Typical Dose Of Right Wing Bullshit

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
This E Mail is circulating. If one researches it they will find that the change was made by the military in the interest of convenience and also that the change was implemented in 2007 while Bush was president:

What did America do to deserve such a piece of S&%# as a Commander in Chief and spokesperson for the Great US of A.!!?? He and his wife are a disgrace. Wish they were citizens.

That is my opinion and I am hoppng America comes to it's senses and gets rid of him. 2012 elections can't come too soon

10:24 pm
Subject: Fwd: Fwd: Military Funeral Protocol

Today I was incensed at the conclusion of a traditional Serbian-Orthodox funeral for my beloved 85 year old uncle, Daniel Martich, who proudly served in the US Army during The Korean Conflict. During the committal service at a Pittsburgh cemetery the local military detachment performed their ritual, then folded and presented the American Flag to my aunt. As I'm sure you have witnessed during military funerals, a soldier bends to one knee and recites a scripted message to a surviving relative that begins "On behalf of the President of the United States and a grateful nation, I wish to present you with this flag in appreciation for your husband's service." However, today the dialogue was "On behalf of the Secretary of Defense and a grateful nation...". After the service I approached the soldier who presented the flag to my aunt to inquire about the change in language. His response was "The White House notified all military funeral service detachments to immediately remove 'the President' and insert 'the Secretary of Defense".

Why do you refer to it as right wing bullshit?
The author of the email asked a soldier "why" and he answered him. The author of the email had valid reason to believe it was THIS administration for he was not informed that it happened years ago.
Heck, even I did not know the origin of the original words nor was I aware of the change in words.
You are seeking to make a bigger deal out of this than needs to ber made. The author of the email obviously does not appreciate the Obamas (nor do I) and he immediately assumed this was action of theirs.
That does not make it "right wing" anything. It is all about a man jumping to conclusions.

The author of the email asked a soldier "why" and he answered him. The author of the email had valid reason to believe it was THIS administration for he was not informed that it happened years ago.
Heck, even I did not know the origin of the original words nor was I aware of the change in words.
You are seeking to make a bigger deal out of this than needs to ber made. The author of the email obviously does not appreciate the Obamas (nor do I) and he immediately assumed this was action of theirs.
That does not make it "right wing" anything. It is all about a man jumping to conclusions.

The E Mail was sent to me by one of the biggest Republican supporters I know. Go figure.

Like other Republican bullshit they figure nobody will research or question what is said. Like Fox news...once it's said or in print it's a fact.

Ann Coulter is one of the biggest liars I know. Still...because the Republican base already believes the shit she spews her books are sold to them by the million. I love it when Bill Maher talks about having sex with her.

Last edited:

The E Mail was sent to me by one of the biggest Republican supporters I know. Go figure.

Like other Republican bullshit they figure nobody will research or question what is said. Like Fox news...once it's said or in print it's a fact.

Ann Coulter is one of the biggest liars I know. Still...because the Republican base already believes the shit she spews her books are sold to them by the million. I love it when Bill Maher talks about having sex with her.

there you go again...spewing "facts" without backing them up...or at least explaining them.

Sort of like you did yesterday...I explained to you how the conservative individual sees things and all you can respond with was "thats bullshit"...nothing more.

As if YOU know better than I do as it pertains to the way I think.

Jarhead, you dumb ass, go to the site that he linked. This change was made under President Bush in 2007, and this site explains the why of the change;

snopes.com: Change in Military Funeral Protocol

Old rocks...spend more time reading the thread before calling someone else a dumb ass cause it makes you look like...well...a dumb ass.

I never disagreed with anything he said....I simply explained to him as to why he should not link it to "right wingers"....

Wow.

Some people are easily "incensed".

Regardless of who made the change, SFW? I don't really see the big deal. Does this somehow mean that the President (whoever it is) is not grateful for military service.

Jarhead, you dumb ass, go to the site that he linked. This change was made under President Bush in 2007, and this site explains the why of the change;

Is this what prompted the anti war movement to sit down. Or was it democrats getting soldiers killed just isnt important ?

We effectively forced a Democratic President from making a run for a second term over Vietnam. President Obama inherited two wars. Winding down a war without creating an even greater problem is not easy. But now we are finally getting out of Iraq. And will probably get out of Afghanistan pretty soon. Libya was an example of how to conduct a policy that extracts justice from dictators that have had a hand in killing Americans by terrorist support. Cost no American lives, and it is up to the Libyans to take advantage of the freedom they have gained. If they fail to, the blame is on their heads, not that of the Americans and Europeans that helped them.

