good Samaritan story. When somebody has forced the devil into you, you are like that traveler after he got mugged on his way to Jerico. The Holy Spirit is the Samaritan who takes you to the inn which is the Church, and puts oil on you to slow down your death. The 2 coins is Jesus's 2 central commandments, which your church gets to take care of you. Did the traveler survive in that parable? I think it doesn't say. If not, then was the devil stronger than the Holly Spirit with his oil and inn and all?

6. Yoga, possibly.

I understand the idea that you can invite the devil into your life. But inviting the devil into someone else's life? Don't they have to do the inviting?

Unfortunately not. The devil can enter your life even if you don't invite it but someone who you know invites it into your life. And that too may be intentional or unintentional.

So you can live a good, Godly life, and your relative can invite the devil into your life? Nah, that is just not something I could believe.

Yes, this can easily happen. As well known, life is not fair. I know a nice and kind and beautiful girl who got totally destroyed by this. Your only weapon is, to check how much of the Holy Spirit you invite into yourself, and how eagerly you obide the Holy Spirit, before somebody surprises you with this.

There is no devil.

It's not a wish

it's just an excuse

The devil made me do it
Perhaps no evil being, true. Satan is a convenient excuse for wrongdoing.

Of course sin is real, though, I believe. Ungodly habits, and the pursuit of anything contrary to God, really, is Satan. Satan is idolatry.

Yes, but this has a very interesting kicker. After you have realized that you have done something wrong, and want to turn away from that Satan, you find that you can't. It requires the intensive effort of multiple people to pull you out of your hole.

6. Yoga, possibly.

There has been literature from all over the world that deals with all kinds of things, from why the world has to be flat to the sun and everything else rotating around the earth. I can show you literature that claims to prove that a proper blood letting will cure most diseases. The 2nd most read book in the world, right behind the Bible is Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung. The fact that some people believe a thing doesn't mean it is true.

You can be absolutely sure, that if you believe something, then you put something of yours into it like your money or a piece of your cut hair, then something will happen as a consequence, physically. This is an absolute physical fact, that is repeatable every time reliably always, if you are rave enough and evil enough to offer anything of yours to the devil.

Probably the best way is not inviting God into your life
Actually, a better way is not to invite any silly iron aged myths into your life at all. No devil, no magical sky daddies, sunday mornings free.... The benefits are endless...
Not really an option half the time, because half the time the devil enters you because your husband or father beats you until it does.

6. Yoga, possibly.

You can be absolutely sure, that if you believe something, then you put something of yours into it like your money or a piece of your cut hair, then something will happen as a consequence, physically. This is an absolute physical fact, that is repeatable every time reliably always, if you are rave enough and evil enough to offer anything of yours to the devil.

OK. I'm completely convinced now. I wasn't sure if you were batshit crazy, but you've convinced me now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back