TX GOP Platform Report: End Voting Rights For Blacks

No not from the onion from the young turks a liberal progressive group who used think progress as a source also a liberal progressive group sorry no sale have a nice day.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lIn7Ag&usg=AFQjCNHPBi_sqbw9Wd6y1omzCZD6WouMYA

This isn't a conspiracy theory this is a direct quote from the report the TX GOP platform report:

"Voter Rights Act – We urge that the Voter Rights Act of 1965 codified and updated in 1973 be repealed and not reauthorized."

Yes, there’s a great deal if ignorance and insanity in the Texas GOP platform.

Here we see the Texas GOP’s ignorance of – or contempt for – the rule of law, where citizens’ civil liberties are subject to majority rule, and those adversely effected may not seek remedy in Federal courts.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lIn7Ag&usg=AFQjCNHPBi_sqbw9Wd6y1omzCZD6WouMYA

This isn't a conspiracy theory this is a direct quote from the report the TX GOP platform report:

"Voter Rights Act – We urge that the Voter Rights Act of 1965 codified and updated in 1973 be repealed and not reauthorized."

Yes, there’s a great deal if ignorance and insanity in the Texas GOP platform.

Here we see the Texas GOP’s ignorance of – or contempt for – the rule of law, where citizens’ civil liberties are subject to majority rule, and those adversely effected may not seek remedy in Federal courts.

I don't see how they could put that in their platform,it's not a consoiracy theory if they put it in writing.

No not from the onion from the young turks a liberal progressive group who used think progress as a source also a liberal progressive group sorry no sale have a nice day.

He used direct quotes from the their(the TX GOP) platform report.

No what he did was claim that is what they said then he showed the written quote and in the lower right hand corner you see Think Progress.I'm sure your more than happy to take two far left sources telling you something you want to believe as fact fine I won't waste my time trying to convince you otherwise now if any real news sources make this claim and can back it up I will give it another look but Young Turks and Think Progress don't qualify.

Typical to see this from a complete moron like Perry. That guy actually makes W look like he has a braincell or two.

There is a reason why this was put in Conspiracy theories.

Why don't YOU libs apply some "critical thinking" and figure out why it was placed here!

Here's a clue!

133990821617.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its not as though the GObP/pubs/bags have made a secret of stealing/buying this and other elections.

and, Texass? Remember, they routinely execute innocent people and brag about it. No effort from their openly racist "governor" to create jobs or improve their economy, want Thomas Jefferson removed from text books because he never did much.

Texass really is one of the states that together, make up the asshole of the country. We should demand that the nutter rw's move there. Then we could throw up a fence ... electrified, alligators ...

Liberals, for the sake of argument, love to think like it's still 1965. Or 1865 for that matter. The objection is that the Act seems to require Racially Gerrymandered Districts. THAT'S what the objection is to. NOT registering minorities.
Also, it requires multi-lingual ballots which some view as an unfunded mandate.

I'm looking at the 2112 Platform as submitted by a previous poster and I can understand why you guys are upset. I mean just look at some of the crazy sh*t they want:

We support equal suffrage for all U.S. Citizens of voting age who are not felons. We oppose any identification of citizens by race, origin, or creed and oppose use of any such identification for purposes of creating voting districts.
We affirm the Constitutional authority of state legislatures to regulate voting, including disenfranchisement of convicted felons.
(That's some crazy shit right there)

Banning the Use of Red Light Cameras
Protection from Extreme Environmentalists
As the Real ID Act effectively creates an unconstitutional and privacy-inhibiting national ID card, we hereby call for its immediate repeal.
We oppose the government’s ability to shut down websites either directly or through intimidation without a warrant or judicial hearing.
Jury service should be limited to registered voters.
We call Congress and the President to use their constitutional powers to restrain activist judges.
We support full disclosure of the amounts and sources of any campaign contributions to political candidates, whether contributed by individuals, political action committees, or other entities.
A candidate running for office should be required to reside within the geographical boundaries of the office sought.
We urge Congress, the Legislature, and the Republican Party to institute Term Limits.

And the biggest offender of them all:
We propose legislation that holds abortion clinics to the same health regulations as other medical facilities and that subjects clinics to the same malpractice liabilities. We oppose any public funding for Planned Parenthood or other organizations/facilities that provide, advocate or promote abortions.

Forum List

Back