"Tycoon" games gone off the deep end?

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I was at Best Buy yesterday, and was looking at computer games, seeing the newest 'tycoon' simulations, like seaworld tycoon, and one I would like to try, Mall of America tycoon. Call me a nerd, but I like these types of games.

Then I saw one that made me laugh, and want to buy it just to try it, though I didn't want to spend $20 on a game that might not be as fun as it looks. It was "Prison Tycoon". Seriously. Here is the description from the website:

http://www.prisontycoon.com/pages/intro.htm
PRISON TYCOON allows you to build and run your very own correctional facility from the comfort of your own home, on your PC.

Control the layout of your prison buildings and the arrangement of the rooms and facilities within them. Place dormitories and cellblocks, mess halls and gymnasiums, but don't expect to be able to build death row right away.

When you begin you will have a low security rating and must, with effort and managerial skill, improve your prison, maintain inmate discipline and increase your security to maximum. As time passes more inmates will arrive and you must deal with each new influx as they step off the prison bus, all of them needing to be housed and fed.

Raise funds for the upkeep of your inmates, staff and facilities by building on-site factories where your inmates can work. Will you rehabilitate offenders by allowing them learn trade skills or educate themselves while in prison, or discuss their issues with the prison Therapist? Or will you simply send in the guards to quell unrest...

I wonder if you can simulate REAL prison life, like gang issues, beat-downs, and riots? Can you open fire on an escapee? The site doesn't specify...

Has anyone else here played this game? I might actually want it for Christmas, but I want to know if it is any good.

I wonder if you can simulate REAL prison life, like gang issues, beat-downs, and riots? Can you open fire on an escapee? The site doesn't specify...

Has anyone else here played this game? I might actually want it for Christmas, but I want to know if it is any good

Sounds to me like someone needs a healthy dose of Grand Theft Auto. Or True Crime, if you prefer sticking on the law's side.

Dan said:
Sounds to me like someone needs a healthy dose of Grand Theft Auto. Or True Crime, if you prefer sticking on the law's side.
Tim has the newest GTA game...I can't stand listening to it because of the violence, and the cRap music. I won't even let him play it if Nathan is awake. But Tim is an adult and I can't stop him from playing it, but I do ask that he not play it with Nathan around.

he also plays Call of Duty on the computer and is hinting (DAILY!!!) that he wants the newest version for x-mas...sigh. I don't like that game either because if he plays it without his headphones on, it sounds like I am in a war-zone. Think about walking in the door after a long day, saying 'honey, i'm home' and then hearing the ratta-tat-tat of gunfire? Very disconcerting. Of course, this is if he gets home before me, which is unusual with his new job.

Think about walking in the door after a long day, saying 'honey, i'm home' and then hearing the ratta-tat-tat of gunfire?

My Dad's very proud of his home theater, and his favorite movie to show it off with is Saving Private Ryan... I sympathize!

Forum List

Back