Typical NYT Spin

Don't worry.

We'll have another bail out. This one will be for idiot students who borrowed to much money for college and now they can't pay it back. We the taxpayer will end up bailing them out along with everyone else.

Trade school is the way to go. Be an engine mechanic. Be a plumber or , electrician. Those are skills you can use anywhere in America.

College grads are a dime a dozen and most can't even find a job. Jeeze.

Well, there already is a bail out for students, of sorts. In the health care bill, there are provisions that cram down a students repayment obligation to 10% of his annual income...but only on debt acquired on or after 2014. Won't help this chick.

Who says anyone has to feel compassion for every person who makes an idiotic mistake? Why would NYT even write the article, pointing blame? Of course they believe she is a "victim" and "victims" should be compensated. Wrong.

We have been visiting colleges. They have all kinds of whackjob majors. Should they not be available?

That's what I say but every time I mention Bush was an 'idiotic mistake,' I'm told to move on. Can you figure that out?

No major is a waste in my mind. I have had people with engineering degrees from good universities and farmers with only HS and the truth is, it is personal motivation, interpersonal skills, and that hard to measure thing called intelligence and creativity - at least where and when it counts. And I have managed people and projects for a long time. Check Carly Fiorina's major sometime.

Except that she didn't go to school on the public dime. Clearly, since she'll be paying it off for the rest of her life.

You made that part up.

You're quite an optimist if you think she'll pay it off.

You're also a little short of financial savvy if you think borrowed public funds couldn't have been spent in a more productive application than to graduate with an "interdisciplinary degree in religious and women’s studies."

Well, the whole point is that she didn't borrow public funds. She borrowed private funds. Did you even read the article?

:clap2:

:lol:

Who says anyone has to feel compassion for every person who makes an idiotic mistake? Why would NYT even write the article, pointing blame? Of course they believe she is a "victim" and "victims" should be compensated. Wrong.

We have been visiting colleges. They have all kinds of whackjob majors. Should they not be available?

That's what I say but every time I mention Bush was an 'idiotic mistake,' I'm told to move on. Can you figure that out?

No major is a waste in my mind. I have had people with engineering degrees from good universities and farmers with only HS and the truth is, it is personal motivation, interpersonal skills, and that hard to measure thing called intelligence and creativity - at least where and when it counts. And I have managed people and projects for a long time. Check Carly Fiorina's major sometime.

Before long Obama will be know as an "idiotic mistake," probably sooner than you think. LOL

Before long Obama will be know as an "idiotic mistake," probably sooner than you think. LOL

Before long? Hah..I think most figured that out pretty quick after he was shortly elected. He's one and done.

Wow. I'm getting sooooo sick of this victim mentality.If I hear one more person complain that their house is worth less than their mortgage... It's an investment and all investments include risk.

And guess what? NYU only takes the best and the brightest. How the hell can she and her folks plead ignorance?

We've been saving for our kids' colleges since they were born. I don't expect one dime of govt aid, but I'll be damned if tax money is used to bail out losers like her. Where does it end?

Something the business community seems to have forgotten, as they hoard excess profit because it's too "risky" to hire if they might be assessed a few more percentage points on taxes. Like they haven't known all along the tax cuts weren't permanent?

Wow. I'm getting sooooo sick of this victim mentality.If I hear one more person complain that their house is worth less than their mortgage... It's an investment and all investments include risk.

And guess what? NYU only takes the best and the brightest. How the hell can she and her folks plead ignorance?

We've been saving for our kids' colleges since they were born. I don't expect one dime of govt aid, but I'll be damned if tax money is used to bail out losers like her. Where does it end?

Who is calling for her to be "bailed out" with "tax money"?

That was my question too.

What the fuck is the big deal? What did this poor girl do to you guys, that you're so pissed at her?

The reason I posted this in the media Forum, and titled the thread "Typical NYT Spin" was because it illustrates the typical bleeding heart spin that minimizes individual responsiblity in favor of bashing Citi Bank, and Universities.

Get you panties out of a wad: I could have titled it "Stupid Bitch spends $100K on Useless Degree."

I'm just trying to understand why everyone in this thread was so quick to attack this poor girl.

Because hate rules.

Are you serious?

How about you help her pay for it.

Oh, I almost forgot (NOT) you libz only like to spend others money, not your own.

So you hate her because she's having a hard time paying her loans? Very compassionate of you.

NO.... I'M SICK OF PEOPLE CRYING B/C THEY TOOK ON MORE THAN THEY CAN CHEW, then whine about it when they cant swallow it!

This is what got us into the mess we are currently in.