Is this what prompted the anti war movement to sit down. Or was it democrats getting soldiers killed just isnt important ?

We effectively forced a Democratic President from making a run for a second term over Vietnam. President Obama inherited two wars. Winding down a war without creating an even greater problem is not easy. But now we are finally getting out of Iraq. And will probably get out of Afghanistan pretty soon. Libya was an example of how to conduct a policy that extracts justice from dictators that have had a hand in killing Americans by terrorist support. Cost no American lives, and it is up to the Libyans to take advantage of the freedom they have gained. If they fail to, the blame is on their heads, not that of the Americans and Europeans that helped them.

So if Libya is an 'example of how to conduct a police etc etc' how come Obama had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into it?

Now. It was the whole "we are getting out of Iraq" thing, which is what we were upset with the whole time.

Now we will be out of Iraq, save for Ft. Apache and 150 troops, we have refocused our efforts on AQ to the point of where it is again a dangerous thing to have on your resume, and are looking to a future where we pull out of Afghanistan.

That's why I voted for Obama and why I will vote for him again.

But go ahead and tell me he hasn't accomplished anything in his time in office. Hell, five years ago, the simple assurance that Bush's mess would be cleaned up would have bought anyone an 8 year term. That's how desperate the country was.

However, our selective amnesia is amazing and now every one takes getting out of Iraq for granted.

This E Mail is circulating. If one researches it they will find that the change was made by the military in the interest of convenience and also that the change was implemented in 2007 while Bush was president:

What did America do to deserve such a piece of S&%# as a Commander in Chief and spokesperson for the Great US of A.!!?? He and his wife are a disgrace. Wish they were citizens.

That is my opinion and I am hoppng America comes to it's senses and gets rid of him. 2012 elections can't come too soon

Today I was incensed at the conclusion of a traditional Serbian-Orthodox funeral for my beloved 85 year old uncle, Daniel Martich, who proudly served in the US Army during The Korean Conflict. During the committal service at a Pittsburgh cemetery the local military detachment performed their ritual, then folded and presented the American Flag to my aunt. As I'm sure you have witnessed during military funerals, a soldier bends to one knee and recites a scripted message to a surviving relative that begins "On behalf of the President of the United States and a grateful nation, I wish to present you with this flag in appreciation for your husband's service." However, today the dialogue was "On behalf of the Secretary of Defense and a grateful nation...". After the service I approached the soldier who presented the flag to my aunt to inquire about the change in language. His response was "The White House notified all military funeral service detachments to immediately remove 'the President' and insert 'the Secretary of Defense".
The author of the forwarded email asked a question and he's a 'rightwinger'?

I see that the one who forwarded it is, but unless there is something more to see than the words of the forwarded email, I have no idea how someone could conclude anything about his politics.

He just buried a son. And, he asked a question about the change from what it was to what he got, obviously disappointed. But, he just buried a son, so I imagine his emotions were a tad raw.

I see that the one who forwarded it is, but unless there is something more to see than the words of the forwarded email, I have no idea how someone could conclude anything about his politics.

He just buried a son. And, he asked a question about the change from what it was to what he got, obviously disappointed. But, he just buried a son, so I imagine his emotions were a tad raw.

he actually had just buried his 85 year old uncle.

So if Libya is an 'example of how to conduct a police etc etc' how come Obama had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into it?

Because he didn't want to commit us to another possible conflict.

Libya was the price we paid for NATOs support during almost 10 decades in Afghanistan. In particular, the European member countries weren't very enthusiastic of the prospect of a jillion Libyan refugees on their shores.

Any other President would have done the same. That's just politics.

Or he could be completely full of shit.

Thanks for correcting me.

OK.

He just buried an uncle. I imagine his emotions were a bit raw.

Otherwise, I just can't find enough reason to be outraged over a viral email. The Nigerians telling me I have money in Nigeria don't outrage me, either.

The email is misleading, false and damaging. It's perfectly understandable to characterize it as "bullshit". If the writer didn't realize that the changes were instituted under the Bush administration he or she had a responsibility to check before he delivered his broadside. Is it right-wing? Almost certainly. It's a public attack on the patriotism and commitment to soldiers of a Democratic president. The overwhelming majority of such communications come from the right rather than the left. Is it typical? It's not typical of the average Republican, but it is typical of anonymous internet chain mails.

Forum List

Back