TX makes MSNBC.com's front page

Wasn't a comment on the better or worser, rather the fact that the situation is FINALLY newsworthy. Here in "yankeeville", the Garden State will probably lose its gardens due to too much water. Is that making headlines yet?

Hey wait, you're from NJ...aren't you supposed to be in jail right now?

Sorry.... Fertilizing isn't a job that Americans with integrity will do.... :eusa_whistle:

Here in Texas it is hot and dry. You guys enjoy the wet and cool weather. I understand you are experiencing some of the coldest weather for this time of the year ever. So much for global warming.

Meanwhile the NE coast has had rain for the last two months.

Seriously, I think we've had less than 48 hours of sun combined since June 1.

My pears, which normally are impervious to damned near everything, look like they're not going to do very well this year.

I think they've got some sort of mold or mildew condition.

So much rain, so little sun, the summer is nearly gone.

This is going to be a disasterous season for anyone in the NE counting on tourism.

The NE gardens are mess from the lack of sun and heat, the NE people are depressed from a lack of sun while other parts of the nation (like Seattle for example) are having the dryest and hottest summer most people can remember.

It's very depressing.

I'm supposed to go to Cape Cod in August, but if it's going to be overcast and cold, it won't be much of a VACA.

You yankees, there you go hogging all the rain, while Texas is suffering, and you complain about it, instead of sharing it.

I propose an oil for water trade.

I'll talk to Baldacchi about it.

Meanwhile you talk to your governor or head texas ranger or whatever guy is in charge of your lone star state.

See how easy this is folks?

MM and I have solved not one but TWO major problems and I haven't even had my second cup of coffee yet.

Weather changes year in and year out. The notion that we can prevent this sort of thing by reducing our CO2 output by 1 or 2 % is just laughable.

I doubt anyone has such a notion, but if they do, I quite agree.

Droughts and too much rain are part of the system.

Regardless of whether the climate is changing, this is the nature of our planet.

As to the outcome if we reduce the CO2?

Nobody really fucking knows.

I say it's probably a good idea, but not that we KNOW this will prevent global warming.

I say this is a good idea for the same reason I think preventing people from shitting in our water supply is a good idea.

cold front for a couple of days this week !

Attachments

• $7_DAY_HD.jpg
    $7_DAY_HD.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 60
Here in Portland, we have having our normal, clear, hot weather for July. Temps predicted for the 100s for at least three days of next week. Makes working in a steel mill real fun.

Portland Oregon?

I heard (on the weather channel) that the record high in Portland OR was 100 degrees.

So if you guys see 100+ temps that's nor a normal July, is it?

Meanwhile the NE coast has had rain for the last two months.

Seriously, I think we've had less than 48 hours of sun combined since June 1.

My pears, which normally are impervious to damned near everything, look like they're not going to do very well this year.

I think they've got some sort of mold or mildew condition.

So much rain, so little sun, the summer is nearly gone.

This is going to be a disasterous season for anyone in the NE counting on tourism.

The NE gardens are mess from the lack of sun and heat, the NE people are depressed from a lack of sun while other parts of the nation (like Seattle for example) are having the dryest and hottest summer most people can remember.

It's very depressing.

I'm supposed to go to Cape Cod in August, but if it's going to be overcast and cold, it won't be much of a VACA.

Are you kidding?

No

I like cloudy days, hate the sun, and knowing that most of the planet is in a drought - am thrilled it keeps raining.

You're thrilled when its been raining for over six weeks, are you?

What are you some kind of duck?

In fact, it has been raining non-stop for the last 4 hours as I type this. The only negative about this type of weather - cannot use my bike...

Four hours!

Try six weeks where you only saw two or three hours of sunlight and get back to me, then, okay?

It's a fucking mess here in the NE.

The wettest, coolest summer I ever remember.

I mean I know I live in a temperate rain forest but this is ridiculous.

More evidence of Global Weirding, as far as I'm concerned.

Wasn't a comment on the better or worser, rather the fact that the situation is FINALLY newsworthy. Here in "yankeeville", the Garden State will probably lose its gardens due to too much water. Is that making headlines yet?

Hey wait, you're from NJ...aren't you supposed to be in jail right now?

LOL.

Apparently there's one or two New Jerseyonians who apparently haven't yet be ensnared in the corruption scandal.

Forum List

Back