When I lost my job last Aug I called the banks and ask for an extension, and they gave it to me b/c I have always payed my loans back and they knew I was good for it. I didnt just sit and cry about it.... I also had to trim down any waste I had, in order to make ends meet.
Didnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what I needed to do.

So how do you know millions of others didn't do the same thing and still lost their homes? I think people have become far too judgmental, assuming the only good guys left are the ones that because of their own personal circumstances were lucky enough to have escaped the worst of the economic tsunami.

Sure, did you?

$40,000 was from Citibank.

Federal Loans = Public Funds

Ok, you're right.

$40,000 from Citibank
$20,000 from Sallie Mae

and the difference from Federal loans.

Are you saying that the government should have control over what you go to school for, if you accept government loans?

The government cannot account for $750B in stimulous money, so taking them to task for being accountable for $40,000 is a little silly.

But, so is the NYT for not simply recognising this story for what it is: Failure of Personal Responsibility. Instead, the paper makes the point that somehow the University vet-out students who make stupid choices, and Citi, a bank, shouldn't make student loans.

I see you're still making that assinine allegation, so prove it. I've already proved you wrong, including the link(s), yet you still spread that shit around hoping some other fool will believe you.

Just pay them back and quit crying.... thats all most of us would expect her to do.

It was hard to do, but I payed all of mine off.

So that gives you reason to attack her?

YEAH..... FUCK THAT BITCH!

Does that make you feel better.... the evil conservative hates her.

Oh boo-fukin-hoo!

So much anger coming from the right which is also so confident of winning back Washington, and winning over the evil liberals. Why is that? One would think you'd be dancing in the streets. Better calm down, folks, or you'll start eating each other or blowing up stuff before you ever get the chance for your own hopey-changey strategery to take place.

Who is calling for her to be "bailed out" with "tax money"?

That was my question too.

You wouldn't be so clueless if you'd read the thread.

"attack".....:lol:

PEA-BRAIN!!!

liberal-democrat-brain.jpg

81010po.jpg

Ok, you're right.

$40,000 from Citibank
$20,000 from Sallie Mae

Are you saying that the government should have control over what you go to school for, if you accept government loans?

The government cannot account for $750B in stimulous money, so taking them to task for being accountable for $40,000 is a little silly.

But, so is the NYT for not simply recognising this story for what it is: Failure of Personal Responsibility. Instead, the paper makes the point that somehow the University vet-out students who make stupid choices, and Citi, a bank, shouldn't make student loans.

I see you're still making that assinine allegation, so prove it. I've already proved you wrong, including the link(s), yet you still spread that shit around hoping some other fool will believe you.

No you never "proved" anything: you gave a link to recovery.gov, then said that everything you said was true simply because you posted a link.

Of course, when no one could find anything remotely close to your claims on recovery.gov, then that was THEIR FAULT!:lol:

You really should stick to endlessly parroting, "Its Bush's Fault," or "Its Delay's Fault."

Anything more is clearly beyond the scope of your intellectual ability.

No you never "proved" anything: you gave a link to recovery.gov, then said that everything you said was true simply because you posted a link.

Of course, when no one could find anything remotely close to your claims on recovery.gov, then that was THEIR FAULT!:lol:

You really should stick to endlessly parroting, "Its Bush's Fault," or "Its Delay's Fault."

Anything more is clearly beyond the scope of your intellectual ability.

Where did I say it was 'THEIR FAULT'??? What a lying sack of shit you are. And here's the link you requested over and over, which I posted at least 3 times, although the first two times you expected ME to navigate to the correct page. So here's the page, asshole. Read it. Think your pea brain can figure out how to click on a state and then find all the projects by name within that state? Good. Class is over.

Recovery.org ? Tracking Economic Recovery Spending

Still striking out Maggie, or are you trying to make me feel sorry for you:

If only Republicans had lead Congress for the past 6 years, this might make sense.....:eusa_whistle:

Yup. A big fat NOTHING coming out the end after all those endless moving parts were shuffled around--or didn't you get it.

I actually don't need to copy someone else's humor where you're concerned. You provide all the fodder anyone could ever hope for!

Waiting for Sammyboy to post a link to the $750 billion unaccounted for stimulus before he has one of his usual tantrums.

Three
Two
One

Nah, he ain't worth the wait. Somebody else change his diapers please.

Ok, you're right.

$40,000 from Citibank
$20,000 from Sallie Mae

Ok this may be a "teachable moment" for me, so pay the fuck attention:

You take a source, paste the relevant information into your post to support your claim, and then link it to the source, or cite from which you got it.

I know it would have been much easier for me to have just posted a linky, and told you to find the information yourself, but I'm hoping you may be salvageable.

I could be wrong, though.

Forum List

Back